Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 November 2007
Daft Punk are usually regarded as a 'dance' act but the truth is that, whilst they know how to make great house music, they long since transcended any trend or genre. I was lucky enough to witness them headline the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, London as part of the Alive 2007 Tour and they ABSOLUTELY BLEW MY MIND!! I'm not just saying that for affect...I have honestly never seen such a great live show. Completely original and totally brilliant.

This live set consists of snatches of HOMEWORK, DISCOVERY and the under-rated HUMAN AFTER ALL (Daft Punk's three classic and ground-breaking studio albums) mixed and mashed up almost like a DJ set but better than any DJ set you could begin to imagine. And arguably, some of the tracks sound better live than recorded - more bass, more energy.

And by some stroke of crazy genius, this recording (of the show at Bercy in Paris in June 2007) truly manages to capture the noise, ferocious energy and sheer massiveness of the Daft Punk live experience. You just have to hear it and hear it loud.
on 28 June 2008
Although I would never have declared myself a Daft Punk fan I have always been aware of them and their more popular tracks. Then one day a friend of mine told me this was the best album he had heard for an age - much septisism followed - then another friend heaped much of the same praise upon it too; so I bought it.

I had to agree with them.

From start to finish it is simply flows from killer tune, to irresistable hook back to another amazing tune. If you want people up and dancing in any situation this is the album for you.

Even the slower, less strong portions feel as if they are simply giving you a rest from the manic bouncing and shape pulling you will have shamed yourself with.

This album is the majority of DP's better tracks mashed, cut and fused together - doing a better job than any supposed best of - to make arguably the best dance record of all time.

Due to this album Daft Punk are a priorty "Must See" band. Simply, if you like good tunes, a bit of bass and want to step away from the overplayed indie scene - then this is the alum for you.
on 27 November 2007

on 5 March 2008
Simply the best!

I have every CD & DVD released by Daft Punk & this is by far the best ever (why it got deleted & then re-issued in such a short space of time I don't know?).
What makes this extra special is the fact that it's recorded in the artist's home town of Bercy (near Paris) in June 2007 so they've really pulled out all the stops to make this fantastic!
Please be aware when you listen that this is NOT a DJ set where Daft Punk are simply mixing a few of their own songs together. They actually somehow reconstructed all the tracks as they are performing with each song sounding very similar to the original recording but completely different.

Even if you've already got Homework, Discovery etc you'll absolutely love this live performance!
on 11 February 2008
This is not my typical current listening but it is fantastic, better even as a live document than Kraftwerk's Minimum Maximum, better than the studio originals and mixed together in a totally innovative way. I am already on my second copy having given the first away to a deserving friend - like a previous reviewer said "Play loud!".
on 25 May 2012
I bought this having enjoyed most of it on Spotify - so I knew what I was getting. This album contains some great music, I find it particularly good as background music whilst working or playing games. Some of the tracks are a bit of a miss when compared to some of the truly fantastic tracks on the album however I acknowledge this is personal choice. If you haven't heard the album be aware that the tracks are mash-ups of the songs mentioned, not simply one seguing into the other. This works so well for some of the Daft Punk well known tracks with the lesser known but it does mean Aerodynamic makes (a little too) frequent appearence.

A great album to zone out to but it's rare that I don't skip a track or two
on 10 May 2011
...in this case I make an exception because Daft Punk are so much different live than they are on record. Well worth a listen whether you've seen them live or not. All their best known songs are on here, mixed altogether of course.
on 19 November 2007
Daft Punk have revitalised the live dance show.The scene has become so full of two-a-penny talentless djs (Bob Sinclair,Eric Prydz) that its understandable that many people feel that dance is dead,and seeing a dj mix live is the equivalant of watching someone send emails while standing behind a bunch of flickering neon signs.Daft Punk will change these naysayers minds,and then some.For those of us lucky enough to have seen the duo perform during their Alive 06/07 tours,you know the deal.There is some incredible mixing to be seen (Around The World/Harder Better Faster Stronger for example) and some inspired mashup versions of some of the bands less well known tracks (Television Rules The Nation/Crescendolls is absolutely stunning).The crowd noise is very welcome too,not inpingeing upon the listeners enjoyment one bit,some of the yells the delighted audience gave (the continuous shouts of 'ho!' throughout Da Funk/Daftendirekt are both amusing and oddly musical) are almost robotic in their pitch-perfection.Ironic really,considering whos on stage.

1.Robot Rock/Oh Yeah 5/5
11.Da Funk/Daftendirekt 5/5
12.Superheroes/Human After All/Rock 'n Roll 5/5

Encore:5/5
on 7 January 2008
This CD is a diamond amongst dung heaps, a Cristal amongst Cava, a Lamborghini amongst Ladas- are you getting the picture?
This is quite simply a must have purchase for anyone who has even a semblance of fondness for daft punk. I was fortunate enough to see them at the (what appeared to be)indian summer that was Rock Ness last year. They refused to play on the larger outdoor stage choosing instead to play their set in the smaller capacity tent because they didn't want to dilute the carefully orchestrated light show which runs in tandem with the set- thank god they did as my mrs and i were treated to one of the best concert/DJ experiences either of us has ever seen. Along with a chosen few thousand we witnessed a duo who were at the pinnacle of their game, effortlessly lifting the crowd to a giddy mix of euphoria and awe in equal measure with their well crafted tunes.
This CD takes me back to the "top of my head coming off" feeling i experienced that night- i played it in the car the day i got it and shouted so loud when they dropped in a tune that the guy next to me just smiled!
If you like them, you should buy this, if your partner likes them- buy them this and they wil love you for ever. If you have a friend that loves music but might not have been too into this type of music normally -buy them it too-i have found it has practicaly biblical powers of conversion to the "way of the punk!"
on 20 May 2010
I'll admit it: I'm a live album luddite, a hater if you will.

I can't bear how the live albums consist of songs that have already been released, mangled by a new arrangement, muddied by bad acoustics and knackered musicians and sullied by a chanting mob whooping out the greatest hits in a toe-curlingly out of tune manner. To quote a stand up comedian my attitude could best be described as "make it sound like it does on the album.... no tricks!".

I am also a big Daft Punk fan, they have done great things and their space in my album collection is virtually hallowed ground. I can only point you to the infectious optimistic delight that is Discovery as proof.

Imagine my surprise when I found that the Daft Punk live album that I listened to with such trepidation was actually possibly the pinnacle of their recorded career.
They have taken tracks from Homework, Discovery and Human After All ripped them apart and put them back together as a sprawling beast of compelling driving beats lifted up and given focus and direction by fantastic tunes from all over their previous work.

Make no mistake, this is much more than the sum of its parts and a truly great album, live or not.