on 8 January 2008
If you want a cut price HD TV look no further than this. I bought this mainly to use with my X box 360 and the resolution and quality of the colour management is everything its lived up to be.
The sound is surprisingly good for built in speakers its not flat or tinny.

The colour options add some nice effects for different 'moods' of films and the controller is simple and easy to use.

26inch screen is the perfect size for a HD telly for playing console games on. Anything bigger and some games can strain your skills and your eyes as there is far too much to look at.

Overall this is an excellant product and it comes well packaged in a tough and secure box.

(Be careful about some of the reviews on here like the one's that 1 star products because there is no off switch!)
Its well known that all new LCD or Plasma TVs do not have 'off' switches!
If you are put off by the fact that you can simply unplug it then you are missing out.
on 14 January 2008
I spent a lot of time searching for the right set as this was my first Widescreen LCDTV. In the end I took a gamble as there was no reviews on this model at the time I purchased it but can honestly say I am really pleased I did.
Fantastic picture and sound(I'm a little deaf so this is important to me)looks good and has a sturdy base, would recommend to anyone.
on 10 February 2008
I purchased this screen based on some of the reviews given but mainly on the impressive specs. However after setting up the screen I found my excitement short lived. The screen itself is OK, the picture is average for an LCD but no where near as good as the Sony Bravia. The screen only has 1 HDMI, which I could live with as bought a HDMI switch box, but it doesn't have a SVHS socket !!! This proves a major floor when wanting to run a laptop through the screen. Hooking it up via a RGB gives a unfocused and Blurry image, not suitable at all.
If this screen was being bought for Game Play (Xbox / PS3), no problem, it's adequate. If it's being bought to also watch TV, consider something else, my suggestion would be the Sony KDL26S3000 - 26'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview £379.99, a little more costly but has an SVHS socket and 2 HDMI, the screen is also far clearer on SD and gorgeous on HD.
Finally the remote is very slow and unresponsive, not a major issue but very annoying when stting up the set or trying to make adjustments...
on 14 January 2008
This TV is great if like me you want something that isn't too bad on the wallet and provides you with a good all round package. It hasd a good picture and seems to me to have a good set of speakers on it, although I live in a realitively small flat so I can't have it too loud. I'm a dedicated xbox360 fan and it seems to work excellently with that. The only downsides I can see is that it does seem to get quite hot especially at the top vents, which is a bit of a nuiscence if you want to balance your wii infared sensor there and it isn't 1080p, but apart from that its an excellent TV.
on 13 January 2008
I was mainly buying this tv for my x-box 360, but also for a good future proof tv. I did a lot a research before buying this tv. "WHICH" magazine reviewed the 32" version of this tv "32c3030d" and had it 4th, thats out of all the lcd and plasma tv,s out there but "WHICH" do take into consideration value for money they were not reviewing anything over £1000 so if you have lots and lots of money buy a panasonic. The 32" version of this tv only has one addition, "ACTIVE VISION" this makes the picture alot clearer, ive seen this "ACTIVE VISION" on displays in shops and it does look amazing, but there
are 3 versions of this "ACTIVE VISION" the best being "ACTIVE VISION 100hz" and the 32c303d has only the very basic model of "ACTIVE VISION LCD" which does not make much difference. Even though i was only looking for a 26" i was very close to buying the 32c3030d just for the "ACTIVE VISION" but when i found out it only had this basic model of "ACTIVE VISION" i was relieved because i did not want to bee spending that much money.
For this size of tv toshiba has packed in alot of features and connections.
Freeview (which is brilliant)
HDMI
COMPONENT(RGB)
2 SCART
side panel buttons, (which are good if you lose your remote because it has all the buttons you would need not just volume and channels)
AV connection and earphone connection on side panel
Common interface (freeview upgrade card slot to get extra channels)

One HDMI port is enough for anyone, ive have seen recently that the RGB component connection which has been out for years is not far at all from HDMI quality, people may find this had to believe but it's true. I had the x-box 360 connected via each and i cant notice it but some people say it looks like the contrast is slightly crisper (blacks being blacker, whites being whiter) using the HDMI cable and this was a good HDMI cable. For any X-box 360ers out there playing on HD READY tv's, when setting your x-box to a higher rate in the display options 720p is better that 1080i. 1080i is trying to be 1080p and it is interlaced make its look all liney hence 1080(i)interlace.
The freeview is grate, im using a crappy ariel not one wired into the wall and it is getting all the channels, it has a booster in it. You can use the (i) button to just bring up whats on now and next telling you how long i left and what its about or you can use the guide button to look at all the channels in a full screen layout, you can even took ahead 1 week and set reminders to tell you its coming on, and if you have a decent enough vcr 4 years old or so or a dvd recorder or hard disk recorder you can set it to record it by letting it talk to the vcr through the scart.
Sound is great everything is ajustable even bass boost.
If you a really fussy you can go in and change all the colors, i mean each individual colour its pretty amazing.
Setting up this tv is easy, menus are clear and really easy to use auto tuning the freeview to seconds.
Setting up the stand was easy too. You can buy a wall bracket for this for £20 hear on amazon that can come out from the wall about a foot, maybe more and turns to give a better viewing angle.
on 18 January 2008
Very pleased with this television, but watch-out if you have poor signal strength on your digital reception. Some of the Freeview channels came up showing poor signal strength whilst the TV was auto-tuning and you do get pixilation and drop-out on these channels (they are perfectly fine on other freeview receivers in the house). The television is very easy to use, with a good menu system. Also have a minor critism of the assembly instructions for the base, which showed pictures of a different model. However if you follow the instructions its easy to work out.

Overall excellent value for the money (£329)!
on 13 January 2008
For the price of £329 you are buying a quality product from a reputable manufacturer! And it has Freeview built in!
I bought this for my daughter's bedroom and fixed it to a plasterboard wall without any problems. Don't think that LCD/Plasma screens fit close to the wall they don't - allow for the depth of the set and the stand off from the wall with the bracket. I saved an inch by dispensing with the plastic spacers between the bracket and set. But mounted high enough and over a dressing table it looks good. Although I now wish I had bought her the 32"!

Colours are strong, sound is good and it auto tunes without difficulty.

I would advise a bracket that allows you to tilt the set so that it can be watched from the correct position. The screen is anti reflective but with LCD you have a limited field of vision. Don't buy an expensive bracket - buy one from here for less than £20 and it will do the job.

For the money you can't beat it - delivered within 2 days.
on 14 January 2008
Very pleased with the TV itself. It has a very clear picture and the sound is really good. It is great for the bedroom. We were let down by Citylink who were meant to deliver by Saturday 1pm, as promised by Amazon on Express delivery, but, as we found out, Citylink do not work after midday on Saturdays. We eventually received the TV on Monday. We have now had a refund from Amazon for the Express delivery charge. Beware of Citylink delivery times!!!
on 9 April 2008
And that title applies to the picture, sound and everything else on this lovely TV. I must admit, it's my first widescreen TV but it's more than lived up to expectations. It was easy to install and in no time I had it up and running.

The only reason I've given it four stars not five, is that there is no way to remove the annoying screen messages that come on when you're listening to the radio. I phoned Toshiba about this, and all they could suggest was turning the brightness, contrast and everything else right down so that the logos would not be so noticeable. I was looking forward to enjoying some nice digital radio stations, but I don't want to be looking at the station logo all the time, and I really can't be bothered to keep turning everything down each time. And to be honest, even when you do this, it's still very noticeable.

Otherwise a brilliant buy. Value for money. Delivery next day was fine and I'm thoroughly enjoying my purchase.
on 30 March 2008
If you are thinking of buying a hi-def tv, look no further. For, the money, this TV is excellent. Great sound, perfect picture (especially when using my ps3). In my view, there is no reason to spend an extra £200-£300 on getting Panasonic as i don't think the picture could get much better at all. Overall, i am very happy, and here's a tip. In my opinion, there is no real reasong to spend a lot on a HDMI cable. My friend bought his one round which cost £39.99, mine cost a fiver and i could barely tell the difference!! This is a great TV and a must for any gamers out there!!