5.0 out of 5 stars Clearns away those nasty niffs
I had terrible problems with a smelly washing maching that no end of cleaning all accessable surfaces would cure. One sachet of Oust and it was all sweet and clear!
Published on 9 Nov 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars SMELLS IN WASHING MACHINES
I used this product as the instructions suggested, but the smell in my washing machine was still there. I dosed it again with the second packet, but this time set the machine to wash at 90 degrees (not 60 degrees as the instructions stated). This time the smell was gone.

It worked to some degree, but would try another similar product next time.
Published on 14 Sep 2010 by Jo

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearns away those nasty niffs, 9 Nov 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars UNCLOGED, 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler
This item saved us a fortune in having to call out a washing machine/dishwasher engineer. Unclogged both items with just one use, handy as it contained two sachets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought our dishwasher up a treat!, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler
We live in a hard water area, so have long grown accustomed to the problems of limescale in our kitchen appliances. Our dishwasher was looking very sorry for itself so we gave it a once over with this. It now sparkles as if it was new. Unfortunately it can do nothing for the broken wheel runners, but other than that, for dish washers at least, this is very effective.

You get two sachets for your money. To clean, just pour the contents of one of them into the empty dishwashwe, and wash on an ordinary cycle.

According to the packaging, this is suitable for all makes of dishwasher. If you are using on a washing machine, be aware that it is suitable for front loading automatic machines only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oust Washing Machine & Dishwasher Cleaner, 12 Jun 2011
C. W. Rix (Exeter, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
Oust Washing Machine and Dishwasher Cleaner 2x75g
This cleaner was the only product able to clear the 'stale water' smell coming from our washing machine and it did the job to perfection. 100% to Oust.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked! and then it didn't..., 23 May 2012
This review is from: Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler
Like everyone else on here my washing machine was also smelling bad. I put a packet of Oust in and instead of running it on 60 I put it on a 95 degree wash. It's been two hours since it finished and so far so good. Smell is gone! I washed my soap drawer with a toothbrush and some bleach just to make sure everything was clean. I am leaving the door wide open for the night just to make sure it gets some air and hopefully it will still smell fresh in the morning. I never had this problem until I started doing my laundry on a cooler temperature so I think I will start doing my whites on 95 degrees again and using Oust once every three months.. hopefully this will save me from having to buy a new washing machine. UPDATE: The smell came back after a week...not sure what to do next. I have always had water softeners installed in my previous homes but not this one (600 was getting a bit too much for me) and I think this is what had saved me from this horrible smell and it kept all my appliances limescale free(sink,shower,washer etc...) not to mention the difference on your hair and skin. I should be the spokes person for water softeners...."Buy one and save not only your appliances but your looks too!"

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleaner or Descaler?, 20 Oct 2011
David Charge (Cambridge, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler
Interesting that this item is sold as "cleaner" both in the description and product photo but the item that actually arrives is clearly labelled as "Descaler" with a small reference on the reverse of the packet that it also cleans. I thought the wrong item had been sent but the Amazon bar code stuck to the box references cleaner so the picker was correct. Nevertheless we ran it though the machine and the slightly mouldy, musty smell that could also be smelt on washed clothes has now disappeared so I think it was a worthwhile buy. Will use the 2nd sachet in 3 months as per the instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler
I live in a hard water area and it looked like our 7 year old washing machine would need replacing as I couldn't get rid of the damp water smell or gunk that must surely be inside it. Having to wash my husbands Sunday league football teams whole kit weekly has not helped matters either. I've tried soda crystals, high temp washes with no load inside the machine and various other washing machine cleaners and one that even claimed to be used by professional washing machine repair men, but these only gave minimal results. Tried this product, as I use this brand on our kettle for de-scaling, and it has worked a treat. I'm really happy and pleased that I have been able to salvage our washing machine! I will now keep using to maintain the washing machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Washing machine cleaning, 5 July 2010
This review is from: Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler
This product cleans your washing machine completely leaving no smell or odour. We tried all the alternatives except the expensive ones and non of them worked but this does. Buy it! its a bargin.

3.0 out of 5 stars SMELLS IN WASHING MACHINES, 14 Sep 2010
Jo (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler

It worked to some degree, but would try another similar product next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUST DISHWASHER & WASHING MACHINE DESCALER, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler
after trying out all manner of fluids and powder etc including a magic wand, i tried this Oust product to get rid of an awful smell which had pervaded our washing machine, before using OUST the smell would not go away, nothing would get rid of the offending pong, i put two sachets of OUST in the washer as suggested and guess what, we've now got the sweetest smelling washing machine in the world. GONE IS THE PONG.
OUST is the only thing that did the job and did it extremely well, i will ONLY buy this OUST in future, we have also used it on the dishwasher, Brilliant results.
i wrote this review after about three months of using OUST and i can promise you the pong HAS NOT RETURNED.
i wonder if they do something similar for my Dogs? only joking.