on 2 September 2009
I bought this pump as I wanted a double electric pump and this was the most reasonably priced by far. The pump is easy to assemble, use and keep clean. I have been using the pump to exclusively express my milk as I found breast feeding too difficult with such a hungry baby.

Double pumping obviously halves the time needed to express but this pump also lets you pump one breast at a time if preferred.

Another feature that I like is you can control the suction. You can adjust the power according to your preference. Spare parts are also easily obtainable should they be required.

It's lightweight, can be plugged into an electrical outlet and can also run on batteries. This makes it very portable.

There are two minor negative points. Firstly the suction has only one speed and is not designed to stimulate let-down. The other is that the pump is slightly noisy, however as expressing tends to be done in private I have not found this to be too much of a problem.

In conclusion, I am very satisfied with this product. It does a very efficient job of collecting precious breastmilk.
on 8 December 2009
Delivery was good and the machine works great cant fault it , it was the same as I was lent from the midwife and they said it was great for the money comparted to other more expensive pumps. Would definitely rcommend it
on 21 July 2011
I bought this pump second hand from a friend who had stopped breast feeding as she'd got on with it well. Being a double pump I thought that I could express in half the time of my usual manual single pump, but how wrong was I?

I didn't have any issue with reliability like other reviews but it is EXTREMELY noisy so I'd have to take myself as far away from my sleeping baby as I could so as not to disturb him with the noise. The other issue was that sometimes the tubes that connected the bottle to the machine would fall off leaving the machine making even more noise and being rendered useless until I connected it back up again. It was also quite difficult to get it set up, once attached to your breast correctly the suction keeps it in place, but until then it's a bit of a juggling act to hold all the parts plus you had to sit very close to the machine or the connecting tubes wouldn't reach.

The main issue that I found is that the sucking motion is not very natural, it just tugs on your left nipple, then on the right in a repetative motion, I felt like Daisy the cow being milked at the dairy farm!! Needless to say that I got a very disapointing amount of milk from it.

Maybe mothers with a larger milk supply wouldn't have an issue, but the instructions advised not to use for more than 10-15 minutes at a time and on some occasions my milk hadn't even started to flow!! I'd generally have to start myself off manually or with my other pump which to me just defeats the object.
on 7 February 2015
Product as described! Thanks a lot!
on 21 April 2010
I bought this product after my first child and at first i thought it was great but found out it was the worst product ever. I didn't particular mind the noise but to spend 70GBP and not use the product for up to one month is totally unacceptable. I got this product together with another friend of mine and both stopped working after 3 weeks. I returned the product to Medela who replaced it with a new one. Unfortunately, the same thing happened again. The new product stopped working again after one month but this time medela refused to replace the product because there were scratches on the machine. Their advise to me was that it was meant for ocassional use which they interpreted as once a week. The only problem was that they didn't mention that important detail in the instructions manual.
on 27 February 2011
I bought this at short notice after my Medela Swing packed in. Thought I would go for a double electric pump as I was finding it very time consuming trying to express 200ml per day using a single pump (manual or electric).

Pump arrived the day after I bought it, and it was very easy to set-up and use.

Pros: managed to express in just 10 minutes, easy to put together
Cons: didn't quite manage to express same amount as Medela Swing, and very hard to change the controls whilst pumping

I used the pump every day for about a month - some other reviews suggest the pump isn't suitable for daily use. Whilst I only used it for a month, the motor is still fine. Regardless, there is nothing in the instruction manual to suggest that the pump shouldn't be used daily (in fact the cleaning instructions suggest people would use it more than once per day), so if the motor did wear out within the 12 month warranty period I think Medela would find it very difficult to refuse to replace or fix the motor just because it was used daily.

If I was buying again, then I would buy it for short-term use, but I would go for a more expensive pump if planning to use for more than four months.
on 29 June 2011
I bought this pump for my daughter. At first she was very pleased with it. It was efficient and she was using it several times daily. It is a bit noisy but the noise sent the baby off to sleep so that was OK. However after about two months the pump suddenly lost suction. Amazon replaced it immediately but the replacement developed the same fault after just two weeks. A nightmare when you are relying on expressing milk for your baby. The second time amazon refused to send a replacement despite the 12 month warranty but did give a refund. The only problem being that the original was bought when there was an offer on and therefore the refund did not cover the replacement cost. However we decided to go for another make since this one had let us down twice.
on 15 December 2010
all i can say is i am so happy with this product bcould not ask for better, well worth the money
on 22 December 2011
I bought this make as it was recommended by the hospital but i did have a problem with the first one as the suction stopped working but they replaced it straight away no problem and this one is working fine it is really good i would definatly recommend this.