4.0 out of 5 stars Dorothy sequined costume
Bought this for my daughter, lovely dress.Only thing is the lace underskirt is a bit flimsy and tears easily.Still does the job of keeping a little'Dorothy' happy!!
Published on 13 Jan 2010 by E. Woname

1.0 out of 5 stars Sequin Dorothy Costume
Published on 21 Dec 2010 by Theresa L. Hylton

1.0 out of 5 stars Sequin Dorothy Costume, 21 Dec 2010
Buyer beware. I found this to be a truly awful product. The bodice seems to be at least one size larger than the skirt, and the length of the skirt is far from being the same all around. It was a horrible buy. Yes, I gave the benefit of the doubt and returned for a smaller size, but I found exactly the same dimensional errors on the smaller size as well! Defective manufacturing, and extremely poor quality. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Worst of all - seeing the disappointment on your child's face when you take the costume away . . .

4.0 out of 5 stars Dorothy sequined costume, 13 Jan 2010
E. Woname "mum3k" (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Dorothy Dress, 26 May 2011
Costume is made of good quality fabric. Sequins are stuck on and a few of these came off on their own.
Dress is on the large size. There is a sticker which states American size 8-10 yrs!
Cannot comment on how this will clean.

Will put away until daughter gets older.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Without Its Problems...., 3 July 2013
Ms J. Redican (UK) - See all my reviews
There are times when I wish for the ability to award 'half stars', and this was one of those! I was a bit torn between awarding 3 and 4 stars, but plumped for 3 in the end for a few reasons.

Overall it is a reasonable quality item, in fact I have purchased worse quality 'real clothes' for my daughters! It seems well stitched, and has been washed a few times now without any adverse effects.

My biggest 'issues' with it are the sizing, which is very much on the big side; My daughter is petite for her age (9), but even though this dress fits length wise, it is HUGE in the body. She wears it anyway as its only a 'fancy dress/play' item, but I really wish the manufacturers had added a little bit of ribbon at either side of the waist, or even some elasticated smocking at the back to draw it in a bit and make it a better fit. The blue part of the bodice tends to fall forwards as well as it is so large on my daughter. So I knocked a star off for that reason.

My second 'issue' is the 'sequins'...For a start they aren't what I think of when I think 'sequin'; they are more like small stickers applied to the fabric. This really wouldn't be a problem for me if they didn't keep dropping off all over the place! Every time my daughter has worn this I have found the flaming things everywhere for days afterward. Aside from being a nuisance, this obviously means that at some point it will be bald of 'sequins'...I waited a couple of months before writing this review to see if the initial 'droppage' was just because it was new, but if anything the sequins seem to fall off more now than they did at the start! This would've been my half-star moan, but given that I either had to not knock any stars off for it or knock off a whole one, it had to be a whole one! xD

Overall it is a decent product, and my daughter loves it, but I would bear these issues in mind if you are thinking of purchasing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty wee dress, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Girls Wizard of Oz Dorothy Fancy Dress Costume (Toy)
I stuggled choosing a Dorothy costume as there was 3 online and I didn't know what one to pick. In the end I went for this one and I am so pleased I did. The picture does not do it justice, it's a lovely wee outfit and my 3 yr old adores it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dorothy Wizard of Oz costume, 3 Feb 2011
Mrs. Oriel G. Bayliss (South Wales - UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls Wizard of Oz Dorothy Fancy Dress Costume (Toy)
A very pretty dress, a bit over-priced in my opinion but my grand-daughter loves it. It's all sparkly you see!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for World Book Day, 11 Mar 2013
Bought this for my 10 year old daughter to wear for school for World Book Day. I was very happy with it. The dress is very generous in size and looks beautiful on. Excellent delivery as always from Amazon. She was the best Dorothy at school!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great costume, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Girls Wizard of Oz Dorothy Fancy Dress Costume (Toy)
Really good value for money. Well made and worth every penny my 3 year old loved it. Plenty of room left for to grow by adjusting the button on straps

4.0 out of 5 stars Dorothy Costume, 4 Aug 2012
Sharon M. Torpey "SMT" (London) - See all my reviews
My daughter loved this costume. It was more sparkly than expected and fitted well. It even came with two hair bows

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sizing and superfast delivery, 18 Oct 2012
Dorothy Fancy Dress Costume - The Wizard of Oz(TM) (child size) - Medium I ordered this for my 6 year old on Wednesday evening and it arrived on Thursday. She is absolutely delighted with it. She is on the small side, so it is a little big on her, but it fits well and will last a while. It is perfect for her needs and is reasonably good quality for the price.