5.0 out of 5 stars Second time lucky
Published on 13 Nov 2009 by M. DUNN

Published on 30 July 2008 by M. Mcgowan

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time lucky, 13 Nov 2009
M. DUNN "Dunnster" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prestige Deco Cordless Jug Kettle, Almond, 1.5 Litre (Kitchen & Home)
We bought this to match our kitchen as it picks out some of the colours in our tiles. Having read other reviews, we were concerned about some of the issues raised, but thought we would give it a go. When our kettle arrived, I noticed that the outer metal casing did not fit flush at the front when the kettle was tilted, leaving a visible gap of about 1mm. There was also a mark on the bottom of the metal casing where the enamel coating seemed to have been poorly finished off. Although both of these issues may seem minor to some people, we bought the kettle primarily for aesthetic reasons, so decided to return it without trying it. Parise here to Amazon as their returns policy for faulty goods is spot on - we just filled in the returns form, printed off the label, packaged up in the original box and sent it back at no cost.

After a few days of shopping around, we could not find another kettle we liked the look of and so decided to reorder to give it another try. I am delighted to say that the second effort was faultless and this is the best kettle we have ever owned. It is quite heavy, but this gives it a quality feel and the balance is such that it is easy and smooth to pour. It is easy to fill and the lid fits well. Some people have commented on this being a problem, but I guess it depends on your experience and comparison to other kettles - we find that the lid mechanism is secure and easy to use. In terms of how well it does its job, the kettle boils quickly, holds plenty of water and I would recommend it. I just hope you get yours right first time!

2.0 out of 5 stars VERY heavy kettle, lid difficult to remove, almond more grey than cream, 30 July 2008
M. Mcgowan "Magic Mags" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This kettle is VERY heavy before any water is put in it. The lid is very difficult to remove - but the instructions say that the kettle must not be filled from the spout, only by removing the lid. When the kettle has boiled, if you need to refill it, the lid has a metal band which is burning when you try to remove the lid. The instructions say that water must NOT be left in the kettle when not in use! I have never had a kettle which could not have water left in it - very inconvenient.
The almond colour it is more grey than cream.
The matching toaster is bulky and has nowhere to store the excess electric cable. With my previous toaster you could wind the excess cable round the base so that it did not trail over the kitchen top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Kettle :), 30 Dec 2009
K. M. Lowe (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This was a gift for the other half for Christmas, it matched the kitchen, so I had to buy it. It's so much quieter than the old kettle we had and looks great on the side :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but disappointing, 30 July 2009
A designer looking kettle which looks great. However within the first week of use the top part of the lid pulled out when removing the lid to fill the kettle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, 12 April 2010
I bought the kettle and toaster to match. They looked good and I always thought Prestige was a good quality name. However, after 10 months the filter and the filter housing unit (which is non replaceable) inside the kettle totally corroded away and fell out. Because of this the spout wouldn't stay in. Even though the kettle is quite heavy i was very pleased with it until this point. I phoned customer services at Prestige and they did not seem surprised by this fault. As it was less than 12 months old I had no trouble getting a replacement. I don't recommend this kettle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another let down, 24 Jan 2011
Peter Knight - See all my reviews
Bought this about 5 months ago and already the filter holder falls out at the top. The filter has also broken through too easily. I would have expected far better quality for the price paid. Very heavy as well. Very loud as well when boiling.

4.0 out of 5 stars love it, 6 April 2010
love the look of it. does what one would expect. a bit heavy perhaps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almond kettle, 30 Dec 2010
This item is a perfect match for my kitchen. The only drawback is the weight as it is quite heavy especially when full.

1.0 out of 5 stars Three years old, and obsolete, 17 April 2012
A word of advice for the longer term: I've had one of these Prestige Deco models for three years or so, and the filter holder has deteriorated and become detached from inside the spout. Fixed that with a couple of blobs of Araldite, then saw that the filter itself is broken. Contacted Prestige customer service, who inform me that, sorry, this model is "obsolete", and they have no filters or indeed any kind of spares available. Not impressed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Delisted product, you can't get spare filters., 3 Jan 2012
J. Tapp (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Firstly I wanted to say that I have had no issues with the usage or quality of my kettle until I now need to replace the filter. Having contacted Prestige, I am advised that it was delisted 18mths ago and so you cannot replace any parts. I wanted to write a review as whilst i am sure you will be happy with your kettle in 6-12mths you will need to purchase a new one due to the corrossion of the gauze filter, which no longer makes it a good price. Hope this helps!