Colour Name: BlackChange

on 1 November 2011
I need a wrist rest when using my keyboard but got fed up with the fabric covered ones, which always end up frayed and mucky - unpleasant and unhygenic! This is an excellent size and shape, slightly curved and tapered at the ends so takes up less space than the fabric covered type. It provides just as much support, and it's prettier and has a wipe-clean surface which is helpful if you spill a drink or correction fluid. I really like it.
on 31 March 2011
Totally recommend this wrist rest. The crystal gel filled support actually has a cooling effect on the wrists whilst they rest. 10/10, love it
55 comments10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
A while ago, I bought a gaming laptop. I soon realised that they tend to get quite hot when the action steps up so I bought a laptop stand/cooler to help it stay cool.

This worked well but then I realised that it was really uncomfortable to actually use the laptop's keyboard for prolonged periods because my left arm was being raised about 2 inches from the table and my wrist was bending upwards more than normal. After a while this started to put pressure on my elbow joint.

I decided I needed an something to support my left forearm about half way between my elbow and my wrist. Whilst a regular cushion will work it is really too big for this purpose so after looking around on Amazon, I discovered the 'Fellowes Keyboard Wrist Support'.

It is about 18 inches long so it will work well for both arms while typing. It is firm and also sort of 'squishy' but never loses its shape. For me provides just the right amount of support to my left arm without being too firm or too soft. I noticed one critical review said it was smelly & sticky. Mine is neither. I have quite an acute sense of smell and I cannot smell anything even when I stick my nose right up to it.

The top of it is smooth so your arm(s) can move about without any friction but the bottom is flat so that it doesn't slide around during those frantic gaming moments.

I have had the wrist support for two years now and it is has not lost any firmness. On this basis, I expect it to last for many years to come. Some reviews have criticized the support for being too low. I think this is probably because the are using their laptop at something close to knee height when sitting (eg with a laptop on a coffee table). When you are using it at a desk where the keyboard will probably be somewhere between stomach and chest height, it is the correct thickness.

In my case in particular, as an arm support, it is perfect.
on 24 December 2010
Very comfortable wrist support. Cool to the touch when typing. Underside is non-slip. Doesn't move around at all. Stays where you put it. Highly recommended.
on 7 May 2011
It might be my expectations where too high, but I find it tiring for my wrists to use this product for a long time (I'm a writer and I use the keyboard a lot). Quality and make good though, price/value also good. Perfect for occasional use or full size detached keyboards (less so for laptops).
on 14 February 2012
Comfortable, always 'cool' to the touch and non-slip. Highly satisfied with the product.
It is easy to clean and actually quite smart.
on 25 November 2011
My wrists were aching using the laptop I have so I just needed something to raise my lazy wrists off the edge of the laptop. It does the trick. I didn't say is was designed for laptops but it works.
on 29 May 2013
Having been suffering with the symptoms of repetetive strain injury through lots of computer inputting I decided that I should take action and see if a keyboard wrist support woould help ease the pain. I looked at several types of supports and read the reviews. I finally decided on the Fellowes Crystal Gel Keyboard Wrist Support and have not looked back! It supports my wrists and/or forearms (depending on how I am feeling) and it has definitely helped eased the symptoms of RSI. It is also fun to play with when I am looking for inspiration (daily!). The gel inside also helps to keep my wrists cool when working. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of buying one.
on 14 November 2008
I bought this for work as I was getting pain in my arms from being on the computer for around 8hrs a day and I haven't had the pain since!

So I definitely recommend this item, along with it's matching mouse mat.
on 10 August 2013
I found this both too low and too narrow for my comfort - it says it's 3cm high, but it seemed less than half that. The description as 'black' is also misleading, as it's translucent, so on a light table it looked a pale grey. So not for me, but it's clearly a personal thing. The packaging has to be cut away to open it and try it out, so returning it (this was through a marketplace company) was a little more complicated.