5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another 'Best Of'
A TV advertised 'greatest hits' album that somehow manages to omit two of their greatest hits: Can't Help Falling In Love and Star On A TV Show.

I'm sure they'll be on the next Extremely Ultimate Very Best Of... CD due sometime soon.
Published on 13 Dec. 2007 by Paul Deacon

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Best
The songs are really very best of Stylistics. Unfortunately, I can not say the same for the sound and quality of this CD.
Published 14 months ago by maliprinc

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another 'Best Of', 13 Dec. 2007
Paul Deacon "deaconline" (Croydon, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars best of the best, 1 Feb. 2009
C. I. Smith "c i c smith" (Kent,UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Very Best Of Stylistics (Audio CD)
I have loved the stylistics forever so this is one of the best albums to go back in time and remember all those times in your past.
Soul at its best with tunes that you can remember and songs that you can sing along to,in this day and age it makes a change to be able to.
That distinctive Betcha Golly Wow to that You Make Me Feel Brand New,one of my all time favorites is I Can't Give you Anything But My Love.The high and distinctive singing voice with the ranges falling away gave this group it's clear cut sound,in my opinion this is one of the best all round collections.
Disco numbers that you can dance around your front room to buy and enjoy your trip down memory lane.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Stylistics, 21 Sept. 2009
J. Thornton "Angel" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best Of Stylistics (Audio CD)
Brilliant, all their greatest hits on one album,
Nostalgia or what, you can sing along, relive special
moments, a must for the romantic amongst us.Very Best Of Stylistics

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 20 May 2009
avidgamer (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best Of Stylistics (Audio CD)
Hey! Whats not to like. Great songs, great voices, great to listen to. I am a huge Bon Jovi fan and found this album to be a welcome change. Then again I am of that era so maybe thats why, but give it a go for great music, with great orchestral arrangements, not found on many many many pop tracks today.

Go ahead, buy it. You wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nostalgia albumn, 3 Feb. 2009
A. Sidoli (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best Of Stylistics (Audio CD)
I originally had this on vynil and so I am not dissappointed by the CD. I had the pleasure of seeing the Stylistics live recently and they are as good as ever. This is a great albumn and it is amazing how many hits they had. There is music to dance to, music for a romantic dinner for two and music to make you smile.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some breathtaking tunes from the 70's, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Very Best Of Stylistics (Audio CD)
Russell Thompkins Jr wraps his smooth falsetto vocals around the tracks on this album with distinct style. There were 10 top 10 hits (in Britain) from this album. It all kicks off with their only number 1 hit 'Can't give you anything'; which for me is one of their best ever releases and the quality rarely goes down hill from there until you get to the last and 21st song.

These songs came from the times where Philly soul was probably it's most popular, around this period the American soul legend Teddy Pendergrass came in with writers Gamble and Huff behind him. I have to say that my absolute favourite song on the album is the Weiss/Peretti/Creatore penned song 'Thank you Baby' as if I were a writer I would have loved to write this song for my wife but alas my writing skills are of a lower quality, having said that All I need is you by Teddy Pendergrass would be another one too.

I will now broaden my search for more Philly soul as the classic songs/ballads seem to originate from this era.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab item, 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Very Best Of Stylistics (Audio CD)
cd as described. takes you back to a time when music was clear, uncomplicated and fluffy. arrived in time for xmas. no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Best of Stylistics, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Very Best Of Stylistics (Audio CD)
I am very please at I can listen to these groups on CDs as I do have large amount of LPs which I cann't play anymore the CDs are very good price, I play the CD in the car I can remember when I first hear a lot of these groups a few years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 3 Mar. 2013
S. Frize "babyford1971" (Southern England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best Of Stylistics (Audio CD)
This is an album I would reccomend to anyone who likes the music of the Stylistics. It bought back a lot of memories of my childhood in the 1970's. Standout tracks for me are :
You Are Everything
Can't Give You Anything But My Love
People Make The World Go Round
You Make Me Feel Brand New
Stop Look Listen (To Your Heart)

All of which are digitally enhanced so sound clear and loud... there are a couple of missing tunes like Can't Help Falling In Love and Star On A TV Show but they are not standout tracks for me and I was happy with this cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very best of the Stylistics, 9 Oct. 2011
J. Shaw (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best Of Stylistics (Audio CD)
Most Excellent Soulful and classy music containing the very best tracks on one CD.Great sounds for the times you want to feel mellow. A good acquisition for your musical library and very cheap.

Very Best Of Stylistics
Very Best Of Stylistics by The Stylistics (Audio CD - 2007)