5.0 out of 5 stars Educational - without the kids realising!
Published on 24 Oct 2008 by Ms Bookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars Brain Box World edition
Bought to play on holiday with my 10 & 14 year old boys. Well presented, good quality cards. Game itself is okay but i wouldn't go higher. If you're looking for a game that is a bit educational and is reasonably priced then its fine but we didn't find it that stimulating or exciting and really after a couple of goes it sat unused and we played UNO. Perhaps some of the...
Published 15 months ago by Ian Millward

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational - without the kids realising!, 24 Oct 2008
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
Amazing - an educational game that my children don't mind playing! My 6 and 9 year old love this. You have 10 seconds in which to memorise as much information as possible about a country - flags, towns, exports etc. Then you roll a dice and have to answer a numbered question about the country. That's all there is to it. If you answer correctly, you keep the card for that country. The person with the most number of cards at the end of the game wins. If I sat down and quizzed my children on their knowledge of flags, towns, countries, they'd find it really dull. For some reason the egg-timer and dice turn this into a fun game for them. What a find!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present for 9yr old, 16 Oct 2009
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
We bought this game for my son's 9th birthday having no knowledge of it prior to seeing it here on Amazon. We read the previous reviews and thought for the price it was worth a shot. (Sick of the toy cupboard full of games which promise "hours of fun" etc which never get played) This little box is brilliant! Our son is very much into factual learning at the moment and the wide variety of questions from colours on a flag to border countries and animals makes it a really great game for all. The cards seem very durable being made of thick card and the language used is good for helping with reading/vocabulary. Even Grandma with her great general knowledge has fun yet there are still enough challenges to keep it interesting. The 10 minute rule has to be stretched as we so enjoy it that we keep going for another 10. It is compact portable and simple which is great for traveling and means you can pick it up anytime there are a few spare minutes which entertains board kids. We have been so impressed that we are going to buying some more for gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good buy, 29 Jan 2009
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
i bought this as a christmas gift for my 9 year old grand-daughter and she loves this and she is also learning as the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great supplemental learning tool, 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
I bought this as a supplement to my esl classes. I had bought the Math BrainBox first, but found it a bit too specialized. The World Brain Box is wonderful. The cards are very durable, full of colors, the pictures are well done and the captions very clear. The box itself is very inviting and my students can't wait to finish the main part of the lesson so that they can play and there are really interesting facts about each country that intrigue them. The ten seconds that the game allows to 'memorize' as many of the facts on the cards as possible is pretty dauting, but I just turn over the timer a couple of times so that they can absorb more. In any case, they improve quickly as they get the nack of the game. It's a different way to work on their comprehension as they have to listen carefully to the questions I ask. With the younger ones I'll ask questions I'm pretty sure they can answer and leave out the more difficult ones, with the older ones, they get whichever question the dice calls for!
I'm really pleased with the addition. I've used it for all of my students, which means from 9-year-olds to adults. With the adults I let them read the questions themselves so it's not so much a test but a way to learn that's less intimidating. Once you go through all the cards it's probably time to move on to something else, but there are a lot of cards and if you have a lot of students, or your children are perfectionists and like to repeat them, it's a very worthwhile investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real fun and educational at the same time!, 5 Feb 2009
Trader "danigreg2000" (Bucks, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
I bought this for the children for Christmas and we're still playing with it. It's a lot of fun and the fact that the aim of the game is who wins the most number of cards in 10 min., means that you can have little sessions of it, so it's appropriate for children whose attention span is limited. It's fun because one might get the same card but different questions according to the number shown on the die. I'm thinking of getting some other ones from the series. Educational. Good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, educational game!, 3 Aug 2009
J. Gordon (Stirling, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
I bought this for my 8 yr old daughter and we play it with her 10 yr old brother. They both find it fun and interesting.
I am pleased with it because it is about observation and remembering things about various countries, including flags, national emblems etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, 11 April 2009
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
My daughter (8) and her friends all love this game - they'll need to be able to read well enough to read the questions and answers, and adults may know the answers without having to reference the cards.
All in all, though, great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Family Entertainment, 12 Feb 2009
A. Ellson (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
The BrainBox All Around the World game is good fun for all ages. We played together as a family after a long lazy lunch, my daughter aged 9 and my parents in their 70's. We all got some right & some wrong so not too easy or too hard for anyone. Recommended for when the more energetic games get a bit too much & brilliant for geography homework.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 7 Aug 2009
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
The game is fun and you can learn a lot... Although is kind of repetitive because there is no too much cards! It is really instructive and helps you get some knowledge about different cultures!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brain box, 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
Read the reviews so bought it for my 7 year old daughter she loves testing out all the adults. She is dyslexic but is learning about the countries due to the visual nature of the cards.

BrainBox - The World
BrainBox - The World by The Green Board Game Co.