Price:£1.50+ £0.99 shipping

on 9 November 2009
I had terrible problems with a smelly washing maching that no end of cleaning all accessable surfaces would cure. One sachet of Oust and it was all sweet and clear!
on 13 August 2010
This item saved us a fortune in having to call out a washing machine/dishwasher engineer. Unclogged both items with just one use, handy as it contained two sachets.
on 12 June 2011
Oust Washing Machine and Dishwasher Cleaner 2x75g
This cleaner was the only product able to clear the 'stale water' smell coming from our washing machine and it did the job to perfection. 100% to Oust.
on 11 April 2011
We live in a hard water area, so have long grown accustomed to the problems of limescale in our kitchen appliances. Our dishwasher was looking very sorry for itself so we gave it a once over with this. It now sparkles as if it was new. Unfortunately it can do nothing for the broken wheel runners, but other than that, for dish washers at least, this is very effective.

You get two sachets for your money. To clean, just pour the contents of one of them into the empty dishwashwe, and wash on an ordinary cycle.

According to the packaging, this is suitable for all makes of dishwasher. If you are using on a washing machine, be aware that it is suitable for front loading automatic machines only.
on 23 May 2012
Like everyone else on here my washing machine was also smelling bad. I put a packet of Oust in and instead of running it on 60 I put it on a 95 degree wash. It's been two hours since it finished and so far so good. Smell is gone! I washed my soap drawer with a toothbrush and some bleach just to make sure everything was clean. I am leaving the door wide open for the night just to make sure it gets some air and hopefully it will still smell fresh in the morning. I never had this problem until I started doing my laundry on a cooler temperature so I think I will start doing my whites on 95 degrees again and using Oust once every three months.. hopefully this will save me from having to buy a new washing machine. UPDATE: The smell came back after a week...not sure what to do next. I have always had water softeners installed in my previous homes but not this one (£600 was getting a bit too much for me) and I think this is what had saved me from this horrible smell and it kept all my appliances limescale free(sink,shower,washer etc...) not to mention the difference on your hair and skin. I should be the spokes person for water softeners...."Buy one and save not only your appliances but your looks too!"
on 5 July 2010
This product cleans your washing machine completely leaving no smell or odour. We tried all the alternatives except the expensive ones and non of them worked but this does. Buy it! its a bargin.
on 23 September 2011
I live in a hard water area and it looked like our 7 year old washing machine would need replacing as I couldn't get rid of the damp water smell or gunk that must surely be inside it. Having to wash my husbands Sunday league football teams whole kit weekly has not helped matters either. I've tried soda crystals, high temp washes with no load inside the machine and various other washing machine cleaners and one that even claimed to be used by professional washing machine repair men, but these only gave minimal results. Tried this product, as I use this brand on our kettle for de-scaling, and it has worked a treat. I'm really happy and pleased that I have been able to salvage our washing machine! I will now keep using to maintain the washing machine.
on 14 February 2013
This cleared up the smell in my washing machine............Remember in future to leave the door to the washing machine/dishwasher open as if left closed then this is what causes the smell in the first place as the water left in machine stagnates. Good job
on 20 October 2011
Interesting that this item is sold as "cleaner" both in the description and product photo but the item that actually arrives is clearly labelled as "Descaler" with a small reference on the reverse of the packet that it also cleans. I thought the wrong item had been sent but the Amazon bar code stuck to the box references cleaner so the picker was correct. Nevertheless we ran it though the machine and the slightly mouldy, musty smell that could also be smelt on washed clothes has now disappeared so I think it was a worthwhile buy. Will use the 2nd sachet in 3 months as per the instructions.
on 5 March 2014
Washing machine repair man recommended I use this to descale my washing machine and clean it. Have used it regularly for years and it does a good job - gets rid of scale, cleans machine and makes it smell better