5.0 out of 5 stars it really works!
Published on 25 Nov 2010 by Kimmy

2.0 out of 5 stars For very young babies !!!
Published 7 months ago by Mrs Rowland

5.0 out of 5 stars it really works!, 25 Nov 2010
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased this dvd for my two year boy, who has a speech delay, and possible autism. I wasn't expecting miracles, but I was at a point where I would try anything! This dvd was refreshingly different to others I've used, as far as vocabulary is concerned. The words are clearly spoken, and repeated, with signs to accompany them. The lady on screen uses exagerated mouth movements when she speaks, which helped my boy as I could see him mouthing the words silently.

I am so pleased with the results of this dvd. My son has picked up words and signs that I have been trying to teach him for months. My speech therapist said he is a very visual learner, so watching this dvd is an ideal way for him to learn words. If your child has a speech delay, I would try this dvd! It gave me hope during a very dark and worrying time.

I agree with other reviewers though, I WISH WISH WISH this was a series, so we could build on his vocab in this exact format, because it works for us!

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great DVD for babies, 4 Oct 2007
Ms. A. Brooks (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
At last a baby DVD that actually does what it says on the cover! I think we must have been one of the first families to get a copy of `Learn to Talk' and what an amazing find it has been. So why is it so good? Well on some levels it's the same as Baby Einstein in as much as there are some parts where you see brightly coloured toys and shapes etc, but the other parts are totally different and that's what makes it special.

To start with there is a woman who appears every few scenes to show us either a facial expression/sound or introduce a new word through very basic sign language. There are also a number of real farm animals that appear to a cute version of Old MacDonald (which our youngest especially liked). We have not seen anything quite like this DVD before and for us it has been a breath of fresh air.

One other feature to mention is the excellent parents tutorial. Basically this is a voice over from the speech therapist who (as she tells us) helped to create the title. To be honest this was probably worth the cost of the DVD alone as for about 20 minutes she tells you what the best techniques are to help your baby talk. Overall this is a great title and a welcome addition to the ever-expanding baby DVD market.

5.0 out of 5 stars A M A Z I N G !!!, 19 Feb 2010
Laura Taylor "Mrs Sheeps" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
Wow. I have 2yr 8mth twin boys who are speech delayed. After doing lots of research and reading the reviews, I ordered this DVD. I am very negative about all this stuff and was thinking there is no way they will like it, no way they will learn to talk or sign from it. How wrong I was.

After watching this DVD 6 times, they are BOTH responding amazingly well. One, who was very behind, is making noises & signing away and the other, who has limited speech just loves it.

Its brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice DVD, 25 Oct 2007
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
This is a really nice DVD. The woman who does the facial expressions is great to watch and mix of things you see on screen keeps everything interesting. It runs for about 30 minutes and the tutorial is very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST BUY., 28 Jun 2009
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this DVD for my 20 month old son who had a development delay. This DVD worked wonders for him. He was almost entranced when I put it on, and within a small amount of time, was pointing, copying, and trying to say individual words. He has come on a bundle, and I put it all down to this DVD. A definate favourite for him and me!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 May 2011
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD after feeling that my 16 month old son was not as vocal as he should have been. I was looking for ideas to help me interact with him better in a way that would encourage his language development. My son was captivated by the dvd from the start and particularly likes the lady doing the signs. Since watching the dvd my son has become more vocal - he still isnt speaking but is making a lot more sounds. He really likes the animals and every time the sheep come on he blows raspberrys or makes a 'ssshhhh' sound which I feel is his attempt at 's'. I would strongly recommend buying this dvd if you are looking for inspiration to help you to encourage your child to speak.

4.0 out of 5 stars Learn to Talk, 27 Aug 2010
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
myself and 2 and a half year old son found this really useful. It was short enough to hold his attention, and within a few days of watching it he was copying the words and anticipating the sounds, which considering he barely uttered a word before, was amazing. I was unsure as to whether a dvd was the key to getting him speaking, but would thoroughly recommend to anyone as it really got him interacting.

2.0 out of 5 stars For very young babies !!!, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD thinking it would be a great way for my 14 month old to develop her speech and start saying more words . But i soon realized that the DVD was aimed at younger babies or late developers . The lady featured in this DVD does say a few words then simply makes noises with her mouth , like popping or the choo choo of a train . I regret purchasing it and wish id known the content before i had bought it. Baby Einstein DVD'S are much more educational.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
My 18 month old enjoys this DVD. Have had the DVD for 3 months now and my sons speech seems to be improving (don't know whether it has anything to do with the DVD or not) but he likes it anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is brilliant. My son watches it most days. He is quiet and still for the whole 26 mins! Its amazing. He has watched it from 6 months he is now 12 months. It has helped his speech alot. He is advanced for his age.

Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD]
Oxbridge Baby - Learn to Talk [DVD] by Francesca Lebens (DVD - 2007)
8.99