5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Durable & Eye Catching!
This collar is totally stunning. I bought one years ago for my late Boxer and it cost 3 times what this seller is charging but my current Boxer dog (Ruby) is a lot thicker set as she is part Staffy, so I needed a new one. I hunted everywhere so was elated to find it on Amazon.

Published on 28 Jan 2011 by BookWorm

1.0 out of 5 stars Mortified.
Bought this a few months ago for my young Bullmastiff x Rottweiler, he's around 10 months so not at full strength. I only bought it because normal collars slip over his head, I needed slight tightening if he pulled backwards. I've not used it many times, but it DID look stunning on him.

HOWEVER - while out walking him just, he pulled towards a post to sniff,...
Published on 24 Feb 2012 by Laura

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Durable & Eye Catching!, 28 Jan 2011
BookWorm (Nottinghamshire UK) - See all my reviews

The main reason I initially was drawn to this collar was because there was a great deal of media hype about dangerous dogs at the time. My, now late, Boxer was a dark brindle colour with a jet black face, and on first impression looked quite fierce even though he was a huge softy. I felt at the time that the traditional leather studded collar wasn't doing anything for his image and added to the misconception of him being aggressive. It was amazing the difference in attitude from people when I swapped him over to this beautiful chain collar.

I personally don't like choke chains. They do work well if you know how to use them properly but not many people grasp the tecnique and they just end up being cruel. With this collar, you have a half check action. If they pull of misbehave, a quick, sharp tug is just enough to give a moderate squeeze and a chain noise to bring them back into line.

Another plus for this collar is that it doesn't tarnish, slip off when they're round the house and, unlike leather collars, doesn't smell!

Aside from it's workings it looks awesome and sits well on Ruby's neck. If you have a Boxer, Doberman, Rottweiler, Ridgeback or other large breed with a short coat then this collar will look at it's very best. But it is also suitable for Staffys' if you don't like the traditional collar that can have a tendancy to look a touch aggressive!

A Word of WARNING : I would NOT recommend this collar or any other chain collar for dogs with a longer coat such as a German Shephard, Retriever, Akita etc! The chain will pull the longer hair and cause the dog discomfort and hair loss/damage.

This collar is for any dog owner that wants to get away from the 'macho' look of studded collars but wants their dog to look stylish without looking daft.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mortified., 24 Feb 2012

HOWEVER - while out walking him just, he pulled towards a post to sniff, not as hard as he could, and not suddenly, and the chain that does the tightening snapped. I was mortified. Luckily, I had another collar on him with his I.D tag attached, but I would have been struggling if I had been completely relying on this collar. What if he'd pulled towards a road and ran infront of a car? Awful - I'm very concerned about this, I'd hate to think it was holding back a dog that was perhaps aggressive or had a car chasing tendency. Do not buy if your dog pulls at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Dog, 30 Jun 2010
Tricky Dicky (Leigh-on-Sea, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trixie 2265 3-Row Choke Chain Restricted Pull 45 cm / 2.5 mm (Misc.)
I saw one of these chains on another dog & thought how good it looks. I had spent a little while trying to find it, but it was worth it in the end.
I have an English Pointer & being a gun dog he wants to chase almost any other animal, therefore I wanted a half choke collar that would do the job of stopping him pulling & one that looks nice. I have had 3 previous half choke collars (1 material & 2 chains) but they would cause his coat to discolour. He is white & orange in colour and they would blacken his neck after a short while. However this chain is superb, his neck is free of any stains caused by a poor chain, it does the job I wanted it to do & it looks great. It is quite wide and as such gives a bit of a bling effect. It is very well made & good quality and i'm able to either grab the choke loop to hold him or as the main body of the collar is wide I can hold him easy without the chain becoming painful to either him or me. I would highly recommend this for tall short haired dogs, especially the following: any Pointer breed, Doberman, Rottweiler, Weimaraner, Dalmatian, Great Dane, Boxer, BullMastiff & Vizsla.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool collars, 24 Sep 2011
i bought these collars for our (my sisters, my neighbours) and my Labradors, and am delighted at the quality of them. Absolutely worth every penny ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Semi choke chain, 31 Oct 2010
I have a Doberman and this collar looks very smart as well as slighlty better on the lead

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, 31 Mar 2013
Way too heavy for my Labrador, such a shame, the dog didn't like it at all, shame as it was good otherwise

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and safe, 29 Oct 2012
Great collar! For the record, I don't believe in aversive training techniques that involve choke chains, but due to the fact that his neck is bigger than his head(!) my staffy slips flat collars and can take a harness off like a shirt so for his safety we decided on a martingale collar. This is perfect and looks very smart, doesn't rust and gets lots of compliments.

However, this is not a house collar and you should never leave your dog unattended wearing one of these, especially as the links could catch on something and the dog can easily choke in your absence. Also (this is common sense for most dog owners), supervise closely when the dog is playing as other dog's teeth can also get caught in the links.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best looking collar from Amazon !., 7 Jun 2012
I bought this half choke for my Boxer, Daisy. It looks so lovely, stylish without being too "bling" it works well, keeps her at my side when walking, without any strain, not so harsh on her neck as a full choke. But more than anything its very noticable, I get lots of comments, which is lovely for her as she's getting attention!! (she loves that!) I love it too!! Thank you for a great looking collar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Semi Choke Chain 3 Rows 55cm Dog Control Collar, 23 Mar 2011
Looks better than the picture shows. Nice,strong and does the job. I've got a Staffy cross with quite a wide neck, but this size was just right for him. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars choke chain, 25 Feb 2014
love this choke chain very solid and sturdy my dog Reggie looks smashing in it and ive had lots of favourable comments. PERFECT very pleased with my purchase

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›