on 1 July 2011
LOOKS:

The watch looks fantastic, just what I was looking for. It is the perfect balance of smart and masculine; cool and elegant. The numbers are bold, and the hour and minute hands are thick and white, making reading the time easy without having to raise my wrist to my eye. The watch actually looks much better in real life than it does on the picture, and looks even better on the wrist than it does in the box. The backlight is excellent, with the green backlight clearly showing the numbers and hands on the timeface.

COMFORT:

The leather strap is relatively comfortable, and like all leather straps, softens and becomes more comfortable with time. I did experience a slight rash on the underside of my wrist after wearing the watch for a month, but this was not painful or blistered, and I have had this problem with previous watches.

TIMEKEEPING:

I have owned this watch for a month and have experienced no deviation in time. I set this to exactly the same time as my PC to the second, and one month later, it is still exactly accurate. The adjustment dial has 4 settings. When it is entirely pulled out, it changes the time; when it is pulled slightly out, it changes the date (useful for the end of months with less than 31 days) so you don't have to wind through 24 hours as is the case with some watches; when it is not pushed out, it is obviously in normal mode, and when it is pushed in, the back light comes on.

BUILD:

Although I have only owned this for little over a month, the watch appears to be very well built. It is quite chunky and robust without being obtrusively heavy. I work in a shop, and as such, have bashed it a little bit (although I try to be careful as I have previously smashed a the irreplaceable glass on the time-face on a watch on a metal handrail) and there are no signs of scuffs or scratching. Also, the leather strap is stitched and not glued meaning it should be more robust, and also looks better.

OVERALL HAPPINESS:

I could not be happier with this watch. What is more, I got it with Amazon's £10 off £40 Summer fashion month, meaning I only paid £35 for it. Bargain! Also, I opted for free super saver delivery and it was delivered to my door the next working day. A great watch, made by a reputable watch manufacturer, sold by the world's best online retailer.
on 25 January 2012
This is a very nice watch indeed.

The numbers are actually silver - not white like they appear in the photo. This makes them quite hard to see in certain light conditions and when viewing the watch at an angle. However, it is quite an unusual feature for a military style watch and they go well with the overall solid, metallic look of the watch.

The black band around the bezel area appears to be rubber. (I say "bezel area" because there is no actual bezel)

The hands are luminous and there are some luminous dots around the outside of the face next to each hour marker. I have only occasionally had to resort to using the Indiglo feature. I mainly turn on the Indiglo just to enjoy the look of it.

The leather strap is good quality and is signed with the Expedition logo. The numerous little "holes" in the strap are actually tiny Expedition logos that have been stamped into the leather. A nice little detail. There are a good range of holes to fasten the buckle through. I quite often have to create a new hole as I have skinny wrists and I like my watches to fit snuggle and not to wiggle around. There was no need to do so with this strap. The buckle is square shaped and quite large, in typical Expedition style.

Time keeping is excellent. So far it has lost 1 second per week.
on 13 April 2011
I am very happy with this watch. It looks a lot better in life than in the picture. It is a very well built chunky watch with a nice size and weight. The quality appears to be excellent and the face is clear and uncluttered.

Setting is simple and the adjustment is positive with no play in the hands.

The leather strap is, as per usual with Timex, a really good leather band that is all stitched and not glued.

For the price you just won't do better.
on 3 March 2010
excellent watch.
back light is very effective
numbers on dial are mirrored
strap length is fine for large wrists
on 24 September 2011
I bought this watch a few weeks ago at an absolute bargain price.
It seems to go in and out of stock with Amazon themselves, but sometimes they have it in stock at almost half price.
Amazing watch for that price, very good watch at its regular price of around £[].

I also own the similar T49626 chronograph.

On balance I think this T49625 is not just the same watch - but without the chronograph, but something a little better than that.
Although the cases look superficially the same, this watch is actually quite a bit slimmer and a lot lighter than the chronograph version.
With its black face,white hour and minute hands and red second-hand its also more handsome in my opinion.
The Indiglo night light works very well.
The case can be popped off without special tools, making battery replacement easy; several water-proof watches require a special tool to be purchased or an expensive trip to the jewellers to do this.
Highly Recommended.
on 1 October 2011
This watch was bought by myself for my growing collection. I am very impressed with the build quality of it and would recomend this watch to anyone even if it had been more expensive. The photo does it very little justice and would make an excellent present.
on 30 May 2011
hi just to say what a great watch this is ,have had mine over a year now and wear it to work every day, being a plumber it gets some real stick and its still going strong, highly recomended cheers
on 5 March 2012
As other reviewers have said the photo doesn't do it justice and it looks much better in the flesh and looks like a much more expensive watch. Smart enough to wear to business meetings without being pretentious. Keeps good time which is afterall the main thing a watch should do. If you are looking for a no frills watch that works and looks good you won't find better at this price.
on 25 May 2012
I havent worn a watch for years, this is quite a chunky thing but sooo nice, I ware it very regularly but took a little while to get used to again.

A very simple stylish watch that looks good and for half price *(had to pre order and waited about 2.5 months for delivery for that price. you couldn't want for more.
on 12 November 2014
I bought this as I needed a cheap watch for work and sport which I would not worry about damaging.
Good solid watch for the price (I paid 50 quid for it).
However, what cheapens it is this loud ticking noise. Also, the indigo night light is a bit temperamental at times.
Despite these negative points I still would recommend.