5.0 out of 5 stars Another 'Best Of', but still great
Well, after this year's 'Steve McQueen: Legacy Edition/Remastered & Expanded' I didn't think we'd hear of any more Sprout releases, but here we are with a 'Best Of'. Again.

Despite this, I'm still giving it 5 stars, but what a lot of Sprout fans would like to see is a 'B sides and rarities' compilation.

Is that too much to ask for after 3 'best of'...
Published on 29 Nov 2007 by Red Rob

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost Original Vibe
Careful with this one - they have obviously redone the tracks for this 'new' album but have lost the original feel of the songs with it.
V. dissapointed - so bought 'A Life Of Suprises' for original sound.
Published on 1 July 2009 by S. Templar

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 'Best Of', but still great, 29 Nov 2007
Red Rob "Red Rob" (Blackpool, Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kings of Rock 'n' Roll: The Best of Prefab Sprout (Audio CD)

Is that too much to ask for after 3 'best of' collections? I think not.

Get your finger out, Kichenware, or whoever is now responsible for Prefab Sprout's back catalogue.

Oh, and if you haven't got any Prefab Sprout albums, this is as good a place to start as any. You won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost Original Vibe, 1 July 2009
V. dissapointed - so bought 'A Life Of Suprises' for original sound.
Not only am I disappointed but am also annoyed as I feel I have been duped into buying this CD by the pretext of the title - 'The Best Of' Prefab Sprout. How can it be as the original songs have been recycled and so are not in their original form.
'When Love Breaks Down' is a case in point, one of the main reasons I have revisited Prefab Sprout and bought the CD - Playing it and realising it isn't in its original form I was not a happy bunny.
They should make it clear on the CD and literature that the songs on this album have been remade recently.
Sorry Prefab your production doesn't quite cut it like it used to.
Advice - If you want the original sound of their classic tracks buy one of the older albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prefab Sprout forever!, 18 Feb 2008
Bucarest (Barcelona, Catalonia) - See all my reviews
We Prefab Sprout fans don't need more anthologies! We claim for an album with new songs!!! Anyway, I appreciate this 'new' CD pays tribute to almost-hidden jewels like 'Nightingales' or 'Swans', and of course my rating only can be 5 stars, because Prefab Sprout is a 5 stars band in all the senses. But... Paddy, we miss you.

A Barcelona fan who's still perturbed by the Prefab Sprout concert en 1990 at the Palau d'Esports...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
top of the pile, brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back to my student days, 25 May 2014
T Hawkins "MaxandFredsmum" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Love this album, so many of the songs remind me of when I was a student. Happy memories. Songs sounds as good now as they did then. Forgot how sophisticated and original they were with their distinctive style.

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, 20 Dec 2007
I couldnt' rate this compilation less than five stars; but as the other guy says (which I agree word by word), why not release an album with b-sides, rarities, live shows...?
Do us a favour STOP RELEASING COMPILATIONS OF PS. Do you want me to pay a whole double cd for just one unknown song?. Don't count on me in spite of adoring the great PREFAB SPROUT.

regards

Please PADDY. Join again to offer us more wonderful and gorgoeus compositions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Half as much songs would have been better., 14 May 2010
Half as much songs would have been better. Still a nice CD to remember he "good old 80ies".
Silke

Kings of Rock 'n' Roll: The Best of Prefab Sprout
Kings of Rock 'n' Roll: The Best of Prefab Sprout by Prefab Sprout (Audio CD - 2007)