Colour Name: 15 PCS|Change

on 25 March 2013
What can I say? I read reviews then purchased this set. It arrived, I opened it and was immediately disapointed. I have purchased better made screwdriver sets in a Poundshop. The case iitself is fine, the insert the screwdrivers sit in is far too flimsy and the screwdrivers themselves - urghh.

One was bent. Yes, a brand new screwdriver that was bent. The shafts are made from cheap steel and are far too weak and are more likely to damage the screw heads rather than remove the screw. The handles have a soft grip, but are poorly moulded and don't look like they would survive much use.

A badly made screwdriver is worse than useless as it makes a job more difficult. Save yourself some time and money and buy something else. Flushing your money down the toilet would be better value - sorry.
on 20 December 2010
Very poor quality. All the screwdrivers having bended tips so it won't do the job. Waste of money Would recommend seeking an alternative product.
on 18 September 2009
Very good price but you get what you pay for. Shoddy case with appalling hinges that don't allow you to close the box without breaking them completely. Screwdrivers themselves not appropriate for small electronics devices as metal too soft: the driver head will shear off very easily with hardly any force. Would recommend seeking an alternative product.
on 27 November 2013
I am surprised by the negative reviews for this set!

These screwdrivers are decent quality and perform their duties well. I have two sets (I used one at home and one at work) and both have seen a lot of use fixing computers, as well as toys and other small electricals. None of my screwdrivers show signs of excessive wear or damage, and from memory I believe that the older set is now around 7 or 8 years old.

Some points to note though...
# It's a precision set, not a household or DIY set. These are small screwdrivers.

# The tools are not designed for use under pressure. They are intended for the jobs I listed above. Don't expect them to lever open paint tins or to be useful when dismantling your car. They have helped me dismantle more laptops than I care to remember, but I wouldn't recommend them for tightening 2.5 T&E into the back of a wall socket. You need a sturdier tool with a thicker handle that was made to transmit mechanical force.

# The case does damage easily. It is perfectly serviceable, but won't stand up to a beating. One of mine is missing a corner and one of the latches. Not bad for the length of time I have owned it, and it still keeps the screwdrivers together.

# I have used them when working on broken mobile phones with a lot of success, but modern phones use smaller and smaller screws. I have had to supplement this set with a couple of smaller torx screwdrivers to work on a Samsung and Nokia phone in the last couple of years.

Like all tools, this set should be used for the purpose it's designed for. If this is the case, I can say from experience that they will do their job for years. And let's not forget the price here too folks!
on 11 November 2013
First of all don't make the mistake that some other reviews have made - these are mini screwdrivers (much smaller than full size ones).
These are not top quality Japanese tools (I have a set of those for really precision work). I recently bought a cat scarer to keep the little pests off my garden. The problem I faced was the battery compartment needed to be secured with 4 Philips cross head size 1 screws. My fingers weren't strong enough to turn the narrow shaft on the Japanese tool. I could have used pliers and risked damaging the tool but I bought the Rolson set instead. The Philips No 1 was perfect and the wider handle made the job easy. Sooner or later some of the other tools in this box will also come in very handy. Definitely not top quality but good value at around 8 quid.
P.S. The `PestBye' Cat Scarer is very effective - worth every penny. I love it!
on 24 September 2010
Using them already. Great to handle. Whilst I know that I will not use every one of the drivers I am more than happy to know that at last I will not be held back on a job because I did not have the right star key.
on 28 March 2010
This is a great bit of kit. Good quality. It's amazing that they can make screwdrivers this small. Good price and quick delivery. Good buy would recommend.
on 18 June 2009
In every respect this is a very good Screwdriver set.
I got this for my daily usage as I do breakfix for laptops and I found it really great, nice grip and made with strong metal and lookwise also a great choice.

Order with the prime aacount so got a quick delivery as well.

100% Recommendation (If you going to use it for laptop or light gadget usage)
on 14 May 2015
Not worth one star- flimsy and small screwdrivers not fit for purpose. Had to chuck them in the bin
on 22 April 2013
i bought it for replacing the hdd of my macbook
it can surely open the case with the Philip #00
but after after 10 screws, the tip starts to wear
i can say its useless after putting back the screws in
so, this set is ok for you to use it once only

See one answered question