on 11 March 2014
This bag is brilliant, I recently ordered one as couldn't afford the more expensive brands such as north face. However the bag isn't As shiny as it is in the picture, it is more of a Matt finish. It looks exactly the same as the north face ones, and made out of the same material. Backpack straps are comfy when carrying the bag a short distance, and are removable.
They are at a very affordable price and of good quality. I don't see the point of buying the expensive brands, when you could get this
on 1 July 2009
Great item as described, looks like a heavy duty bag and will fit much more than anticipated as it is round at the bottom and allows expansion. Looks much better in real life than in the pics, it isn't a shiny red plastic material, its matte in real life and hard wearing.
Shoulder straps work great, and the compression straps keep things in check.
Only reason for not having 5 stars, is that I like a small side/front pocket to keep important things in, and whilst there is a mesh in the lid to contain things, one with easier access would be better.
Highly Recommended!
on 19 October 2011
I bought this bag to go to Everest Base Camp (with porters) and it worked perfectly. It was a brilliant value alternative to some other more expensive options. The bag very secure, waterproof and had a very sturdy zip. One minor concern was that the ruckstrap straps ripped a little as soon as I used them. This may have been just the tacked stiches but it was a little concerning as I hadn't started my trip yet. However, all the straps held fast throughout the journey. As a result, I wouldn't pack the bag with more than 20kgs. Fully recommend this bag.
on 14 November 2014
I own the 65/90 & 120L versions of this bag, they are amazing. I have Own used and abused these. they have gone all over the world, been dragged over glass. overloaded, Crushed, been on boats, Covered in Water, Rained on, had waves breaked on them. None of the Straps have broken or loosened even with the weight of a person or a load of bricks in them. I have carried them on my back, thrown them around. walked km with it laden. they are amazing. Even when I took it to ridicules levels.

I flew with the straps on the outside and they didn't break or snag on the flights. They stow to nothing. dragged over broken glass, thrown onto on a rusty dock side nail and not penetrated the skin. for waterproof they are very good, the plastic covers the seals but the zips are not waterproof saying that the bags have all but been fully submerged in water on boats and I have never seen any signs of water ingress.

they collapse to nothing. compress easily. Brilliant for throwing in back and pilling stuff onto.

they have never let me down, even brought and ordered these for people I work with as they liked mine so much. so cheap yet so good. you can pay a lot more money and not get something as good as these.

Enjoy and happy Adventures
on 21 February 2013
I was concerned about Gelerts very old reputation for equipment that is of basic value. However, they have come a long way since then and it's as if its a different company altogether. I was really pleased with the high quality of this bag. I have a North Face bag of the same style and colour and the only difference between the two is the badging! Except the North Face is three times the price. Gelert have really got it right. If you're concerned about whether the quality will be good enough . . stop worrying! Buy it now! You'll not be disappointed.
It's hard wearing, I've dragged my bag across half of Africa, through Namibia and underneath Victoria Falls. It's admittedly a bit scratched and scrubbed but the seams have held up and it's still in brilliant condition. I can't give it a better recommendation than that. Go for it! You'll br pleased with the value you get and the money you save.
on 1 May 2013
I think another reviewer suggested that you should not be put off by the Gelert branding. This is a very sturdy and well constructed bag. I'm very pleased with mine and intend to purchase the larger one too.
on 14 April 2014
This bag is great.

Very sturdy and well made. Great material that is thick and durable.

Some of the larger bags of this type are just too heavy when packed to be practical for moving around, but this is a good size, light and spacious.

I like that the bag doesn't have too many compartments because I always get frustrated when I have to root around opening pockets and zips to find where I have put something. I intend to use this bag every weekend and being able to throw everything in to one compartment and then get up and go is perfect.

Great bag and remarkable price with apparently no catch! - Get one!
on 23 May 2014
Good and strong fabric, similar product to "famous brand one" for less than a third of the price, very good quality and convinient to use.
I bought two, one for me and one for my wife. The second order has been placed 4 days after the first one.
Both bags arrived at the same time in two packages 14 days after order (which is within the 3 weeks delivery time. This can seem long but i was warned when placing the order).
on 21 July 2014
Straps broke on the bag after a matter of a couple months, despite the fact I hadn't any excessive weight in it or used it all that much at all. The stitching holding it together isn't very good and the shoulder straps just came apart when I lifted the bag up. I was originally delighted with my purchase because it was brilliant as a waterproof bag and kept my clothes dry while out on the boat.
on 28 April 2014
I ordered this product for a trek, thinking it would be perfect after reading the reviews. It may still be a perfect bag... but I wouldn't know as despite ordering the bag on the 28th March I still haven't received it a month later! The "latest" date should have been last Thursday which at 3 weeks would still have been longer than it took for me to get my brand new car.. but it is now 4 days past the "latest" date and still no bag.... very disappointed. If it doesnt arrive in the next couple of days I will have to buy another one from elsewhere before my trek this weekend leaving me out of pocket until I can try to get a refund. Dont order from here if you need your bag this side of Christmas.....

UPDATE -
After contacting CamoOutdoor to find out where my bag was they sent me an email yesterday 29th April to inform me they had contacted Royal Mail who could not locate it. They offered to either resend another bag which would take 4 - 5 days to deliver or give a full refund. As I need the bag in 2 days resending is of no use so I requested a full refund. I then received a seond email today 30th April to say they had already resent the bag so could not refund and it would be with me in 4 - 5 days. What the ...... why offer a refund if you have no intention of giving it? Why resend me the bag when I specifically told them I did not want it as it would be too late? Needless to say my response to them was a little more choice than my original mails. I wait to see what they have to say.

AGAIN - DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!

See one answered question