4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap yet great changeable cyling glasses
I've only had these for a few weeks but so far am well pleased. They look great, feel comfortable and so far the lenses have no scratches at all, although I make sure I put them in the case, which by the way is also quite handy.

Published on 15 Oct 2009 by Jimbob

2.0 out of 5 stars Sunwise branded
I bought a pair of these for holiday . Although at first i thought they were good , after day one the rubber nose grip has fallen off and is lost so they are now unwearable
Published on 25 Jun 2010 by skiandsun.jimdo.co"m

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap yet great changeable cyling glasses, 15 Oct 2009
This review is from: Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses (Sports)

On the slight negative side, the lenses aren't dead quick to change round partly because the frame seems a bit delicate, although I reckon you'd get used to it. A reviewer on the Argos site said he snapped the frame whilst changing the lenses once, and another said they'd bought two sets to save changing them around, which isn't a bad idea considering the price.

The yellow lenses (lighter than the amber colour shown) make everything in daylight seem almost too bright yet falsely rose tinted, then you take them off and the world looks blue and depressing for a short while. Maybe I'm just not used to it but I think amber ones would be easier to get on with. I use the clear lenses. Haven't tried the yellow ones at night yet though.

The rubber nose piece is comfortable but is unadjustable. I reckon they might ride up the face of someone with a large nose, although I'm guessing.

These are just small negatives though. I'm amazed these glasses are so good yet so cheap.

Edit: The arms don't have much give in being bent the wrong way, and one of them snapped off after I whipped the glasses off my face whilst cycling. Be careful not to do the same!

Edit: I've now lost both rubber nose pieces and a rubber arm and have had to use Sugru to replace them. I'd recommend taking these rubbber bits off and supergluing them back on before they have a chance to get loose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 31 July 2009
This review is from: Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses (Sports)
Had these glasses a few weeks now. Three different lenses, no instructions on how to change them but fairly obvious. Comfortable fit, yellow lense is good for geneal use. Excellent value, look good and they do the job.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sunwise branded, 25 Jun 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, budget glasses, 12 April 2011
This review is from: Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses (Sports)
These are great and so cheap! I use them for commuting, I'll probably choose a different pair, more fitted pair for the London to Paris, as these are a little uncomfortable on a long ride. However, the lenses are easy to change, work perfectly and the carry-case is sturdy. Amazing value, great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Pair of Glasses, 15 Mar 2010
This review is from: Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses (Sports)
I bought these for cycling. I've used them a few times so far and have found that they are very good. They certainly protect your eyes from the elements whilst riding, they are comfortable and stay put on your face. I've used them in some cold damp conditions and haven't had problems with them steaming up either.

They seem to sit quite high on the face (with my face & nose anyway) and leave a fair gap below the lense (so that I can see the bike & road in my downwards peripheral vision "unprotected"). For this reason I wouldn't expect them to double as general, fashion sunglasses, but they adopt just about the perfect position when you are on your bike.

The ones I got were more silver/grey coloured frames than the ones in the photo and the yellow lenses were lighter than the amber ones pictured, as another reviewer mentioned. This made no difference to me ... but other prospective purchasers might like to know. They came in/with a chunky, clear plastic case which seems useless for cycling ... it would have been better if there was some sort of soft pouch for carrying the "spare" lenses in a pocket in (in case the weather changed whilst you were out).

Altogether I have been impressed with these glasses and would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars makes the world look a brighter, better place, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses (Sports)
Im talking about the yellow lenses (of the three that come with the set) - I use them for cycling - to keep the wind out of my eyes as I hit mach speeds downhill. The wonderful bonus is that the yellow lenses make all dull greens look bright green. So my January bike rides feel like June. Better than some drugs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cycle glasses, Buy them!!, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses (Sports)
I've left it a few weeks before leaving a review as I wanted to live with these glasses before passing judgement on them. I have used these every day for my bike rides and as general sunglasses, I've found them to be comfortable, practical and effective. I change the lenses everyday which is a extremely easy and I fail to see how anyone would struggle with changing the lenses as has been suggested in other reviews?! So far they have been trouble free and for 9.99 I don't see how you could get better! BUY THEM! : )

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses (Sports)
quick delivery, lovely product. not too big for a female either which i was worried about and really easy to change the lenses. very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as similar products many times the price, 14 Mar 2009
This review is from: Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses (Sports)
Bought as present, my brother in law was very pleased. They seem to offer the same or better functionality than the same product at many times the price. Top end value.

3.0 out of 5 stars For the price you can't grumble, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses (Sports)
Yes they are cheap feeling, but at this price what do you expect. If you are just looking for a pair of glasses that keep the mud and bugs out of your eye, then you really can't go wrong. I like them they fit OK. If you want to spend a fortune on poser expensive glasses then on you. I'll stick with these

Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses