5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
I bought this to replace my old one and its just great all round!
Its great value for money and does the job well, fully recommend this hair trimmer for short hair and if you want to whizz your beard off quick time!
5*****
Published on 13 Jun. 2011 by BIGBERNARD

1.0 out of 5 stars Well built but broke after the second use.
When it arrived I was blown away by how good it felt, well built and with lots of accessories. To bad it broke after my second use. I was going to use it when suddenly the thing just wont start. Displeased to say the least.

However this is a great product, as long as its working...
Published on 30 Mar. 2013 by V.F

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Wahl Performer 5537-217 Battery Operated Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
I bought this to replace my old one and its just great all round!
5*****

5.0 out of 5 stars This is all you'll need to trim !!, 11 Sept. 2011
Malcolm Todd (UK) - See all my reviews
Easy to use, well made and everything you need from a body hair trimmer, dont be put off by the price appears very cheap but is just as good as the more expensive ones. I am very satisied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wahl, 20 Dec. 2010
Perfectly Ok for the low price. Capable of trimming my tough, stubbly beard yet has a slim and light design. Note that some higher capacity rechargeable AA batteries are just to fat to fit, a pair of 1300mAh Uniross just go in. Regular alkalines will fit well as they are slimmer.

Great for travelling as AAs can be bought anywhere.

Edit: after a couple of years of infrequent use it started tearing hairs out rather than cutting them... ouch. Filed under rubbish bin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - best I have ever owned, 21 Oct. 2012
I have worn a beard for nearly forty years and a few electric trimmers have passed through my hands.

This trimmer was bought to accompany me on several trips abroad as I wanted to travel as lightly as possible. I particularly wanted battery power so I would not have to bother packing a charger.

Taking into consideration size, weight, manufacturer and power supply I searched long and hard for a unit, eventually deciding upon this trimmer from Wahl.
It is excellent, it does everything I was looking for and I'm happy to add that it has a very good speed on its blades.

With the shortest of guides on the blade it is roughly 153mm x 30mm x 38mm and, with a couple of Duracell batteries, weighs in at exactly 150gms. It has proven to be perfect for my needs.

The downside of this unit is that it outshines the expensive mains trimmer I have. My mains / rechargeable trimmer is a lovely piece of kit but it now sits gathering dust as my preference is always to use this Wahl.

The switch is on the side and slides to power the unit. Movement of the switch is quite light so, when travelling, I pack it covered with a strip of gaffer tape. This is not so much that I'd not want to freak out border security with it buzzing in my case, more I'd just like to have power in it when I arrive. The tape also helps make the unit just a little less smooth and so improves the grip; it comes with only a small grip-strip on it which, considering its ergonomic design, could be a little better placed.

Battery consumption: I trim most days. These two batteries were fitted in the middle of Arizona so that would have been May. Wahl and I have done a lot of miles / kilometres since then and they show no sign of fading. Granted that is also testament to Duracell, but you can't have one without the other!

Considering the difficulty I had tracking such a unit down Wahl would corner the traveller market producing a version with a better grip. If they do, I'll be first in line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 May 2013
And only £7!

This feels quite well made and is also very sharp.... The accessories and stand are as cheap as chips, but that's beside the point. If, like me, you simply need to trim your sideburns, this is the trimmer. Works perfectly.

It you have a terrorist-length beard, or need to clip a dozen sheep every morning, you might want to spend another tenner and buy something more sexy.

I like the fact it's battery operated - which is good for travelling (you don't need a charger).

I like the fact that is costs less than a a packet of cigarettes - sling it in the washbag with gay abandon.

Great little trimmer that will probably last for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only 1 reason to buy this..., 17 May 2013
...and that is for the personal grooming of the old twig and berries. It has just the right amount of power to ensure everything is spruced up and tidy. Go on - you owe it to your nadgers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Well built but broke after the second use., 30 Mar. 2013

However this is a great product, as long as its working...

1.0 out of 5 stars good product didnt last long though, 4 Jun. 2013
item was working well and was really happy with it at first but broke within a couple of months of using it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 9 April 2013
Dale Herbert (Esher, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This very economical package is well worth the money. Fancy, it ain't, but it has everything that I need to keep my goatee looking just right - well at least the missus thinks so and that's enough for me.

It operates on 2 AA batteries, so make sure you have spares around. It comes with a range of useful accessories, including a selection different grade guards so that you can choose the length of your beard. There is also a beard comb, something that I didn't even get with the more expensive trimmer that this replaces.

You also get a brush to clean the shaver with and a bottle of oil to lubricate the blades. Finally the whole lot stores in a very useful stand so that you can keep everything together and not lose anything.

On the downside, I would advise caution if using the shaver without a guard, as the blades are very sharp and can cut you if you are not careful.

To summarise, for me this is perfect and excellent value. I do not plan to keep the goatee forever (unless the missus insists) so spending this little on an item that is so good makes perfect sense. Buy it - you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase ever!, 2 Mar. 2013
T. B. Stanev - See all my reviews
Seriously, this thing has saved me so much money and is soooo cheap.

I usually pay around £10.00 for a haircut, but as I always ask for my head to be trimmed really short - around 6 milimeters, I decided to just buy the hair trimmer and try to trim my hair myself + my beard. Have probably saved more than £100 not going to the hair salon. Yes it does take 30 to 40 minutes to get it perfect and make sure that there's not long hairs left, but it's well worth it.

By the way, this was used in the bathroom and water dripped on the machine, didn't affect it! Still goes strong.

I am far away from the idea that it will last forever, but if it breaks I'll definitely buy the same product again!