I previously carried my Pentax Optio S12 camera around in a leather case to prevent the stainless steel casing getting scratched but then always had to find somewhere to tuck the case when taking shots.

This wrap is the ideal solution, it attachs to your camera via the tripod hole and wraps around the camera and fastens with a velcro strip. The bar attachment that fits via the tripod hole can be moved to the side by slightly loosening the screw should you need to access the battery/card compartments. When you want to take a photo just unwrap, (the wrap hangs below your camera still attached) take your picture and wrap camera up again.

The wrap itself measures 21cm x 11.5cm and is made of soft, stretchy neoprene fabric which is quilted for protection but not too bulky and it comes in different designs.

My camera measures 8.7cm (w) x 5.4 cm (h) x 2.1 cm (d) and this case is an ideal fit. The manufacturer guidelines state suitable for cameras up to 11.4cm x 2.5cm depth.

The picture here shows a screw fastener to the tripod hole indicating that a coin etc would be needed to undo it. Mine has a clip attached to a smooth topped screw for fastening/unfastening which folds flat when not in use.

I bought this based on the previous reviews and have to agree it's a great buy!
on 3 August 2009
Got this for my new TZ7 got to keep the bling shiny, looked at a few cases in the shops not really happy with any but this is perfect. Fits on great, just the right size without adding bulk and you can't lose it as it is attached to the camera. It has Velcro fastening so no missing shot tring to get the case open
Has a nice look and feel and what a bargain, i was looking at c**p leather cases at £20.00 and none of them are a patch on this.
Let hope it wears well but at this price it's no sweat to replace it.
PS well done Amazon as this was delivered in double quick time even on super saver delivery
Initially I bought one of these camera wraps for my waterproof Panasonic FT3 camera then tried it on my Panasonic TZ cameras and found it a perfect fit for all so I've since ordered more for the rest of my pocket compact cameras - I'm converted!

It fits by screwing into the tripod socket on the camera which is great for cameras such as the FT3 where the battery and memory card compartment are located on the side of the camera. For cameras with battery access on the base then it simply slides along a runner so there's no need to remove the case.

The only downside is if you regularly use the tripod socket then you'll need to remove the wrap completely. However, if you simply stand the camera on a flat surface for 'tripod shots', then the base of the wrap and its flat screw ensure this is still possible and the camera will still be stable.

I like the wrap because it provides protection to the vulnerable lens and monitor while also ensuring the wrap can be quickly unfastened to take a quick pic without having to fumble around with zips or other fastenings on a conventional case. Being made from neoprene, it's also especially suited to outdoor action and waterproof cameras - it quickly dries after getting wet and suffers no damage or deterioration.

It's such a simple but most ingenious design which is very practical in use.

A highly recommended purchase for any small 'pocket' camera.
on 26 September 2009
Always On Compact Camera Wrap - Quilted Black
I thought there might be a problem using this on a Canon Powershot SX200Is due to the slightly protruding lens but, although it is a bit of a tight fit, the soft padded polypropylene cover and velcro fastening have enough stretch and latitude to keep it secure, a situation which is improving with use. From being protected in my pocket to taking a photo is a minimal action and afterwards the case is already attached to the camera and available. If the screw into the base is left slightly 'off' fully tight the cover can be rotated to one side to give easy access to the camera memory card and battery.
on 7 January 2012
I got this free with a TZ20, it doesn't fit the camera. It isn't big enough to wrap around the Lumix. It probably won't fit around the other similar lumix models either, be careful.
on 29 August 2009
This wrap-around case, is the smart answer to having a fully proyected - ever-ready - compact camera. Snap-off the Velcro fastening and the padded 'case' unwraps in a flash and falls away beneath the camera, leaving it clear for you to take your shot! As the sides of the camera are exposed - but protected by the overlap of the 'wrap', it enables one to have a carrying strap - or preferably a lanyard - attached, to hang round ones neck - as I dropped and ruined my last compact, when the carrying strap slipped through my fingers.

At such a low price,for such an excellent and efficient means of protection - every compact user should have one!

Derek H Roberts. 29/08/09
on 24 October 2011
This camera wrap is a great idea. You can access the camera quite quickly and don't need to juggle around with the case when taking a photograph. I use it with my Lumix TZ20. The wrap is a little tight. It doesn't use the whole width of the Velcro to fasten it, but it is quite secure and hasn't come apart. I suspect it will stretch a little and be a snug fit with regular use. Access to the battery and SD card is quite easy as the little fastening nut has a tag on it so you can loosen it by hand. It is well made, looks quite smart and is great value.
on 16 May 2012
I had taken to hanging my old camera bag around my shoulder but leaving my camera in my pocket to get scratched amongst keys etc. This well designed and made padded cover, protects the camera from such scrapes whilst being very easy to use. Simply undo the strong velcro fastener and let it hang down, still attached to the camera, whilst taking your shot. Then stretch the cover back over the camera and re-secure the velcro. I leave the metal bracket, attached to the tripod mount, slightly loose all the time, which allows me to slide it along to access the battery and card. I use it on my Panasonic TZ18 camera. It is a tight but adequate fit.
on 26 November 2011
Isn't big enough to wrap around a Panasonic TZ20 even though listed as suitable by Amazon. Velco portions do not meet. Given to my wife to use on her Panasonic FS6. In itself quite a nice item pity wrong size.
on 31 December 2011
I am very pleased with this product. It makes taking photos a lot easier than having to take a camera out of a case (which was always mislaid with my previous camera) A great little product which protects the camera and easy to fit into a handbag. Very happy with it.