4.0 out of 5 stars They do break, but just about worth it.
Published on 26 Dec 2008 by Mr. P. J. Thorne

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother
Imagine my excitement when I handed over £1200 in the shop, anticipating that I would get £1200 worth of shiny new sex appeal computing power. When I took it out of the box I wasn't dissappointed the Vaio looks great.
Then I turned it on and a swear a big doom filled cloud drifted over me.
The performance of this machine has a lot to be desired, boot up takes...
Published on 1 May 2009 by Rob Daniel

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother, 1 May 2009
This review is from: Sony Vaio TZ21WN/B Notebook Core 2 Duo (U7500) 1.06GHz 2048MB (1x2048MB) 100GB 11.1 inch WXGA TFT DVD±RW DL/RAM Web Cam Modem LAN WLAN BT Vista Business (GMA 950) - Black
Then I turned it on and a swear a big doom filled cloud drifted over me.
The performance of this machine has a lot to be desired, boot up takes eons, applications regularly freeze. Your friends will laugh- especially if they have a mactop.
The basic problem is that this machine is simply not powerful enough to deal with the mother of all rubbish products- Microsoft Vista. Sony should have known better.
But the problems don't end there- the service you will get from Sony when things don't work on your new dream machine makes a trip down to the local tax office seem like a day at the fair.
One joker in the call centre actually told me that the fact that the overheating power pack was burning my legs was not a problem because this particular machine is a notebook not a laptop.
Needless to say I do not advise you spend your hard earned money on this lemon, but I will actually go further and say don't bother with any sony product, unless you like arguing with badly informed, bored and underpaid call centre employees who think it is their duty to deny everything (I didn't have the patience to ask what they thought about evolution but I suspect that I know the answer)

4.0 out of 5 stars They do break, but just about worth it., 26 Dec 2008
Mr. P. J. Thorne "Patrick" (Scottish Highlands) - See all my reviews
They do break, I'm on a three year old machine now that has broken twice. But they're SO GOOD otherwise. Quite funny to see Bond using one after I got my first - he must get through two or three a day with his life style. But then money is no object. Anyway I'm going to keep buying ythem as they have transformed my work life - battery life exceptional, work beautifully and don't do your back in, and they currently have a three year warranty included so Sony are obvously wise to it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - but will break !!!, 19 July 2008
I have had 2 of these little via laptops....and they are brilliant for a portable traveller......

EXCEPT !!!!

after about 18 months or in the case of the 2nd one just after 2 years, (basically when the warranty runs out).....they will break/stop working ! Sony will charge you an arm and a leg - in the case of the last one they wanted £900 to repair it !! (so total cost of ownership for 2 years would have been £1600.00 plus £900.00 = £2,500.00 !!!!)

Can you afford £2500 for a laptop ??

I shall never purchase a SONY laptop again. They are designed to just last a year and then they want you to purchase a new one as they make the repair costs so expensive

I have now gone back to thinkpads....you know you are getting build quality

You have been warned

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Vaio Vgn TZ21WNB, 22 Jun 2012
Only one can truly be considered ultraportable. The Sony VAIO VGN-TZ21WN weighs just 1.2kg thanks to its carbon-fibre lid, and at its widest point is just 30mm thick. Add to this a battery capable of lasting nearly seven hours under light use, and it's clear the Sony is in a league of its own.

The petite frame leaves room for only an 11.1in display, but its vivid colours and 1,366 x 768 resolution make it just as usable as the larger models here. The feel of the keyboard split opinion in the Labs, but it's sensibly laid out and the separated-key styling adds to the overall appeal. A VGA webcam faces you from above the screen, a fingerprint reader sits between the mouse buttons, and there's a TPM 1.2 chip for security.

And while the Sony website may give the TZ series the label of "exquisite mobility, extravagant performance", a benchmark score of 2.0 shows just how little you can expect from the low-power Core 2 Duo U7500, despite 2GB of RAM. That said, we still found it nippy in use.

And raw speed isn't the point. It's a feather-light, thin notebook with an integrated DVD writer and a 100GB hard disk, and if that's what you're after you won't be put off by the lack of processing muscle. Entertainment isn't ignored, either: the InstantON AV mode lets you play music and video without Windows to save power.

It isn't short on connections, with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FireWire and an ExpressCard/34 slot. There's even a built-in 3G adapter, giving internet access wherever there's phone reception. The single-year return-to-base warranty is disappointing and there's no denying it's expensive, but such portability comes at a premium that many are willing to pay.

I like everything about it i dont care what outher pepole have said about it.It does what i want it to do and im happy with it.