Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: CLASSIC|Change
Price:£5.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 July 2012
Well someone walked off with my desoldering pump from years ago and I was kind of shocked at the current prices of a replacement in the high street. I saw this one at a low price with the word "aluminium" which sounded like my old one which was indeed all aluminium (solid cast or extruded tube) except for the tip, the release button and the plunger top. It was a nice solid tool.
Well I was kind of shocked on openinig the packet as this one does include some aluminium but only in the piston cylinder section which is as thin as it can be to save costs, the part beyond the release button is thin blue plastic. Thin enough to be translucent and somewhat bendy. It was one of those "you get what you pay for" moments. but in fairness I have to say it works, it does desolder but it is not one I would bother looking for a replacement tip for. A disposable item at this price. I will not be upset if this one walks.
on 29 February 2012
Item was delivered in only a few days after making the order by Royal Mail. The item is of good quality for the price paid. It has an aluminium outer casing which I prefer over the plastic casing types. It has good suction. As they say, it does exactly what it is meant to do. I'm very pleased with my purchase
on 12 September 2011
This desoldering pump is exremely competitively priced and generates a good suck when the button is pressed. I'm very impressed.
on 5 April 2013
As I am just starting out in electronics I have yet to learn the proper technique to de-solder, so while this doesnt always work for me I feel its probably my technique rather than the product because when you get it right it works like a charm.

Theres plenty of suction if used on your skin so it has to be down to how its used.

Recommended
on 11 October 2012
This simple tool is well made with quality components. Nothing is over-engineered but the action is strong and precise. The plastic tip doesn't appear to be replaceable as in some more expensive models, however it is strong and shows no sign of being damaged when in contact with hot components or a soldering iron.
on 11 April 2013
I bought this item for one job knowing it would do it and anything else would be a bonus. The fact is that it is as good as any of its more expensive competitors if not better. To be fair it was the cheapest of the bunch but its simplicity means there is less to go wrong. It owes me nothing and works just fine.
on 28 May 2013
This doesn't suck, which in this case is a bad thing.
To get Solder off a commercially manufactured board, this is not the tool.
Ionly used it once.
When the solder was hot enough for this device to work, the plastic tip was showing signs of melting
on 17 July 2015
It sprang apart the first time I used it, but having tightened it up it has stayed together so far. It works well, but I am not sure how long the very fine thread will stand up. However, it was cheap!
on 20 February 2013
Came super quick day/two earlier than estimated great product! would defiantly recommend to others! Just one things Didn't get the color in the picture!
on 21 February 2015
This tool is easy to use and works well. The design of the plunger that is operated by the thumb ensure a good seating for the thumb.
Satidfied.