on 27 December 2007
This is the second version of ABBYY software that I have purchased and it does exactly what it says on the box.

My day to day business requires me to handle a lot of paperwork and emails, prior to using this software this was the most time consuming part of my business and a complete nightmare.

This new version of the ABBYY product is excellent and I am glad to report that the team has improved the software beyond my expectations. I handle alot of contracts, invoices and reports and have found that ABBYY can handle all of them. This new version now handles each contract as a whole which saves me invaluable time when negotiating and proof reading. The conversion speed from PDF to Word, Excel etc. is faster than any other software that I have used.

Managing the PDFs is so easy, i can search for files without even knowing the name of the file - the PDF can be searched using keywords - this is invaluable to me when I am being forgetful!

I have even found that my partner is using the software to scan paperwork to save on the PC before shredding - there are many features and functions for this software which have made my life so easy - I can't begin to tell you.
on 8 May 2009
In my job I have to create hundreds of presentations and to adapt material constantly. I find this latest ABBYY product is the perfect answer. Whenever I consider buying software there is always a slight niggle in the back of my mind as to what the fanfare blurb is NOT telling me and what it DOES NOT do!

I have to say that this is the exception to that rule and this really ticks all the boxes. It is really excellent! Thank you ABBYY, you have halved my preparation time.

I should also mention the fact that Fiona in the UK office could not have been more helpful during my product research period and answered all my questions in great detail.

That is the real icing on the cake, there is superb support for a superb product.
on 13 August 2009
I run the Hounslow Branch of the MS Society Newsletter. Sinice getting FineReader 8.0 Professional Edition three years ago, I can vouch for the quality of the product. It is a fantastic tool to help me with my volunteers work.
Also the support given by the Customer Support team was brilliant.
I recommend you gine ABBY fine reaer a try. You will not regret it.

Barry Nunn
on 15 September 2009
Found this software to be perfect. Works in all the languages I have needed to use it for and is much easier to use than other products like Omni.

For the price, you can't really go wrong on this one - saved me a fortune (and a lot of time saved).
on 30 July 2009
I have owned Abby FineReader for many years, and recently upgraded to the latest edition. As a professional translator I require the documents that I translate to be in editable form - usually a Word file. Clients often are unable to provide this - so I use Abbey FineReader to make my file.
I don't need page-perfect representation, just text.
Abby can cope with most formats - even faint faxed documents (though these usually need a bit of editing after the OCR process).
A certain amount of "tidying" is required, but on the whole the amount of time and work saved by the software pays for the cost many times over.
It is a valuable resource in my toolbox of software for translators.
on 23 June 2009
This software is just the ticket easy to use and this is the second version I have purchased easy to use and great techinal support if any problems occur.

The software has a easy to use wizzard for common tasks very good reconision on text inport into word save a lot of time and effort.

Highly reccomend this software

David
Hampshire
on 30 July 2009
I am using the software and i like it.
It is very accurate.

The minus is from the service from Amazon that in spite of a fast deliver was not able to refund me of the VAT that being from an enterprise in europe should not be payed. I have sent what they have requested but i got no answer.
on 30 July 2009
Although more expensive than some of the competition, (ignoring the high-end readers), this product is really worth the money. Extremely accurate and easy to use.
on 22 June 2015
installed ok very good bit of kit thanks