5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be easier
I was shocked at how small this is! So easy for carrying around just in a pocket!

Published on 18 Aug 2009 by James Standing

3.0 out of 5 stars It works
It works. Careful though as it by default it's tuned to D rather than E; a switch changes it once you find it.
Published 13 months ago by P. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be easier, 18 Aug 2009
James Standing (london) - See all my reviews

When I first opened it I was a little annoyed as it did not seem to be recognising the strings, or recognising them incorrectly. Having only picked up my first Uke, and therefore my first instrument, a matter of days ago... I did not quite realise about the different ways of tuning. A quick read let me know it had a switch and that was set to D tuning. Using my brain power I changed it to C and BAM... perfect and easy tuning every time. I haven't gone anywhere without it since, you just never know when someone will need their Uke tuning!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works a treat!, 5 Feb 2008
Big Bry "Big Bry" (Peterborough United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
What can you say? It does what it says on the tin. It's ideal for tuning your uke. It clips on the end of the fretboard and works by vibration - you just pick the strings in turn and it knows automatically which string you are picking and then allows you to tune it. Also, because it works on vibration, you can do it in a noisy room. A good little instrument. Doesn't take any learning - dead easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product., 4 Mar 2010
Mr. M. J. Bowyer (UK) - See all my reviews
An ideal way to tune your ukulele, especially in a noisey environment. You simply clip it on to the head of the ukulele, make sure it is set to the correct key (either C or D), turn on and you are ready to go. The easy to read LED display clearly indicates if the string is in tune, too tight or too loose. It even has a power saving feature that turns the unit off after 5 minutes of no input. The unit is compact (only slightly larger than a small box of matches) and fits easily in your pocket or Uke bag. Much easier to use than pitch pipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 21 Nov 2009
My uke had been lying around unused as I couldn't tune it correctly with pitch pipes. This gadget was easy to use, and got me tuned up quickly and learning the instrument properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's the tuning stupid, 4 Sep 2009
i am not very good at all at tuning by ear, this lovely little thing is so easy to use...if you are like me you must purchase this, your uke will love you for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 3 May 2011
a very easy gadget to use. i have only taken up learning to play a musical instrument recently aged 55 and one big problem was tuning the ukuele but this has made it very simple. easy to use and good value

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought it!, 21 Feb 2011
I will not repeat what has already been said by others. For me, a guy new to any string instrument, this little wizard has been a life saver. To sit in a Ukulele Group for the first time and be able to tune your Uke in a flash, makes one feel good. As you will discover with a Ukulele, it needs a lot of tuning until it settles in. I tune it regularly anyway and then immediately hear the improved sound.

It works!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 4 May 2011
Peter Lee (Manchester ,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
What a buy! I'm teaching myself to play the ukulele at the moment and this is an invaluable gadget. It is absolutely tiny and works straight from the box. Once switched on you clip the tuner to the top of your ukulele by the tuning pegs and pluck a string. The tuner will light up to show which string you are tuning and it indicates whether you you need to tune up or down, and eventually a green light will show and you move onto the next string.

The tuner cleverly works off vibration rather than sound, so you can use it in noisy environments and it still works perfectly. A battery is supplied, and there is also a switch on the unit to select between C and D tuning.

A must-have for any ukulele player!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 16 Dec 2011
Having bought my first ukulele I knew my untrained ears would struggle to tune it properly. I'm not a musician so need all the help I can get. The Ukulele Mate does exactly what it claims to do. It is so easy that tuning my uke takes a minute or less. The red/green light system is simple. The only thing to remember is which way to turn the tuners to bring a red light to green i.e. to tighten or loosen the string.

I suspect experienced musicians frown on such gadgets but for me it is fantastic. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for anyone who is new to music, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Cherub Clip-On Ukulele Tuner (Electronics)
I really like this- it's very easy to use & gives me confidence when tuning. I'm not an experienced musician.

ARRAY(0xb3bd14a4)