5.0 out of 5 stars The album of 2008?
I bought this album on the strength of seeing BSP on BBC2's "Later..." program early in 2008 and from the word go I've enjoyed it every time I've played it, even now many months down the line.

This album prompted me to acquire the two previous BSP albums; and damn good they are as well!

I'm gonna keep this brief. I'm not going to try to convince you...
Published on 23 Dec 2008 by James A. Needham

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Too much screaching from the vocals for my taste.........ugh!
Published 1 month ago by A. Dale

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars another classic, 10 Jan 2008
Adrian Murphy - See all my reviews
Another great album from BSP .I've never understood
why this band are not huge.Hopefully people will now begin to see
what a great band they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Jan 2008
This review is from: Do You Like Rock Music? (Audio CD)
Quite how a record with three producers and recorded in three countries manages to be so consistent I have no idea. An astonishing piece of work.

5.0 out of 5 stars They just get better and better, 14 Jan 2008
This review is from: Do You Like Rock Music? (Audio CD)
BSP have produced an album that has depth and breadth. The change in production seems to have assisted, and may allow them to move on from being over looked as a querky indie band and bring them some main stream success.
There are some great songs here and all deserve a second or third listen to bring out the best. My first listen identified some the obvious strong tracks Atom, Waving Flags and O Lucifer, but there are others too that take a little while to unfold. Lights out for Darker Skies and A Trip Out our my current favs.
On the whole a very strong album, worthy of 5 stars and a higher profile.

5.0 out of 5 stars yes we love Rock Music, 14 Dec 2007
D. Davies "Selden" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Like Rock Music? (Audio CD)
FANTASTIC - BSP are still the best band in Britain, when will Britain realise this ?

5.0 out of 5 stars power plus, 14 Aug 2008
This review is from: Do You Like Rock Music? (Audio CD)
B.S.P. Saw at Latitude and no problem best new band of recent times...powerful energetic, intelligent..... on par with Grinderman

5.0 out of 5 stars Poets in their own light, 18 May 2008
Derek Connor "nardaie" (kirkintilloch) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Like Rock Music? (Audio CD)
Listening to this album was only my second listen to BSP other than hearing Waving Flags on the radio, as I had listened to an earlier single and not liked the sound of it. I downloaded this album immediatley (through the love of Waving Flags) and since late January have played it everynight of the week - at least once. I recently went on holiday to Crete and had no music for 1 week, I sang every song from the album all day, everyday. As soon as I got home, the album was on. This is special, without a doubt their best so far, and without a doubt best album of the year so far.
1st track "All in it" is a perfect opener, a brainwashing peace chant that annoys at first and tantalizes later. This leads onto the loudest track on the album, "lights out" which frees you from your trance, connning you into thinking you're listening to a different band. Although I'm sure it's about peace and global warming, this song is as angry and pungent as they come. "No Lucifer" also seems to be about global warming, whilst mainly being a trip into the past of the singer enjoying bike journeys to unknown terrotories. When I first heard "Waving Flags", I thought it was morrisseys new single, I then listened to the lyrics, which where even beyond Mozza's lyrical powers, again focusing on the peace state of mind, everybody get along. Track 5 is "Canvey Island" which seems to say the world is going to end(maybe another dig at global warming), is although irate, unbeleivably uplifting to the point you feel like shouting the chorus out at the top of your voice. "Down on the ground" is complete poetry, nuff said. "A trip out" again focuses on a global epademic, but again you feel so liberated by the music, it feels like the start of the world. The start of the world would be beautifully protrayed by "the big skua", which is an instrumental track, just bliss. "Atom" is the stand out track from the album, although some of it is about overpriced houses? This is as uplifting as your son being born. The last 3 songs are very nice, but aren't in the same league as the 1st 9.
I am going to see BSP live in October and have heard that their live shows are better than their recorded music, if so, then I'm in for the time of my life. If you haven't got this album yet, buy it, trust me, it's amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars British Music at its best, 4 Mar 2008
Graham Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Like Rock Music? (Audio CD)
I was a bit dissapointed with open Season after their first album The Decline of..... But they have come back with possibly the album of the year and its only February
Anybody who gives this 1 star should go back to their Simply Red and Take That Albums

3.0 out of 5 stars Yeh. It's alright., 5 Feb 2008
Big Bry "Big Bry" (Peterborough United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Like Rock Music? (Audio CD)
Seems to me that to most people this one is like Marmite - - you either love it or hate it! Me? I think it's okay, but come on lads and lasses, it's not the most fantastic thing since sliced bread that some of you seem to think. Its alright, and like most albums it has a couple of great tracks, but lets be honest, it also has some that you just fast forward!

4.0 out of 5 stars Prog Rock comes of Age, 21 Sep 2008
R. E. Wilkinson "Robert" (Douglas, Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Like Rock Music? (Audio CD)
This album is another of a growing number of sophisticated, intelligent masterpieces that have all the intelligence and artistry of prog rock but without the pretentions of the first appearance of this genre. Hugh full frontal big soundscapes and in particular the crescendo of "Atom" reminicent of A Day in the Life by the Beatles including an air raid siren no less...... Play loud and just let it all wash over you.... surreal

1.0 out of 5 stars hype and more super hype, ships are sinking, 14 Jan 2008
Steve Grimes (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Like Rock Music? (Audio CD)
well ive tried ive read the reviews and listened to the album four times, its rubbish and it has been consigned to the bin think to enjoy this sort of " music" term used loosely one would need to be drinking real ale and smoking summat weird

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Do You Like Rock Music?
Do You Like Rock Music? by British Sea Power (Audio CD - 2008)