Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 January 2008
My 14 month daughter absolutely adores this programme and received this cd for christmas. She is, and has always been, a difficult sleeper and is often hard to settle in her cot. When I play this cd she visibly calms down and it stops her crying almost instantly. A blessing for stressed mums and dads everywhere... and it isn't even that annoying to have to listen to either! Although come back and ask me that in a couple of months time and I might have changed my mind by then.
on 17 February 2008
The programme is surely set to become as classic as Camberwick Green, Bagpuss, etc. The whole package is just perfect, lovely characters, visually beautiful and great music. The CD is brilliant - like an extended episode with all the familiar individual character songs, Derek Jacobi's lovely narration, the regular bits (intro/closing theme, the Tittifers, the dance number that they all do and choice bits from various episodes. My 18 month old son and I listen to it in the car all the time and he does the actions and loves joining in on the big dance number! And ok, I have to admit it - I have it on my iPod too ;) Absolutely charming - can't recommend it enough.
My son loves In The Night Garden and one of the things that first charmed me was the beautiful, gentle melodies that accompany the programme. There's a whimsical simplicty to even the opening bars of the programme which also serves as an excellent lullaby. This CD can help you and your child talk about the characters and remember favourite moments together. The music is gentle and your child will have fun being able to recognise each character's theme tune. This would be good background music to the bedtime reading books available too as well as handy for long car journeys.
on 6 July 2009
My two little 'uns love this - and you know what? So do I. Credit is due to Andrew Davenport as the music (and sound effects) are as good as anything aimed at adults (cf Amelie soundtrack, with similar unusual instrumentation). This is one kids soundtrack that doesn't irritate the hell out of you on the 3rd listen (in a row!), but instead allows you to notice different nuances on each listen.

Plus as other reviewers have pointed out - it keeps the kids quiet, a godsend in itself!
on 14 September 2009
This has to be one of the best things I have bought to entertain my 16 month old son. He loves In the Night Garden and we use it as part of our bath/bedtime routine. Although when its playing he does think that there is an episode on the tv! I would highly recommend this to anyone with little ITNG fans.
on 30 January 2009
In the night garden CD has a calming effect on my 22 month old daughter. Dare I say it but I have found myself zoning out to the music too. The CD is essentially an episode of in the night garden.
It does what it says on the tin, soothes and relaxes. Good for wind-down. I sometimes play the last few songs before bed time if things get a bit heated.

Would recommend
on 19 September 2012
To us, this CD has been a life-saver! When my son was 18 months, he suddenly wouldn't go to sleep calmly on his own as previously. Four months of trying various methods left us all worn out, until one evening I decided to play the In The Night Garden CD instead of his usual calming music. That was the first night in four months he wasn't crying and calling for us, and one of us staying with him for the 45-60 minutes it took for him to fall asleep. I thought it was a fluke, but here we are, almost a month later, and he still snuggles up with his teddy as soon as the music starts, and is asleep within half an hour. I've taken out some of the more energetic songs and do find that the volume balance between the speech and the music is slightly off, but apart from that I can't praise it enough. I'm not sure if he would have enjoyed listening to it during the day, though, but as a sleeping tool it has been just the thing for us!
on 21 April 2010
I bought this CD for a long car journey with my little boy, who's coming up to 2 years old. He is a massive fan of Iggle Piggle & co and his eyes lit up at just the first few notes of the first track. He loved it. He listened avidly for as long as we would cope with it! The CD is not annoying as some kids' CDs are, but there is quite a bit of speaking (which is quiet), and music (which is loud), so you end up with ringing ears after a while from the bursts of music. We had to turn up the volume to hear the speaking parts, and couldn't keep turning it down again as we were driving! Maybe better for use in the home. Other than that though, a good purchase and I would well recommend it as it meant we had a few moments peace from entertaining him in the back seat!
on 14 October 2009
My 18 month old loves In The Night garden, and we play this on car journeys. A happy child makes a happy mum!
on 4 December 2008
My 2 year old son has lately become completely ITNG obsessed, and this CD provides a great alternative to having the TV episodes on constant rotation. The music is really well composed, performed and produced, putting me in mind of some of the classical music I heard as a child such as Peter and the Wolf or Carnival of the Animals. There is narration and the theme tunes for each character so it's a little bit like listening to an episode, but with better opportunities for singing, dancing and moving around. My 2 year old loves this to bits and I find it pleasantly bearable!