Size: Pack of 50|Change

on 11 July 2010
A good range of colours and very soft (highly desirable in Oil Pastels).

There's no information about lightfastness so they should be treated as student quality rather than artist's quality.

Given the price this is a cracking little set, ideal for those new to Oil Pastels.

Oil Pastel isn't the easiest medium to use but with a little perseverance it can be very rewarding. I highly recommend this set as a good place to start.
22 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2010
Have previously bought the 24 Colour Set, but much greater choice of colour, they are so vivid when used. Great product. Excellent price and speed of delivery why buy elsewhere.
on 24 November 2010
A this price don't expect top quality oil pastles but for students on a budget or kids they're great. I have used these a couple of times already and they work really well. There are enough pastles in the pack to create any colour your mind can think off!
on 15 November 2015
I am currently doing A level art after achieving an A* at GCSE using these for my final exam, they are very good for building upon as they are a sticky texture compared to other oil pastels which I have used which have also been much more expensive! I'm extremely glad I have found this brand as they are such good quality for such a good price!! They are so good my school has changed what brand of oil pastel they sell after mine and other class mates recommendations :) below is an image with the oil pastels I have used in the past along with the Pentel oil pastels which I use now!
review image
on 20 February 2011
My daughter needed some oil pastels on a budget for her coursework and these are almost perfect. There is such a variety of colours and you would be hard pressed to find better for a similar price. The pastels are a small size so if you are looking for a thicker/larger pastel then these are not for you but I think for the price I would be quite happy to buy two packs to keep her going!
on 13 February 2012
I am a student in uni and don't really have to much money to spend on anything but food and memory cards (lol).
Anyway they are cheap but don't preform cheap at all and are great for mark making.
on 9 June 2012
I purchased this set of 25 pastels for my five year old. We have used them quite a lot - nice colours and they blend well. She says she feels like a 'real artist' :)
I didn't want to pay a lot for them as it really is just a tester/starter set for her. Fab price for around three pounds! Would definitely buy again.
on 23 July 2012
Delivery well within time guides.
This little set is good value for your money if your just starting out. I bought for my son in art as he has taken this as his subject and this set will be good as a starter.
If you need a quality finish this set is not for you and you should go up market a bit.
on 3 November 2015
Here are the pros and cons I noticed:

- soft to work with, no need to press hard, easy on the hands
- color blending is quite good, even better than some more expensive oil pastel brands
- even ordinary copy paper gets covered with color easily, though they work better on higher quality papers
- these oil pastels crumb more than artist grade oil pastels. While drawing, small bits of pastels fall on the paper and need to be regularly removed otherwise they can smear in unwanted places
- they have a peculiar smell which I breath inn as I draw, and after about half an hour I have a vague but odd taste in my mouth. This is the thing that concerns me about them, as they don't have any safety ratings like the artist grade oil pastels do.

If there was no smell issue I would have given them 5 stars as they are great value considering the price. They would have been ideal for my sketching and other preliminary work.
on 15 April 2011
After trying some other cheap brand oil pastels and not getting the blending i was after i was unsure about buying these at this price after using Sennelier which are the best you can buy but not cheap, well i was very surprised with these, blended really well, fabulous choice of colours and i was able to create a wonderful piece with them, if you are on a budget then these are the best for quantity and price..i used them on acrylic canvas paper (you can buy pads of it at WH Smith)and they worked well on this..i found water colour paper not as good too many bumps and left gaps, for blending i found blending stumps better than your finger as using your finger can get a bit sore..or try some thick paper towel..great bargain!!!
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse