5.0 out of 5 stars A necessity!
The Magnoball is definately a necessity with the ecoballs for use in hard water areas - makes the world of difference - I've found my washing machine is much more economical since using this. I would highly recommend it.
Published on 30 Aug 2011 by GeorginaH

3.0 out of 5 stars MagnoThump
I cannot be sure that this ball does what it says because I do not have access to the water heater in my washing machine. However, I have been using it together with washballs for some weeks now and my clothes are as clean as they were when I used washing powder. I live in a hard water area so I hope it keeps the scale down.

A word of warning, however. Be...
Published on 20 April 2009 by Kathleen

5.0 out of 5 stars A necessity!, 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: Ecozone Magnoball - Anti-Limescale Ball for Washing Machine & Dishwasher Lasts up to 10 years (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work... in a kettle..., 19 May 2011
Seduced by the economical and ecological sense of replacing box after box of limescale tablets with this reusable rubber ball, I took the plunge and bought one.

However before I entrusted the longevity of my washing machine to the invisible power of this ball, I decided to test it in my kettle. I live in a very hard water area and the kettle scales up heavily in a week from clean. However with this ball at the bottom of it, no limescale appeared.

If this product can keep limescale from building up in water that is sitting around at the bottom of kettle for hours on end it can surely work on the water briefly running through a washing machine.

I'm convinced. No more tablets for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 22 April 2010
bought it on an 'eco' whim but its surprisingly effective, even in the hardwater hell on London - works well in both the dishwasher and washing machine

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed, 18 Jan 2009
S. Duncan "SED" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
When using this, laundry certainly seems to require less washing powder. All the wash seems perfectly clean with half the quantity of detergent.

One year on (January 2010), and I still get the same results. Another possibility has occurred to me and that is that, even without the magnoball, perhaps we just don't need to use as much detergent in the wash. I feel that it needs some real blind and other testing. I also believe that the heavy movement of the ball in the drum may act much like banging the clothes against rocks as in the pre-detergent method, but without the damage. Anyway, I still use it in every wash.

3.0 out of 5 stars MagnoThump, 20 April 2009
Kathleen (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews

A word of warning, however. Be prepared for a clanking sound during the washing cycle. The ball is heavy. I am fortunate to be able to shut the door on my utility room. If your washing machine is in the kitchen you might find the noise irritating - and I would not use it overnight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 May 2013
This is a brilliant invention. I have been spending loads of money on limescale tabs over the years so this is the obvious solution - and even better - it's good for the environment as there are no plastic tablet wrappers and cardboard boxes to dispose of. Also I don't have to remember to use a tablet every time I do a wash-load as the magnoball lives in the washing machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less detergent needed, 6 April 2013
I bought one of these at least two years ago to reduce limescale - I doubted whether it would mean using less detergent. For the first couple of washes I used my 'normal' amount of detergent but found that there were lots of suds during the rinse cycle and I had to give the loads an additional rinse. Now I use half the amount of detergent, everything comes out as clean as when I used more. I do around four loads weekly so this had resulted in a big saving. The eco ball is still going strong!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about the limescale build up, but I use half the soap & have clean clothes., 3 Oct 2009
As others have said, expect to hear the banging noise on a wash(especially if it's not a full load) and I've noticed a few small dents in the drum, doesn't seem to be a problem for the machine.
I haven't checked whether it cuts down on limescale, we live in a hard water area, but no call outs so far(touch wood) for that problem.
For two or 3 years I have been using the Magnoball (slightly older and different design than the picture shown on amazon, about the same price)and have easily used the half the powder/liquid each time and still had clean clothes as a result, work out how much you spend on washing liquid...mine paid for itself in a few months and it's still going strong(always seems to be enough suds).
I wonder if the trashing motion of the ball also helps with the washing too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 4 Oct 2012
I purchased the magnoball in January from OneClickPharmacy and used it in my washing machine. I noticed the after a couple of months that the rubber had split around the perimeter at both ends of the ball. I certainly hadn't had excessive use as there are only two people in this household, in any case it carries a 10 year warranty so shouldn't split so soon. I have another magnoball which I have had for years and until I purchased this one, was used in both my washing machine and dishwasher, and there is no sign of any splitting on it.

I contacted the seller, OneClickPharmacy, and they informed me there was nothing they could do and I should contact the manufacturer. Not what I understood to be good customer care!!

I contacted the manufacturer, Ecozone, and they asked me to return it to them and agreed to send a replacement. This I did making sure that it was signed for so I incurred additional postal expense - 2.70 in total. I received my replacement magnoball but no refund of postage. I sent a further email to the manufacturer and they acknowledged receipt but didn't respond or refund my postage. Bearing in mind the goods were faulty I think this is very poor customer service. I would therefore not recommend dealing with this seller or manufacturer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely reduces limescale, 15 Aug 2011
I am just about to order my 2nd Magnoball, since I've been moving mine backwards and forwards from the washing machine to the dishwasher. Overall I am very impressed with it. I have a washing machine which has an accessible filter. This was having to be emptied weekly in my very hard water area, and was absolutely full of limescale every time. Since I got the Magnoball, there is no real evidence of limescale in the filter.

With the dishwasher, I've been able to use ecologically-friendly tablets that weren't cleaning very well, and now work so much better.

My only gripe with it, and the reason that it is 4 stars not 5, is that it does thump about in the washing machine a bit, so I worry about using it on a half load for fear of it damaging the machine drum.