on 24 October 2011
I purchased the Casio CDP-100 to practice music on with headphones as an alternative to always playing my upright piano. The feel of the keys is as good as any electric piano or keyboard I have played (including Korgs and Yamaha) and the sound through headphones or an amplifier is excellent. The speakers do not produce an excellent sound but the quality if still good. However the difference in tone and quality is astounding with headphones on. I would recommend this keyboard for 'well seasoned' players to practice on but also for beginners as it is more worthwhile having the full 88 keys as apposed to 61 or 76 that other keyboards have. Overall I am very happy and would recommend this keyboard to anyone who is interested.
on 27 July 2010
I have wanted a digital piano for a long time. After much on-line research I settled on the Casio CDP-100 as it may be one of the least expensive 88 key digital pianos that are currently (Summer 2010) available. It's critics may compare the authenticity of the feel of the keyboard and the sound it produces - but for somebody who just wants to learn to play the piano simply as a personal pursuit and hopefully encourage their very young children to do the same, I think it is good value for money. Very pleased with my purchase.
on 23 August 2012
I bought the keyboard because I don't have enough space in my house for a proper piano. And I love it. It feels exactly like a real piano (weighted keys), the sound is good through the speakers and even better through a proper amplifier/speakers.

Yes, it doesn't have a lot of options, the manual is not extensive and the sustain pedal provided is just as a tick in the box, but for £300 you get a good keyboard action, full keyboard (88 keys) and a decent sound.

There are some videos on youtube about "noisy" keyboard etc - well if you ever played a proper (grand) piano - it is not any different than that.

I can't get enough of it - I actually love practising now, buy a decent sustain pedal and a stand for it and enjoy.
on 2 July 2011
Firstly, I ordered this item and a stand and despite specifying standard free delivery both items arrived by courier the following day. Well done, Amazon UK.

Being an aspiring grade 4 piano student, I wanted a full sized piano keyboard which could be taken in the car on long holidays to France and which I could set up in rented houses etc and to use for silent practice when the rest of the household are asleep (I am a very early riser). Visiting music shops, I had tried out some horribly expensive keyboards which had felt a bit like my 'normal' Kawai piano but definitely not the same, so I had concluded that whatever I bought was going to have a different feel to it. That doesn't matter much to me because I can exercise on the normal piano at home to develop my hand and finger muscles and I thought (correctly) that I could quickly adjust between playing each instrument. So having read the reviews on Amazon's website I decided to opt for the cheapest 88 note keyboard with good reviews. I wasn't expecting much...

The piano was very well packed and came with its mains adaptor, sustain pedal and instruction book. It all seems no heavier or bigger than it needs to be and it was very easy to set up. There are 5 sounds: 2 grand pianos, harpsichord, slow strings and electric piano (which sounds a bit strange to me). The grand piano sounds are fine through the built in loudspeakers and excellent through headphones. (I have always thought that the other sounds are a bit of a gimmick and I'm not really in a position to give a serious appraisal of them.) On full volume it doesn't play as loudly as my proper piano so I expect that anyone wanting to gig with it in a public venue or with other instruments would need to take along external speakers (there is no dedicated speaker jack socket but I suppose they could be connected via the headphones jack ot the MIDI out socket (?)- I'm out of my depth here). But the volume is perfectly adequate for playing in the house. The action of the keys is smooth and there is quite good finger resistance, though not as much as on a real grand piano. The touch sensitivity is smoothly graduated and works very well: the harder you press the keys the louder the notes are played.

I've had mine for just under a week and have played it every day without any reliability issue.

For the money, this is a fantastic instrument and I like it very much. How do they do it for the price?
on 3 February 2012
It may not have a great sound but it is sure a good imitation of piano. It has solid and heavy keys which makes the product 13+ kg.
I like the fact that it has a
sustain pedal included,
a book holder and
most important of all, a sustain pedal and an adapter.
Yes, the quality of the pedal is not amazing but it indeed does what it intends to do just not as sensitive.
The fact that it uses 3.5mm jack head, it supports my headphone well which i love but it does have a noisy background.
the keys may not be very sensitive but what do you expect for this price that includes everything. Comes with a well described manual but the usage is alittle non userfriendly.

But think about the price for solid and keys that make sound. Its a perfect digital keyboard for a budget. Definitely recommend it over YAMAHA if you do not care too much about quality in sound or brand image (durability or aftersales service).
Definitely recommend it to classical music lovers. (not portable)
on 5 August 2011
I have only recently begun to learn piano earnestly. My uncle has a £1400 Yamaha digital piano and he affirms the playability and sound quality is just as equal to his. Whilst I cannot offer a discerning POV on this product, I can say that the look and feel of the keys are equal to any real piano I have ever played. A lot of reviews on Youtube have mentioned problems with 'click-back' on the keys -- that is nonsense. The piano strokes at zero volume would be equivocal to those of a real piano. This product is simply superb and it has surpassed my every expectation. The only part which does not meet a high standard is the foot pedal - whilst it functions just like a real pedal, it looks like a cheap plastic box. Otherwise, its function remains the same. It can be replaced with a separately purchased 'more authentic' pedal. This product came with the power adapter.
on 10 January 2012
The kids have piano lessons on a real piano at their tracher's. I was looking for a practise-piano and I settled on this one for the following reasons:

1. We do not have the space downstairs to fit a piano and the cost of having one anywhere else in our home was prohibitive.
2. Several experienced piano players reviewed it well (viable alternative).
3. My main decision factor was that several reviewers indicated they had compared several brands / models and all digital ones feel different from pianos, but this one was not "worse" than others.
4. It does not need tuning.
5. It can be taken anywhere (and won't need to acclimatise or be re-tuned).
6. It is affordable and can be sold should the kids lose interest.
It is almost exclusively used as a practise piano. Occasionally the "strings", harpsichord" and other settings are used for fun (harpsichord sounds great with "Piggies" by the Beatles :-) ).
7. I also ordered an x-model stand. This works well. While the kids are young it can be lowered so they can actually reach the pedal.
8. I may by a different pedal in time.

I have not used the midi stuff, so I cannot comment on that.
The kids are bit young and do not play at odd hours, so I have not used the headset a lot (only plugged in to make sure it works). We have connected it to a stereo with a normal plug and this sounded terrific (the built in speakrs are Ok for practising, but not strong enough to fill a big room).
on 18 April 2012
This is a really good piano for the price, I have a friend who has one. I was just going to purchase one and noticed that the CDP 120 is now available, and the CPD 100 is going to be phased out. Better to go for the new version: - Casio CDP-120 Digital Piano - New, Updated Version of the CDP-100
on 1 September 2011
A great little piano, with the full 88 key range. Weighted keys but not hammer action, but perfect for learning to play, or even as a stage piano.
Mine arrived after buying it online (to save a few quid) only to find out that I had to build it up, then once I had done this, the piano was faulty.
They reckon it was due to being possibly 'dropped' during delivery. As part of the 'return to base' warranty, I had to pay to send the piano back, which cost £45.00 via UPS. I decided to cancel the order, and bought one from my local music shop. Great service, and they built & delivered it free of charge. They even gave me free PC recording software.
on 11 October 2011
Having read several reviews before buying this keyboard I discovered than it was even better than the reviewers gave it credit. There are several functions available including one which changes the weighting of the keys so if you decide they're too easy or hard to press you can change it. Also there's a function that allows the keyboard to play more than one of it's 5 tones at once. This allows you to play it as a piano and strings at the same time whilst also being able to adjust the sound level of both.
There are a number of tracks built into it that you can play along with.
You can set the reverb to sound like it's in a concert hall, small room etc.

Really it's packed with features and is a nice feeling, good sounding keyboard at a price that's great for what it gives you.
I highly recommend it for anyone.