4.0 out of 5 stars great price + product..sore for your bum though!
i bought this about 3 weeks ago, based on other reviews, the price + the fact it's the number 1 selling product in exercise bikes!

a lot of people on here have said it takes around to hours to put it together?! well i'm 22 and certainly no brainbox, but from taking all of the pieces out of the box and carrying them upstairs..it took me just under 1 hour to put...
Published on 18 July 2009 by B.Powell

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good but...
I found the Amazon reviews very helpful when purchasing this exercise bike. So I hope this review will be a valuable addition and I will update it if required. Firstly, I have only owned this YORK C101 CYCLE a few hours so we are still learning about each other. I bought it from Amazon (with the free delivery) and that service is 5 star - I think I ordered it yesterday...
Published on 8 Mar 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars YORK C101, 26 Sep 2009
Mr. I. Harvie - See all my reviews
This review is from: York C101 Cycle (Sports)
VERY GOOD BIKE - EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY. NO NEED TO BUY MORE EXPENSIVE MODELS WHEN THIS ONE PERFORMS THE SAME ROLE FOR LESS MONEY. VERY ROBUST BIKE WITH GOOD RESISTANCE LEVELS - AT LEAST AS GOOD AS BIKES I'VE USED IN PROFESSIONAL GYMS. ONE TIP - USE YOUR OWN ADJUSTABLE SPANNER FOR CONSTRUCTION RATHER THAN THE FIDDLY ONE PROVIDED BY SUPPLIER. OTHER THAN THIS MINOR GRIPE YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS BIKE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery of quality product, 26 Jun 2008
J. Bradburn (England) - See all my reviews
Prompt friendly delivery.

Cycle assembled in about 20 minutes. Instructions were easy to follow, and are the best I have seen in a long time.

The quality of the cycle is far beyond expectations and I cannot recommend it enough. At this price, I am sure that you will be very pleased indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, 7 Jun 2008
This review is from: York C101 Cycle (Sports)
Wasn't expecting much at this offer price but very pleasantly surprised. Easy to assemble, very solid and very good in use. At the full price this would have got 5 stars, at this price it is a steal.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good but......, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: York C101 Cycle (Sports)
Ok, after checking through the various reviews decided to plump for this one as it wasn't extortionate. Wanted a bike mainly for 3-5 sessions a week as at the grand old age of 35 the left knee won't jog anymore, the swine simply refuses. So went for express delivery and good as Amazon's word it came via dpd who were superb, (they text you the morning of your delivery with an hour window in which to expect it).

Easy enough to set up, instructions are certainly on the brief side but simple enough to do at leisurely pace in about 40 minutes and everything you need is included. So far so good but several of the pieces did look as if they'd maybe been used before (a returned item perhaps?) and then we come to the real problem. Bike worked fine but the tension level stayed at one .....yes the dial moved to eight and for a brief moment I thought I was some sort of advanced exercise biker but no the tension was buggered.

Called Amazon spoke to the very helpful Mike S, who emailed the relevant return labels to me and has said he's processed a refund so feel free to reorder .

Again bike comes via dpd again all as you'd expect (bike seems like new hurrah). This time the bike seems fine the tension goes to eight and is as it should be ....until that bloody knocking . Yes, like several other reviewers there's a definite noise (some say knock, some say graunch)which is worse the higher the tension !! After reading through my fellow knockees reviews went for the polystyrene
between the bar and main casing solution, seems to have done the trick but surely this should have been simple enough for the good people of York to rectify ?

Oh and as a further point Amazon for returns use Yodel (arrrgh I hear some of you cry, it's ok come back) who have a reputation Hitler would find galling. Pleased to report they did collect it on the day arranged but the collection window (between 7 chuffing am and 9 flipping pm) is taking the piss and I was the grand curtain twitcher of the north west as I tried not to miss it.

One last thing (i'm going, honest I have a life) Amazon have taken payment for the replacement but not as of yet refunded me for the original. Tsk !!

4.0 out of 5 stars No frills, no nonsense, very good value for money, 31 Dec 2009
Little Cat Voom (The middle of England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: York C101 Cycle (Sports)
As usual, Amazon offer the best price on the `net for this exercise bike. I didn`t want to pay silly money or have something that was actually just cheap and nasty, but this is easy to assemble, sustains my currently alarming weight of nearly 15st, has the essential data such as kilometres travelled, calories burned etc., and is as pleasing to the eye as it could be. No excuses now for letting the vice-like grip of sedentary middle age take hold!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bike!, 11 Sep 2009
S. Paget - See all my reviews
This review is from: York C101 Cycle (Sports)
I bought this exercise bike because of an unexpected knee op that caused more trouble! It arrived on New Year's Eve! I have now enjoyed almost 9 months of exercise with it! I use it daily, and now have built up flexibility and strength. Where would I be without it as for the first two months I was unable to do a full revolution?! Now I am up to 6 or 7 km at almost the steepest 'gradient'. Clear controls/panel. Am unable to fault.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 25 Nov 2010
This review is from: York C101 Cycle (Sports)
I ordered mine a week last Thursday and it was delivered the Saturday morning so I assembled it easy on Sunday morning. I give it 90 out of 100. It is nice and quiet, good range of loads and stable in use. It has enough seaddle height adjustment but the saddle mounting lets it down. A bike saddle should be set horizontal not nose up as mine is. A nose up saddle causes numbness in males and other problems in females. It would be so easy for York to fit a proper bracket at the top of the seat post so that a standard type saddle could be fitted. Men's saddles are long and thin and ladies saddles are shorter and wider because men and women have their seat bones in different positions. York please make an adaptor so that I can fit a proper saddle. Apart from that it is an excellent piece of kit and well worth the money. PS I used to own a bike shop!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy bit of fitness kit at a superb price, but beware the uncomfortable seat!, 21 July 2010
This review is from: York C101 Cycle (Sports)
After seeing my belly bulge in holiday snaps, this exercise bike was a panic buy. I'm really pleased with it.

It took less than half an hour to put together and feels like a really sturdy bit of kit. The monitor is very easy to read and has every function the beginner could want. Though I'm told these things are never very accurate, it is very sobering to discover that 10 minutes of cycling burns barely 100 calories - that's 1/3 of a Mars bar.

The saddle height and resistance control are very easy to change for varying builds and levels of fitness. My husband is 6'4" and very strong and fit, whilst I'm 5'3" and emphatically NOT fit, but both of us can use this machine effectively. My husband can get a very good cardio workout by turning up the resistance and cycling to time targets. I'm using the lowest resistance setting to avoid bulking up, and have already lost an inch around my middle after just ten days. Don't leave out the cool-down leg and abdominal stretches though - a personal trainer friend has drilled this into me, and it makes such a difference in eliminating aches and pains the next day (and therefore ensuring you get back on the bike).

I am apple shaped (spare tyre but skinny arms, legs and bum) and the seat on this is very hard and uncomfortable on my behind, to the point that I'm seriously looking for a replacement saddle. This is my only criticism though - and for the price, you really can't complain too loudly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best budget bike you can buy, 27 Aug 2009
Mr. T. Charles (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York C101 Cycle (Sports)
I looked for weeks for an exercise bike. Researched pretty much every type of home exercise bike there is. This bike is the best one you can get. I am an experienced cycler, and my partner is an amatuer. This bike serves both our needs. The bike itself is very sturdy and is a great purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Appeared good value...something broken already!, 13 Feb 2009
P. Upcott (Godalming, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York C101 Cycle (Sports)
I purchased the York C101 Cycle as a Christmas present for my wife. The cycle was easy to put together and appeared well made. Unfortunately there have been two problems with the bike, both of which happened within a few weeks of use. First the mechanism has been rubbing against the bike casing, restricting movement and making noise, secondly one pedal has literally "torn", making the bike unusable. I am currently contacting York to ask for a replacement...

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›