VINE VOICEon 29 January 2016
News Flash - make sure you get the product that appears on the product page. I've just checked, and I think I've been sold a duff knock-off. If you buy this, and it looks like the picture - excellent. My son has one, and it's fine. However if your looks like the photos I've posted, it's wrong. Original review follows:

Maybe this product has been "improved" at some point? Changed slightly? It's just that I can't square what has arrived with all the excellent reviews. Assembling it is curiously difficult for a device with so few parts. The instructions are poorly explained, and it's better to ignore them and follow the picture on the box. When you finally add the absorbent, which I think is calcium chloride, you find it isn't as easy as it should be. First, the filling slot is too narrow. Second, once you've almost filled it, you must squeeze the last bit in by pushing it around with your finger to make space. Third, as you've been doing this, it's been it leaking out from the sides onto a drip-tray.

Bear in mind that all these crystals​ will turn into mush.

So because of the above, I've decided instead to buy a silica gel bag. Pingi PD-A300P6-UK Reusable Car Dehumidifier.

A couple of things occur. As cars age, they have an increasing tendency to attract moisture. Before buying anything, check Google and see if there are any particular issues involving yours. For example, what helps with the Ford Ka is changing the pollen filter and clearing out the small drainage pipes from the roof. There are additional measures you can take, such sitting in the car while someone sprays water at you while you see if any is getting in - often around the window seals. The point is, if you don't fix the water coming in, it will always be a problem. Eventually, the cars mats will become sodden, and the next thing you know, it's rusting. There is a link below that explains the difference between all the absorbent materials you might find here in the UK. Turns out there are three, but in reality, it's only two. [...]

Finally, as a one-off, personal appeal from the heart. If anyone loves this product (?!), and disagrees with this review, (or, maybe, any review) how about opening a discussion and explaining why, rather than pressing the "was this helpful - no" button? We all benefit from the review system. I know I do - that's why I do a few myself. It's a fact that negative reviews get negative feedback. We tend to encourage everything we agree with, and actively discourage anyone with an opposing idea. There soon becomes no point in writing anything that is less than 100% fawningly and obsequiously positive - and is that what we want?
review image review image
on 11 February 2015
This is a bit messy to set up, you definately need to be away from children and pets as the granules do ping all over when filling the tray. However, its working really well. We use this in the small bedroom as it seems to suffer badly with condensation. There is still condensation on the window however not as bad and has collected lots of water in a short period of time. No sign of the reoccurring black mould we usually get around the window since using this. Given one of these to a neighbour to try. Will definitely by ordering more.
on 12 February 2009
Bought this to keep my the interior of my storage car clear during the winter spell we're having. Its very messy and I've advise doing this outdoors on an area where if you spill any (and you will) then you dont have to clear it up. The fitment of the box is cheap and nasty too - when you pick it up make sure the clips are extremely secure AND hold it at the ends as the lid collapse into the tray with pressure if you hold the middle.

Not impressed at all. Didn't even remove moisture when the inside of the car windows was iced up, melting and very damp.

I would recommend the rechargeable 2 pack - cheap but atleast they do work.
on 25 January 2014
A PRODUCT THAT ACTUALLY WORKS , ALTHOUGH THEY TOOK SOME TIME TO START COLLECTING MOISTURE just a tip don't leave them near a heat source as this con clog the crystals.ordering and delivery could not be faulted.
on 9 December 2014
i also bought the smaller ones and the big ones work in larger areas like in the kitchen, the small one are more for closets and small areas.. they work great.
on 20 November 2013
This is one of several that I have, works great and does what it is supposed to, value for money, prompt delivery
on 8 September 2015
Great item for keeping humidity down and damp out of bathrooms and damp areas of any reasonable sized room
on 26 March 2014
I found this item very good and is well worth having it does what it should do we have one in every room
on 31 January 2014
They do the job, I purchased 2, have one near a wall and one on windowsill due to condensation, they collect the moisture but take a while to really get going, have patience! Weren't strong enough for the room i needed so bought an electric dehumidifier also but I still buy refills for this product and wouldn't stop using them unless they have no use anymore!
on 24 January 2016
This moisture trap works magic! As my bedroom is near the bathroom, it can get quite damp sometimes due to steam/moisture coming from the bathroom. So I bought this to help tackle the condensation problem especially during winter. Good price and quality.