5.0 out of 5 stars Scary!
Published on 13 Jan 2009 by K. Robinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't really go with this
After reading quite a few books on Exorcisms, I have come to the conclusion that nothing comes even close to Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin.

Published on 10 May 2010 by Lotus

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't really go with this, 10 May 2010

I could not get on with The Dark Sacrament at all, the majority of the stories were more about hauntings than actual possessions, to be honest I was bored. Beings appearing in what I perceived to be in the physical, doors opening and closing, things moving about, all these happenings were commonplace in nearly all the stories. All I can say is it is a damn good job that beings suddenly appearing in the physical are not commonplace or we would all be in peril!

A few things bothered me too, one was how come the Church are forever going on about how dangerous it is to use Mediums and yet one of the stories involved one of the Priests using one! Oh, they got round it by saying this person had the gift of Discernment, but when all was said and done, the person was a Medium and did what other mediumistic people can do.

I was also baffled how in the story that is still ongoing, the boy was sent away and told to say prayers every day. I thought possessed people were unable to say prayers and if he was not quite possessed at that point, bit risky I thought, to trust that he would say his prayers to keep the spirt at bay, yes or no?? Ironically, that same boy is in a dire position now and no longer wants any exorcism at all, cannot bear anything sacred and things are extremely dangerous for him in my opinion. Seeing as to how an exorcism cannot be given unless the permission of the afflicted is obtained, this case looks as if it will never be solved. Shame really, because the chance was at the beginning, now it looks like it is too late.

2.0 out of 5 stars Novel?, 23 Nov 2012
If I had known that it read like a novel, I wouldn't have purchased this book. I'm not particularly interested in the 'insights' of the authors... just the facts and evidence of those facts. This book could've been 150 pages long without the waffle!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book gives overview of deliverance ministry, 6 April 2009
A sound, well thought out description of the work of deliverance (exorcism) in today's church. It answers many critics who claim that the ministry is outdated, unused or inappropriate in this so-called 'scientific' age, and those who work in deliverance will be delighted to see their own arguments so well presented.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary!, 13 Jan 2009
K. Robinson (uk) - See all my reviews
Just recently got this book as im intrested in anything paranormal/supernatural.I would advise anyone not to read this whilst settling down for the nite,it'll scare the hell out of you,i had all the lights on just to go the toilet and didnt get to sleep until the early hours and was hanging on to my partner most of the nite lol,its really gets you thinking,its frightening knowing that this is all fact and really happend.Believe the reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Demonic possession, 14 Jan 2008
Agphillips (England) - See all my reviews
As a Catholic Demonologist,I found this book,The Dark Sacrament, a very good read.
When writing a book of this sort it is difficult to disguise people and places but the authors have done a good job, truly not a book to read alone at night if you are at all nervous, it is definately a book to keep on my bookshelf,excellent!
A.G.Phillips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Oct 2007
Really could not put this book down. It reminds me of Malachi Martin's Hostage to the Devil. Very good narratives in this book with very interesting conclusions. Definately not one for the nervous reader!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Insight, 23 Aug 2013
Great book written by experienced and open authors. Insight and frightening stories that educate and warn of what can go wrong without guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the scaredy cat, 2 Jan 2012
I can personally attest to the credibility of this book (no matter how 'incredible' this may sound to some) as I have had to contend with quite a few bone-chilling [paranormal] encounters over the years (was immersed into occult practices at the time)--though not as ghastly as those described in The Dark Sacrament, thanks Heavens.

Still, despite being fairly accustomed to unsavoury incidents of the kind, I would strongly advise any would-be reader, no matter how sceptical or supposedly blase s/he may feel on the subject, to follow the book cover warning, thus effectively refrain from reading the Dark Sacrament anywhere near bedtime, whether in company or not.

I definitely recommend this book to those who are not too easily terrified of the spirit realms et al, even to the cartesian, atheistically-minded lot who may still enjoy and benefit from the ride, at the very least.

Refreshingly so, the Dark Sacrament was not written by sensationalistic & propagandistic fundamentalists, as has sometimes/often been the case with such stories so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary, 30 Jan 2010
I found it a gripping read and read it in 2 days but it really frightened me. I would recommend this book however as it is a good read just don't read it alone!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute must read!!!, 9 Nov 2009
I couldn't put this book down! A thrilling and scary ride into the demonic. It is a book i could read over and over, don't hesitate, BUY IT!

ARRAY(0xaec2da50)