5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Set Of Classic Episodes, 19 Dec 2007
This review is from: Thundercats : Series 1 Volume 2 (6 Disc Box Set) (DVD)
I bought this due to the nostalgia factor surrounding it. I only have vague memories of the first few episodes a long, long time ago. I do, however, remember that I loved it. So, I was very surprised to find "Season 1, Volume 1" on DVD in HMV earlier this year. Having bought it I really enjoyed it, despite the occasional bum episode ("The Terror of Hammerhand" anyone?). 7 Months down the line and we finally get the continuation of the first season and boy, has it been worth the wait!

There are only one or two below average episodes this time around ("Mumm-Rana" is just insulting!) and even they are at least a little enjoyable. The storylines are as fantastic as ever and the characters are all full of life (even dear old Snarf, who everyone really wants pushed off a cliff). The villains are all horribly well thought out and there is still something rather unsettling about Mumm-Ra's cackle. It's also frequently (and unintentionally) hilarious, such as when a distraught Panthro screams: "And get your foot off that blasted Samoflange!" at an equally mortified Snarf.

As for DVD extras, last time around, we got a fairly rubbish fan documentary about the Thundercats. This time we are blessed with an interesting in-depth "making of" account of turning Thundercats into a pop culture phenomenon which includes interviews with the creators and cast members as well as some of the (now infamous) outtakes from the show.

Probably the biggest attraction of all though is the five part story of the trials of Liono, as the young Lord of the Thundercats has to prove hiself worthy of the title by completing five tasks, the first four involving him fighting each of the Thundercats in turn, and the final task seeing him engaged in an epic one-on-one duel with Mumm-Ra to the death!

All in all, this is a fantastic package that is definitely worth the money. Buy it for your kids (assuming you have any... and if so, watch it with them), or buy it for yourself if your feeling nostalgic. Just don't watch it all at once, as the next set (Season 2, Part 1) doesn't come out until the 14th April 08. Until then, THUNDERCATS HO!!!

UPDATE: The final two sets are now out and it just gets better and better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thunder thunder thunder thunder...., 17 Jun 2008
L. J. Pugh "Morning View" (Guernsey, C I) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thundercats : Series 1 Volume 2 (6 Disc Box Set) (DVD)
I love the thundercats - the series 1 boxsets were quite possibly the best 21st birthday pressies I could have ever got! I can't wait to get my hands on the 2nd series!

but does anyone else think it's weird that the Trials don't follow on after each other? One miute Lion-O is off in the wilderness doing the trails, and then he's back fighting a rock giant or whatever! That's my only qualm with this boxset, that the continuity is lacking slightly

having said that, if you're playing th Thunder-cats drinking game, you don't really care right?.... A shot everytime they say "HO!" and you're laughing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thundercats, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Thundercats : Series 1 Volume 2 (6 Disc Box Set) (DVD)
Great !!!!! 1st Class really great entertainment for all the family !!! would recommend to every one makes a great night in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it...., 1 May 2012
Dad "Just a DAD" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Thundercats : Series 1 Volume 2 (6 Disc Box Set) (DVD)
I have to say my kids love Thundercats, I bought it as I remembered how much I enjoyed them - both my boys and girl love this. They love to play thundercats in th egarden and with their friends.

This is sooooo much better than todays cartoons that is for sure - nobody die's, the good guys always win and the bad guys lose.

Compaired to cartoons like adventure time and gumball, Thundercats is really enjoyable.

I asked the kids what they like about it and they say its exciting and they can pretend to be Lion O or Tigra.

Great box set well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, 11 Jan 2012
G sidhu - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thundercats : Series 1 Volume 2 (6 Disc Box Set) (DVD)
I bought this for my 3 children age range 3-6. I remember watching this when I was a kid, and its just as good as I remember.

Kids love it also ......well worth it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sep 2014
great .

Thundercats : Series 1 Volume 2 (6 Disc Box Set)
Thundercats : Series 1 Volume 2 (6 Disc Box Set) by Arthur Rankin Jr. (DVD - 2008)