5.0 out of 5 stars Welly Boot on Steroids
I was going to get the Hunter Sovereigns as Amazon do them relatively cheaply, but I kept on reading negative reviews about Hunter quality generally, so didn't feel like wasting my money. Anyway, after quite a lot of searching I decided on these and am very pleased.

Published on 16 July 2011 by E. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
Published 21 months ago by moonraker girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Welly Boot on Steroids, 16 July 2011
E. Smith (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Straight out of the box they just feel big, solid and purposeful. They're an inch or so higher than my last wellies, but what you notice right away is the chunkiness of the sole and the thickness of the neoprene lining. When you put them on, it's almost like walking in slippers, so cushioned is the sole.

The thick neoprene lining gives extra cushioning and also insulation for those cold winter days when you might be out for quite a while.

They just seem like a different league compared to normal wellies and must be much more value for money than the much more expensive leather lined boots you see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great when it's cold, 18 Dec 2010
Bought these originally for a summer trip to Spitzbergen. They were ideal for this, able to clamber out of a zodiak into the surf for landings, but then a warm and comfortable boot to walk in, even for long distances.
This makes them an ideal winter wellie, no more cold feet! Excellent quality, have been going a few years now. Can be too warm for summer use, however.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moved from Hunter - Really chuffed., 19 April 2012
croftonstorage (Carlisle, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
Review Jan 2013 Purchase

After owning Hunters for some time, I finally decided to make a change. The quality of Hunter boots we have bought seems to have dropped so much now that they're a "fashion" item; it's unreal. The last decent pair I had were Argylls from around 2004.

So I've tried Aigle:

- They are not cheap, but they are excellent quality.
- These have the red spongy lining, which is great in cold weather, and has stayed clean.
- Inside the heel is a little grippy rubber pad. Without this, when you lift your heel in the normal course of walking, your heel would slip upwards on the neoprene. This pad stops this, but if you are wearing short socks, it can have the effect of allowing the heel to slip upwards a little, and just pulling your sock down on your heel. That said, any "normal" sock (sports sock or longer) will be fine.
- They're very comfortable, even for longer walks.
- The 'walking boot' sole is very grippy; they feel very sturdy.

Overall, if you are wearing boots a lot, these would be a great investment. If you are on occaisional wearer, perhaps a cheaper pair would be better value. I will be avoiding Hunter until they get their manufacturing standards sorted, and the quality reviews pick up again.

UPDATE Apr 2013

Bought these in Jan 2012, now had them for over twelve months. I wear these boots at some point pretty-much every day, and they are as comfortable and sturdy as the day I first put them on. They're just an excellent product.

Through floods/snow/ice and who knows what else last winter, I woudn't have swapped these for any boots I have ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far great!, 7 July 2012
J. Norfolk "Norfy" (UK) - See all my reviews
I have been walking in wellies for 9 years nearly twice a day every day so I went very quickly from cheap wellies to the more 'walking shoe' wellie. For some reason you think you should not spend a lot on wellies but I decided things had to change and really I should be paying more for foot wear I wore every single day of the year (lots of streams and muddy paths and long wet grass in the summer). I have had various different Muck Boot wellies for the last 6 years and none have got passed a year (this is including walking up to 13 miles in them and walking on roads some times). Saying that all previous wellies lasted 3 months! And Muck Boots are very comfortable and warm (the best being the Tay). They are just a little bit wide for my feet so I looked at loads of reviews and came up with Aigle's. These fit much more snug and feel very comfy and I know I will be able to walk miles in them with the walking boot last that they have. I am a size 6.5 and I bought the 6.5 which fit really well and I think I could squeeze a pair of thick socks in them if necessary but as with the muck boots even in the deepest snow the neoprene lining keeps you warm so probably wont be needing to. On that, they may be a bit warm in the summer if we ever get one!!!I will review again to see how long they last as they were more expensive I am hoping for at least 2 years! which would be money very well spent for the benefit of my feet! Sorry for the essay but I found comprehensive reviews helpful. Came very promptly and well packaged too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault 'em, excellent value, 12 Nov 2011
I bought my first pair of Aigle Iso Parcours boots in 2002 because I wanted a thick sole and a warm waterproof boot. They were really put to the test on the wild west coast of Scotland, being worn for dog walks at least twice a day. After about two years the rubber on the top of the foot started to perish and leak. I returned them, by post, to the vendor who replaced them without question. They even sent a smaller size by request. (I did find the sizes ran rather large.)

Nine years on I still own and use the replacements, although less so these days, and they remain comfortable, supportive, warm and in good condition. They are a good alternative to walking boots if you know you're going to get wet.

Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 15 Oct 2012
Have had these wellies for 3 weeks & agree with all the 5 star reviews,they are absolutely FANTASTIC.I had been wearing Hunter adjustable wellies for a while but was having problems with pain on the balls of my feet, these wellies have a much thicker sole & more padding & after a week of wearing them the pain disappeared. They look & feel very robust, are amazingly comfortable & very warm. I wear them 3 times a day to walk my dogs and it is now a pleasure rather than pain. Ordered my usual size & there is plenty of room for thick socks too.I have a high instep but find it easier to take these off than Hunters, also I have wide calves which was my only reservation before ordering but found a website which had the measurements.
THE GUSSET GIVES AN EXTRA 6CM TO THE FOLLOWING WIDTHS.
SIZE 36 -380mm
SIZE 37 -385mm
SIZE 38 -390mm
SIZE 39 -395mm
SIZE 40 -400mm
SIZE 41 -405mm
(and so on)
Hope this is helpful for others like me!

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 8 Nov 2012
These Aigles were highly recommended by a friend, who has had hers for over 9 years, worn for dog walking in the country. The walking boot sole and warm Neoprene lining, was a strong selling point. So I splashed out and bought them, having never before paid more than 15 for wellies. They looked good and felt comfortable, but on first wearing, both boots leaked. I am very disappointed, especially as I understood Aigle to be the top quality brand, so was prepared to pay for it. Amazon are replacing them, so hopefully the new boots will live up to their name.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing wellingtons !!!!!!, 11 Sep 2012
having had these wellingtons nearly 12 months ive decided id now write my review given some time has passed and i have well and truely put them through there paces.
there very well made boots, pretty light considers the amount of material thats used to construct them. they have very good grip with self cleaning cleats (although i never really paid much attention to the self cleaning bit), and ive never fallen or slipped on heavy mud hillsides or embankments.
the thermal properties of the boot are simply superb. even in severe minus tempretures the boot always gave me that pulsating warm feeling inside the boot. be warned they can get very hot in the warmer months due to the neoprene doing its job perfectly.
i really liked the cushioning inside them. they reminded me of a comfy pair of slippers! i work at game fairs off and on throughout the year and i have to say being stood up for the best part of 12 hours a day is hard work on the feet, but with these boots on, it was actualy fairly easy due to that cushioning.
i paid 90 on here, but the price fluctuates so keep an eye on them to grab a bargain. im guessing the price will go up as winter approaches. cheapest i could find was 110 at a game fair. they are expensive for a wellington, but they will last a lifetime with proper care. and you cant put a price on warm dry feet in winter.
there that good, the whole family have them now !!

i highly recommend them !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wellies!, 26 Jun 2012
After getting very achy feet with normal wellies, decide to buy a pair of Aigles as recommended by my dog walking friends - what a difference, cannot believe how comfy they are, more like wearing walking boots not wellies! They don't slip or flop about like cheaper wellies do and I can even wear normal socks without them disappearing under my feet. Bought a size 5, which is the same as my normal shoe size and fit perfectly with a little room to spare for thicker socks if needed. The warm lining will be great in the cold weather, feet should be nice and snug! The adjustable strap at the top is a good idea when wearing different thickness jeans etc. Would recommend these to anyone who does long dog walks through lanes and fields as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Jun 2012
These wellies are so comfy and they are very well made. The sizing is right and they are exactly as described. My last pair of these has lasted 8 years lets hope these last as long. Brilliant !!!!