on 8 June 2012
Bought this to replace my Swiss Army watch (have they stopped making these?) which seems to have died after well over twenty years of faithful service. The Mondaine Swiss Railway watch is a classic - great quality and beautifully finished. At around £130 it's much better value than other watches I have had in this price range. I was in two minds about the metal bracelet - the standard black leather one is probably more in keeping with the highly functional design of the watch, but the metal one is a bit dressier and looks as if it'll last for ever. Either way, if you're looking for a classy watch at a reasonable price, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
11 comment16 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2013
Clear face, very easy to read. The watch strap is also very easy to adjust to size of wrist. Good purchase.
on 2 February 2015
Stylish and unusual watch based on the classic design of the Swiss railway clock. So glad I eventually decided to buy this model after having looked at the many various styles available. The stainless steel bracelet gives it a dressy appearance and fits my wrist easily. Laid flat, the watch is just over 21cm end to end not including the clasp. So far it is keeping perfect time, perhaps the most important quality in a watch.
review image
on 29 November 2012
I have had these beautifully designed watches for more than twenty years; bought them for my wife, sons, daughters, and grandchildren. They do everything I need from a timepiece and the price allows me to change them when they get battered.
on 14 May 2009
Simple, clear and easy to read, this watch is beautiful. The bracelet sets it off better than the black leather strap on other models. Very cool.
11 comment16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2014
A beautiful, understated watch that's also very easy to read. No bells and whistles just a simple timepiece. Adjusting the strap was easy once I Googled how to do it.
on 10 October 2013
perfect large dial which I can see without my glasses! simple design goes with everything! Comfy on my wrist and hard-wearing
on 18 May 2010
Bit small, I should have looked at the measurements a little better, so small gents, reasonable women's size. Otherwise quite smart.
on 29 April 2014
A design classic and I wear it every day now. The red dot on the second hand is fabulous. Designed in 1944 but so modern. I love the strap, easy to adjust.
on 5 August 2013
Lovely, discreet, retro and elegant watch.

Good Swiss quality at a brilliant price.

Am very pleased with purchase. great buy!!!