5.0 out of 5 stars Great Birdie Gym
Published on 31 Oct. 2011 by KKB

3.0 out of 5 stars They won't use it!!
Published on 11 May 2012 by gainsb1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Birdie Gym, 31 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Trixie 5661 Natural Living Playground 35 29 25 cm (Misc.)
This is a very reasonably priced, easy to assemble parrot gym. It is made of pieces of wood with rough natural surfaces that my birds really enjoy chewing. I have 4 parrots of various sizes ranging from a small yellow sided green cheek conure to a rose breasted cockatoo. While all my birds have enjoyed time on this play area, it is definitely best suited to smaller birds, say cockatiel and smaller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for your budgie, 27 Oct. 2012
D. M. York (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Trixie 5661 Natural Living Playground 35 29 25 cm (Misc.)
This is a superbly well priced playground for a bird and specifically in my case a budgie.

Playgrounds such as this are an excellent way to encourage your bird to be more confident outside of their cage. The propensity with birds (especially if you cannot have them out of their cage for the majority of the day) is that they can be a little bit jittery when outside of their comfort zone. I tend to use the playground more like an open-plan cage and as much as possible leave my budgie on it. Though uncertain at first he very quickly got used to it and is as comfortable sat on the playground as in his own cage, quite often we can put the playground in any room and he will not move from it, unless of course he is offered a finger to hop onto!

In terms of construction the playground is very easy to put together and is essentially four major parts: the base, two sides and a top. It took only a couple of minutes to assemble, and it fitted together securely enough that it was not necessary to glue it into place. However I will also note that my package did not include any wood glue as other reviewers had indicated, so just bear that in mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good size for 2 lovebirds, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Trixie 5661 Natural Living Playground 35 29 25 cm (Misc.)
Good item. A little wobbly on the ends as the holes are slightly too big for the fittings, but that adds to the entertainment! Birds are a bit apprehensive but they do like to perch on the top and do the odd bit of climbing. Adding their usual toys is making thej feel more comfortable, I would recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars important ..please read, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Trixie 5661 Natural Living Playground 35 29 25 cm (Misc.)
this is a very good product for small conures/cockertiels and budgies .possibly a tame lovebird.anything else will rip it to shreds..

4.0 out of 5 stars budgies love it, 6 Sept. 2011
the workmanship on trixie playgrounds is somewhat hit & miss e.g. holes are not always drilled accurately, but my budgies love perching on theses + shredding the bark & chewing through the thin bits - they are on their 3rd one now! NB be sure to buy the ones with bark - the smooth wood versions are not as attractive to birds!

3.0 out of 5 stars They won't use it!!, 11 May 2012
This was purchased to stop Bod and Bella sitting on top of our globe lamp and pooping on it. It is smaller than we imagined and the ladder rope is too short to tie it on. However, we didn't want that bit. Easy to put together and the bottom tray would be excellent to catch the droppings if only the bl--dy budgies would sit on it. They still poop on the lamp. At least we tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot-on, 14 Mar. 2012
Ryan McDonnell (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trixie 5661 Natural Living Playground 35 29 25 cm (Misc.)
i have a cockatiel, I thought he might be a bit big for this. He isn't a huge one for playing with toys, but he does like to perch on it and climb the ladders. It's also coated in a bird-friendly bark which he has greatly enjoyed chewing off. This gets a wee bit messy, but nothing untoward. It's easy to fit together and pretty sturdy when you add the glue that comes with it. My sister also has the same one for a budgie, he fits in it even better and there is more room for his toys.

If you were wondering, don't, it's a very good item.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really poorly made, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Trixie 5661 Natural Living Playground 35 29 25 cm (Misc.)
I received this today and whilst I know that budgies like raw wood, the amount that fell off whilst I was putting it together was incredible. Plus the one single pole could not be fitted as the holes for the pole were not on corresponding end posts. The rope was really frayed, and you cannot give that to a budgie as it is dangrous if they start to eat it, so I have thrown that away.The frame, due to the lack of the pole fitting, is unstable. I am debating whether to send it back, except it is always a hassle going to the post office. Perhaps I shouldn't buy from here again, but it had good reviews, so I did

4.0 out of 5 stars Rosie loves it, 29 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Trixie 5661 Natural Living Playground 35 29 25 cm (Misc.)
My cockatiel loves the playground, however, it is very rickety and didn't fit well together! It would benefit from being more colourful as we have discovered birds are attracted to this.

3.0 out of 5 stars be careful, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Trixie 5661 Natural Living Playground 35 29 25 cm (Misc.)
Good product, my cockatiel loves it. However she shredded all the bark covering revealing nail heads a couple mm proud of the wood which she snagged a claw on causing minor bleeding. I used a centre punch and hammer to drive the nails into the wood where she can't get to them. Problem solved.