5.0 out of 5 stars * * * * *
Published 7 months ago by Norma B

3.0 out of 5 stars Strap too short
The only thing that spoils this watch is the strap....it is way too short. My wrist is small and it barely goes round it. If you have anything bordering on a large or even an average wrist please be aware that it will not fit.
Published on 6 Nov. 2012 by J. Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars * * * * *, 27 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Timex Expedition Midsize White Face Dial Brown Leather Strap Watch - T44563PF (Watch)
I've had this watch for three months, worn it every day (love it) and the strap now feels comfortable at two notches up. My wrist measures 16.5cm in diameter i.e. all around with a dressmaker's tape-measure. On day one, the strap felt tight on the first notch. As the strap is good quality leather I hoped it would naturally stretch a bit - and it has. I think if you can get the strap done up on the first notch when you receive the watch, and if you wear the watch regularly including in all weather (waterproof to 50 metres..) the fit will be fine. This is a great watch which looks strong but not mannish and has luminous hour and minute hands and, additionally, a beautiful blue-green light that comes on if you press the winder. You can go sailing with it and because it's not digital you can find north and get your bearings if you can see the sun.. This is a lovely watch. I chose it over options costing a lot more. Five Stars * * * * *

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 19 Oct. 2012
I've had this model of Timex for several years and it's just now needing to be replaced. I'm happy to repurchase the same one again. I love the luminous dial and backlite face. The date issue some people complain about isn't a problem for me. The watch doesn't recognize that some months have 30 days, some 31. You simply pull out the winding pin and wind the watch arms around until you get the correct date.

3.0 out of 5 stars Strap too short, 6 Nov. 2012
J. Brown (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Mens version good. Ladies version bad, 16 July 2013
I have the mens version of this watch and it is great. In fact, I have had three over the years and they have all been great. However, I bought this ladies version for my girlfriend and it is simply not as good. I first bought it in Argos and had to change it immediately as the date changer would not work. Her new one started playing up too. She subsequently lost that and I bought her a replacement from Amazon. Within six months it stopped erratically and then the date changer stopped working. There is clearly a design fault with this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional yet attractive, 26 Jan. 2014
Have had this watch for 10 years and only now has the battery run out! Clear dial, useful backlight function, waterproof - meaning that you never have to take it off if you don't want to. Didn't bother with the calendar function - I knew what the date was every day without looking at my watch.
I didn't notice that the strap was too short. It seemed fine to me and I am larger than average. Dial is just the right size, not too big but very clear to see.
Would definitely buy another in this range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies Timex watch, 15 Dec. 2011
I bought this as a present for my daughter.

She needed a rugged watch as she is an all weather horse rider.

The watch serves the purpose well yet manages to be clearly feminine.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2nd Timex Expedition Watch - Just as Good, 7 April 2013
Having had my old Timex Expedition watch for many years, it finally bit the bullet last week. I was so fond of it, I bought the same again and I'm just as happy second time round. Here's why: Clear white dial and numbers are unfussy and easy to read. Luminous hands for the evening and a really effective backlight when you want to light up the whole watch face. The watch is large enough to be easy and practical to use but small enough to still be ladylike.

The battery on my first watch was pretty good - I think I had three batteries in its whole lifetime - so I'm hoping this will follow suit. The leather strap is good quality (mind you, it IS a little on the short side for those with anything less than a small wrist).

What about the annoying wind on calendar function? I hardly ever used it on my first watch anyway, but if you're too busy to spend a minute or two of your life once a month winding it through a 24 or 48 hour period, yeah, I guess you'll be irritated by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great classic watch., 13 May 2013
Brilliant - what more could you want from a utility watch? It has a clear face and date function while the indiglo feature is an asset. I got a great deal for the price and I think this is a quality product. Other reviewers have noted the strap is too small, but for me it is a perfect fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it so far, 26 Mar. 2015
This is my second one of these watches. Had the first for about 3 years. Battery went at Christmas and obviously when it was replaced it wasn't resealed properly so water got into the workings. Because this watch has everything I'm looking for in a casual watch i.e. waterproof, light to light it up at night, second hand and also the date I ordered another. The one improvement on this model over the last one I had is that you can move the date along by just pulling the dial mover out half way and you can scroll through the date. Very happy with it so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'indiglo' light is bright when you need it and the battery life is good. I only have a small wrist and this ..., 31 Mar. 2015
Have bought this watch in the past. Some newer models don't have the date on the face, I miss that. Was keen to buy a watch that had date and time which this has. The 'indiglo' light is bright when you need it and the battery life is good. I only have a small wrist and this is a good size for me yet still a practical size. The face is the diameter of a 2 pence coin. Soft strap and if it's like my previous watch will last for a good few years before the battery needs replacing. Good buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›