5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent calming cd
Published on 2 Jan 2008 by Honeypie

2.0 out of 5 stars DVD
The DVD arrived on time and Price was reasonable but song number 12 sticks and does not play any further shame !!
Published 17 months ago by Stan Piechowicz

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent calming cd, 2 Jan 2008
This review is from: In The Night Garden ... A Musical Journey ... The Album (Audio CD)
My 14 month daughter absolutely adores this programme and received this cd for christmas. She is, and has always been, a difficult sleeper and is often hard to settle in her cot. When I play this cd she visibly calms down and it stops her crying almost instantly. A blessing for stressed mums and dads everywhere... and it isn't even that annoying to have to listen to either! Although come back and ask me that in a couple of months time and I might have changed my mind by then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure magic, 17 Feb 2008
Amazon Customer (Farnham, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
The programme is surely set to become as classic as Camberwick Green, Bagpuss, etc. The whole package is just perfect, lovely characters, visually beautiful and great music. The CD is brilliant - like an extended episode with all the familiar individual character songs, Derek Jacobi's lovely narration, the regular bits (intro/closing theme, the Tittifers, the dance number that they all do and choice bits from various episodes. My 18 month old son and I listen to it in the car all the time and he does the actions and loves joining in on the big dance number! And ok, I have to admit it - I have it on my iPod too ;) Absolutely charming - can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal drive time or bed time CD, 23 Nov 2007
sam155 (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
My son loves In The Night Garden and one of the things that first charmed me was the beautiful, gentle melodies that accompany the programme. There's a whimsical simplicty to even the opening bars of the programme which also serves as an excellent lullaby. This CD can help you and your child talk about the characters and remember favourite moments together. The music is gentle and your child will have fun being able to recognise each character's theme tune. This would be good background music to the bedtime reading books available too as well as handy for long car journeys.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem amongst alot of ITNG rubbish., 14 Jan 2009
A must for car journey angst, this was the best ITNG product we got for our daughter. We bought it specifically to listen to in the car as we often make 3 hour journeys down south. Rather than being a random collection of spot appearances by characters from ITNG, this musical CD takes you on a lovely journey around the whole night garden and has something of it's own story to it.

Our daughter is 18 months old, I don't know how enchanting this CD will be to a 3 or 4 year old... I guess I'll let you all know when we get there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Sep 2009
Mrs. T. Case (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This has to be one of the best things I have bought to entertain my 16 month old son. He loves In the Night Garden and we use it as part of our bath/bedtime routine. Although when its playing he does think that there is an episode on the tv! I would highly recommend this to anyone with little ITNG fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for ITNG fans, 14 Oct 2009
My 18 month old loves In The Night garden, and we play this on car journeys. A happy child makes a happy mum!

5.0 out of 5 stars Credit where it's due, a musical masterpiece, 6 July 2009
George Stevens (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
My two little 'uns love this - and you know what? So do I. Credit is due to Andrew Davenport as the music (and sound effects) are as good as anything aimed at adults (cf Amelie soundtrack, with similar unusual instrumentation). This is one kids soundtrack that doesn't irritate the hell out of you on the 3rd listen (in a row!), but instead allows you to notice different nuances on each listen.

Plus as other reviewers have pointed out - it keeps the kids quiet, a godsend in itself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Calming and Peaceful, 30 Jan 2009
In the night garden CD has a calming effect on my 22 month old daughter. Dare I say it but I have found myself zoning out to the music too. The CD is essentially an episode of in the night garden.
It does what it says on the tin, soothes and relaxes. Good for wind-down. I sometimes play the last few songs before bed time if things get a bit heated.

Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy!, 22 Nov 2009
L. Richards "lr09" (uk) - See all my reviews
My 1 year old absoloutly loves this, we listen to it at home and in the car. Its very soothing and includes all the rhymes from the program. very pleased with purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to 24x7 TV!, 4 Dec 2008
A. R. Billing (Berkshire) - See all my reviews
My 2 year old son has lately become completely ITNG obsessed, and this CD provides a great alternative to having the TV episodes on constant rotation. The music is really well composed, performed and produced, putting me in mind of some of the classical music I heard as a child such as Peter and the Wolf or Carnival of the Animals. There is narration and the theme tunes for each character so it's a little bit like listening to an episode, but with better opportunities for singing, dancing and moving around. My 2 year old loves this to bits and I find it pleasantly bearable!

In The Night Garden ... A Musical Journey ... The Album
In The Night Garden ... A Musical Journey ... The Album by Andrew Davenport (Audio CD - 2007)