5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and easy to pump
We used it for the camping and when having guests at home and all found the airbed fairly comfortable. We pumped it with a turbo hairdryer (top tip from a friend) and it was ready in less than 2-3 minutes.
Published on 20 Sept. 2009 by Tav Nok

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this airbed -- it's a disappointment
Published on 6 Jun. 2010 by espinasseur

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this airbed -- it's a disappointment, 6 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed (Sports)
I bought one from Amazon and took it to France. It did not remain pumped up and after one night's use, we had to borrow an ordinary mattress from a neighbour! While still in France, we contacted Amazon and, to their credit, Amazon agreed to refund the money once the mattress was returned to them -- but it was so much hassle trying to fold the mattress back into a manangeable shape (so as to transport it back to the UK) that we decided to abandon it in France. A real disappointment! There are two basic problems with this Gelert double flock airbed : first, it is very, VERY hard to inflate (it takes an hour or two and it's really hard, tiring leg work!) and secondly, once inflated, it does not remain so for even one night at a time!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not stay inflated long, 20 July 2009
Cottagelover (Gloucester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed (Sports)
I initially gave it a 5 star rating but I have just thrown out this airbed after 2 camping trips as it does not stay inflated for more than a few hours. The screw cap that is used to deflate the airbed doesnt screw on tight enough so air continually escapes.It is a very comfy bed when its up but the amount of repumping we did means I won't be buying an airbed from Gelert again.

But apart from that the item arrived well within the time estimated and came nicely packaged so thats why it gets 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and easy to pump, 20 Sept. 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but deflates over night, 31 May 2010
K J Noakes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed (Sports)
Bought two of these and I think the valve does not seal great.

Slept on them for two nights and both went down significantly.

One had three small kids sleeping on it and mine had two adults, in the morning my shoulder was touching the floor when I lay on my side.

I have tried a third night, and really almost abused the valve when I tightened it up and this time it still went down, but not as much.

Don't have experience of more expensive ones to know if they are better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gelert Airbed, 16 July 2011
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed (Sports)
This is a standard airbed, and probably the best value currently as long as it lasts for more than one camping season. I have found I have had to replace a little too frequently because of slow leaks etc.(not specifically the Gerlert brand). This mattress appears to have an improved air-lock/stopper and it appears to be a little lighter and easier to pack than former examples.
My 5 stars are conditional upon the mattress proving to have greater longevity than previous products!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 16 Sept. 2012
Andy L (Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed (Sports)
I've come to the conclusion that all air beds are rubbish. I've been through a few and had to keep replacing them due to irrepairable punctures.
This bed I was hoping to be better than all the rest because it's made by Gelert but alas it is just like the rest of them. It didn't even last one camp. Inflated on the Friday, totally useless by Sunday.
It seems that 2 holes around the stitching on the flock side have become bigger, thus letting out the air. I'm not particularly heavy at 11 and a half stone so I don't think this happened due to my weight. I was hoping to repair it but no chance as it's on the flock side. Another waste of money.
Looks like I'll have to go back to my old faithful canvas camp bed, it's a bit fiddly to put up which is why I wanted the simplicity of an air bed but I just guess that inflatables and camping just don't mix.

5.0 out of 5 stars more than expected, 2 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed (Sports)
After I have returned one which was leaking I got another one which was looking ceaper - smaller valve than previous one.
I must say that I was quite disapoited to see diference of the same product.
After I gave it a try I found that is not so bad. Is not leaking at all (well, comparative with the first one).
It last for 2 weeks after inflation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quickly useless, 1 Aug. 2011
R. MacGillivray (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed (Sports)
We purchased this as we were in the process of moving into a new flat and needed a bed while we waited for ours to be delivered. Within 2 days of us starting to use this it had started to deflate quickly during the night and was actually more uncomfortable than just sleeping directly on the floor...

3.0 out of 5 stars Gelert Double Flock Airbed, 17 May 2011
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed (Sports)
Good quality inflatable mattress, but there is no attachment or to be able to inflate it easily - I ended up sticking a needle adaptor in the inflater (which is half an inch in diameter) and it took absolutely ages to inflate. Go for one with an easy inflation adaptor

1.0 out of 5 stars Steer clear, 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Gelert Double Flock Airbed (Sports)
Just returned from a camping weekend, we had two brand new Gelert airbeds, one self inflating and the other was this one. The self inflating one didn't inflate at all so couldn't be used and this one took over an hour to inflate only to deflate after a short time and after repeated attempts throughout the night to inflate it again, finally gave up. Did think Gelert was a more reliable brand name than this but really disappointed in them. Airbeds now binned and wont be buying gelert products again. Total waste of money and two very uncomfortable nights camping. Giving it a 1 star rating as unable to give it less. A brand name not to be trusted.

Gelert Double Flock Airbed