4.0 out of 5 stars steering wheel and pedals logic 3
works well on ps2 but not so good on pc (hard to calibrate it properly)
gear lever on wrong side for the uk but ok after you get used to it
could do with better suction cups to hold it steady
overall good
Published on 1 Jan 2008 by billie

2.0 out of 5 stars do not get for ps3
If you are loking to buy this wheel for the ps3 please avoid it.
the response time is appauling and it has a very large dead zone (you have to turn it about 15 degrees either way before it does anything)

Published on 8 April 2008 by Adam Robinson

4.0 out of 5 stars steering wheel and pedals logic 3, 1 Jan 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Logic3 Red Steering Wheel and Pedals (PC/PS2/PS3) (Accessory)
works well on ps2 but not so good on pc (hard to calibrate it properly)
gear lever on wrong side for the uk but ok after you get used to it
could do with better suction cups to hold it steady
overall good

2.0 out of 5 stars do not get for ps3, 8 April 2008
Adam Robinson (dorset, england) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
If you are loking to buy this wheel for the ps3 please avoid it.

the wheel itself isnt that bad as far as looks and feel go... until you turn the wheel. at which point you find that there isnt a very strong resistance. it feels durable and looks quite good, also the suction cups on the bottom are much better than i have found on any wheel i have tried so far.

it works slightly better on pc. the dead zone isn't as big but there is a downside. the paddle gears are configured to the same button as the pedals so you cant change gears with them unless you want to do so with the pedals as well.(the same goes for the ps3 and presumably the ps2 as well, although i havent tried this yet)
I didnt get any vibration feedback from the pc even though it says you should from pc and ps2. (not ps3 for some reason, maybe because there wernt rumble controllers when this was produced)

summary: bad for ps3, usable on pc

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, 7 Jan 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This wheel is great for the money.

I have only used this on the PS3, to play Gran Turismo 5, but can honestly say that it has bought the game to life for me. Sure there is a tiny dead zone in the wheel, but for 30 quid (which is what i paid for it) its ace. Nice size, realistically responsive when put on appropriate sensitivity (adjustable to three levels), and buttons are freely configurable to do what you want them to depending on what game your playing (have read this in the manual, not configuation required for GT%, just plug in, Turn on console and play!).

For a cheap wheel, with gear stick (up & down shift) and pedals you cant go wrong with this. Vibration feedback is great too, with differing levels of vibration depending on what is being fed back from game.

Reasons for 4 star rather than 5, or 3 are:

Pros:
Very affordable, for the casual driving game player who wants to add more immersion to driving games; Great wheel, immersive vibration feedback and very responsive grear stick, wheel (beyond VERY slight dead zone)and pedals; works for PC. PS£ & PS2; Quality feel and build quality. Exceeds what i expected for the cost and has made GT5 totally addictive!

Cons:
Real shame is tiny dead zone, but hardly noticable when playing; spring to return to center is quite strong, so when passing mid point can be a bit clunky.

Hope this helps you decide on purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright overall, 7 Aug 2009
Mrs. J. L. Blake (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my son about a year ago, he has written this review:
I use it fairly heavily, a few hours per week. The most annoying thing is that on computer at least, the gear paddles only function as the throttle/brake in conjunction with the peddles. After a few months, the steering motion began to get twitchy, it was annoying but it was still usable. The twitchy steering got steadily worse and now going in a strait line is a challenge, this makes it mostly suitable for rally games or games with no sections that require small movements or straits. This week I was using it normally, I braked heavily only to find the the pedal snapped off.
Overall, for the price the product is pretty good value and would recommend for anyone looking for a cheap setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am confused..., 6 July 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this steering wheel for Windows 7. It works fine, installs in seconds. I don't understand why people call it cheap and badly made I have been playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 with absolutely no issues. Dirt 3 also works fine. Buy this steering wheel, I assume the people who are saying the gear stick/Gear shift paddles break easily are just being to heavy handed. I was pulling fairly hard as if you would in a real car, no issues for me, same with the gear stick. This is a good item it works fine, ignore the people who say different, look after your product and you will have no issues. Anyway, it works very well pedals and steering wheel feel very good, work absolutely perfectly in game. The suction pads on the bottom work perfectly and I have had no issues with the steering wheel moving while using. I am very impressed with my purchases, why are you still reading, go buy it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst piece of hardware I've ever bought., 3 Jun 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I've always wanted a steering wheel to use with my driving games. I spotted the Logic3 Topdrive GT on the high street, retailing at £50. I felt that price was too steep for a wheel of this brand so didn't buy it, until I found it online for £30 with free delivery.

I had a few concerns when placing the order about the brand, although I've never used their products in the past I had a bad feeling. When the wheel arrived I just couldn't wait to try it with OMSI (German bus simulator) instead of the 11 year old joystick I used before. The wheel has suction pads to hold it to the desk, which work pretty well, although if you force it too much it can slide around. The pedals on the other hand slide around on the floor too easily.

I set up the controls in the simulator, and set the indicators to the paddle switches. It quickly became apparent the right paddle switch was faulty. Very rarely it would work when pressed hard. The other one would press by itself for no reason. Not a huge problem I thought, as there are more buttons that do the same thing on the wheel. I continued with the game. The wheel doesn't go round much, but I felt in full control of the bus and the rubberised grip did feel nice. The rumble feature felt really powerful. The pedals were fine apart from sliding on the floor. The gear lever and the paddle switches however make an awful tacky click sound.

But something was going really wrong in the game. I would drive down the road, and hear a crashing sound, and the bus would literally turn on the spot and face the other way. I made sure I wasn't colliding with AI vehicles, or crashing into objects but the problem kept happening. The next day, I left the bus in neutral and watched from the cabview very carefully. It was a revelation. At random irregular intervals, the game would sense that the right pedal was being tapped when it was't, and the steering was turning fully when it wasn't, all for a split-second. If it wasn't for the hiss of the brakes I would never have noticed. But from the outside view, the front wheels of the bus were clearly twitching to full steering lock occasionally.

I tried another game, this time UK Truck Simulator, then Euro Truck Simulator and 18 Wheels of Steel Haulin. Driving fast down the motorway I heard the revs drop slightly, and saw the steering wheel move fully. Unlike the bus sim, this didn't cause an immediate crash but put the truck off course a bit. I also noticed I just couldn't maintain position on the road, and certainly couldn't reverse the truck with a trailer attached. I never had any issues with driving with a joystick though.

I disconnected the wheel from my PC and connected it to my PS2 and played Gran Turismo 3, a game which I'm familiar with and achieved 100% completion in. I couldn't maintain a straight line, let alone take corners using the wheel, no matter what steering sensitivity option I selected on the wheel (there are 3).

Because of the faults, I returned the wheel and asked for a replacement. When I received the new wheel I was too scared to open the box because I knew what was going to happen. But I had to eventually. I was pleased that all buttons did work this time, but the left paddle switch is loose and could be pulled out. I tried it with OMSI, and UK Truck Simulator, the left indicator (which I mapped to the left paddle switch) would randomly trigger in-game without me pressing it, just like the first steering wheel did. I then crashed my lovely bus while driving in a straight line down a representation of a German road, without doing anything. I loaded the truck game, and observed the steering go to full lock without me turning it. Although not as bad as the first wheel, make no mistake, this is BAD.

Whether one wants to race with people online, against the computer, or just go for a relaxing cruise, nobody, and I mean nobody should have to put up with this pathetic excuse of a steering wheel, a waste of the Earth's resources. How frustrated would you feel if you were driving down the final straight, in pole position and the car skidded for no reason and crashed? That's what would happen if I played racing games instead of large vehicle simulators, and is quite unacceptable.

I just can't be bothered to pay out of my pocket again to send it back just to get another wheel with the same fault. I'm pleased I didn't spend that much on this piece of rubbish. I will be taking ithis issue up with the manufacturer, Logic 3, who have wasted my valuabe time, and money.

I will probably have to dispose of the wheel and buy a better more expensive one from a brand I trust, e.g. Thrustmaster who made the joystick that has given me 11 years of trouble-free use.

Whether you're a serious racer or like simulations, this steering wheel is unacceptable and rubbish. Don't make the mistake I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Build quality OK - major flaw in design though, 27 July 2011
Mr. A. Spencer (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The most annoying part of this controller is something that should have been picked up in testing. You have to turn the controller almost 10 degrees before anything happens in game. When you are trying to correct oversteer and stick to a narrow racing line this makes your life much harder - so you are concentrating on the wheel and not the game.

It might be OK for rallying, but it should be avoided for F1 games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 9 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This Logic3 Red Steering Wheel and Pedals (PC/PS2/PS3) is a very good quality and robust product, i also like how sensitive it is and how easy it is to set up on the ps3. I would defently recomend this to my friends!

thankyou for the good service Amazon

Tommy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 11 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
iv played with this for a few hours now, and i can honestly say its a brilliant purchase, its well worth the £30 im not sure what the other people where expecting for £30 but it works beautifully, no problems with it at all, five stars from me

2.0 out of 5 stars GT5 Issues...., 7 Feb 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this for xmas to play with GT5 on my PS3. At first all seemed fine, until i went online and raced karts with a mate....he was much faster than i was and it came down to the accelerator pedal not delivering full power. The pedal is down as far as it can go, but only gives about 75-80% throttle! This obviously is useless if you are racing people online.
After about 2 weeks, the steering response just stopped randomly and the throttle wouldn't even go to 1%. Unplugging the wheel and trying again sometimes worked but not always.
The build of the wheel is ok for the price, but it is a bit weak and feels like the wheel will break out of the casing fairly quickly (and i'm always careful with any of my tech!). It looks nice and the feel of the resistance is pretty good too.

Overall, it's not recommended for PS3 & GT5, but seemed to be ok on my PC with GTR2. A good budget wheel but has issues!

Logic3 Red Steering Wheel and Pedals (PC/PS2/PS3)
Logic3 Red Steering Wheel and Pedals (PC/PS2/PS3) by Logic 3 (PlayStation 3, PlayStation2, Windows 2000)
Out of stock