Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 June 2009
I'm not a current metal fan. I like drum'n'bass and dubstep!
So what on earth am I doing listening to Godsmack??
I'm from a time back in the day with Pearl Jam, Therapy, Guns'n'Roses, Metallica, etc. and haven't heard any decent metal since.
Then heard of this band, saw album.. bought it!
Vocals: gritty; drums: awesome; harmony: powerful!
No regrets. All good.
I confess that I was curious to eventually check out Good Times, Bad Times: Ten Years of Godsmack by Godsmack after my husband came up to me and was singing part of the lyrics to Voodoo by Godsmack. Previously, I had also heard of the group from hearing their song Stand Alone back in 2002 (it was featured at the end of the Scorpion King movie. Additionally, I started to hear more songs by Godsmack after hearing their music played at one of the Florida alternative rock radio stations near the Mayport Naval Base (I resided there from Feb. 2005 until Feb. 2008) I asked my husband if he was ok after radonmly humming Voodoo, and he reassured me that he was, it was just for some reason he felt like humming Voodoo by Godsmack after the song was in his head. Naturally, buying this cd felt like a fun thing to do, with my husband being able to listen to this cd (since hard rock is one of the music genres that he enjoys). Whatever, Voodoo, Stand Alone (featured on the Scorpion King starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson), and Serenity are some of the multiple good songs featured on Good Times, Bad Times: Ten Years of Godsmack.
on 2 July 2012
WOW! Pretty much the only reason I bought this is because I wanted the 'Evening with Godsmack' dvd that came with it.

Wowwowwow! There are hardly words to describe this. With this dvd Godsmack proves that they are more, much more
than just headbanging rockers. The vibe they set is amazing. Trippin' was never a favorite of mine until I heard the acoustic version!
Sully Erna's voice is so much more prominent when they play acoustic and since I'm a huge fan of his voice I was
completely smitten with this performance. Shannon Larkin is just a pleasure to watch in his unique style of
drumming.

The sound of the twelve string on 'Serenity' is just mindblowing and it's amazing what Tony Rombola can pull out of a guitar.

There's also a little version of Batalla de los Tambores on this one and it's just phenomenal to watch.
You can really see that the guys are having a fantastic time on this show.

Reefer headed Woman with John Cosco is a GEM! and You're not a real Godsmack fan if you do not have this in your collection.
on 3 November 2009
Great value CD and DVD! And for me the DVD was as suprise has I bought it thinking it was only a one CD album!
I always liked the rythmn and beat of the godsmack songs that played on the radio and, as a first album from them, I doubt I could have done a better pick. From "I Stand Alone" to "Serenity" it's all the range of awesome godsmack songs in only 1 CD..... and DVD!
on 9 December 2015
Didn't get into Godsmack until Download this year, so this is great retrospective
on 19 December 2014
quick delivery just as described thank you
on 28 January 2016
Fantastic compilation from a great band.
on 7 January 2015
V.good. Great service.
on 22 February 2015
fantastic
on 22 April 2013
I really wanted to love this compilation, but found it lacking: I love the band, but being honest I'd beg a newcomer to listen to The Oracle if they want to hear Godsmack at their best. This is certainly not a bad album, but to me it wouldn't win any new fans over.