5.0 out of 5 stars The Making of Satmap, 14 July 2009
This review is from: Satmap Regions 1:50000 (Sports)
The standout feature of the satmap is its ability to give you your position on the wonderful O.S landranger (1:50000) and Explorer (1:25000)series mapping. O.S mapping is amongst, if not the, greatest map series in the world. The regional series for satmap in particular are of great value due to the fact that you may not need the whole of GB and need regions outside of the three "halves". I have SE, SW England and NW scotland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough scale for fell running, 12 April 2009
This review is from: Satmap Regions 1:50000 (Sports)
I bought this with the Satmap Active 10 to use for the Wuthering Hike fell race which covers 34 miles over the Yorkshire fells. To cover the route using the 1:25,000 scale would have cost far too much so I went for the 1:50,000. I could easily plot the route using that scale and then follow it during the race. Unless you want mega detail then 1:50,000 is fine. The Northern England map that I got covers the Lake District and all the fells that I normally run on. To cover that with the 1:25,000 would cost something ridiculous. The cost of the maps is my only gripe with this system. Other than that, the whole thing is a fantastic investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Tool for Walkers & Cyclists, 22 April 2010
Big Kid (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Satmap Regions 1:50000 (Sports)
Very happy with my SatMap & this SD Digital Map (Surrey) allows me to get the best out of the equipment. Already been on a number of trips which have been enhanced by using this GPS system. Rather than relying on a map & compass, we can see exactly where we are on the SatMap and make decisions on where to go next and how to get there! I'm a big fan of "useful" gadgets and this is VERY useful!

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a Satmap Active 10+ - and live in Wales, 22 Mar 2012
This review is from: Satmap Regions 1:50000 (Sports)
This is an essential set of maps for Wales for the Satmap 10. I hike and geocache; and wanted something a bit better for the area then the standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good maps, 8 Jan 2011
Mrs. J. Owen (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Satmap Regions 1:50000 (Sports)
These maps for the Sat map are great for walking and cycling, and we have a few now. We tend to buy them as presents for each other as they are quiet expensive compared to the paper equivalent.

Satmap Regions 1:50000 NE Scotland