on 14 July 2012
Confession, I had only heard 'Moving to New York' and 'Let's Dance to Joy Division...2 tracks which I have loved playing for years, so I decided to buy the album hoping the rest of the tracks were just as good.
I wasn't disappointed. Some albums take a few plays before singing along and enjoyment, but this album is great. Most of the tracks are upbeat and I can't help singing along. I am very pleased with this album, it's definitely going to be one of my favourites.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 April 2015
The Wombats' first album 'A Guide to Love Loss & Desperation' was a short-lived muse of mine back in 2007, and after hearing that they have a new album scheduled for released, I've dusted it off recently, and stil enjoy it.

This Liverpool based indie-rock band sure knew how to make fun, quirky and optimistic music. The big hits, 'Let's Dance to Joy Division' (written by lead singer Matthew Murphy about the night he and his girlfriend danced on a table to 'Love Will Tear Us Apart') by Joy Division and 'Moving To New York' are just so addictive, particularly the latter. Whilst I do still maintain that those two songs, and the other single 'Backfire at the Disco', are the real highlights here, the whole album is still great fun to put on and dance to.

If you enjoy indie-pop bands like The Kooks and The Fratellis, 'Guide to Love Loss & Desperation' will definitely be you're cup of tea.

The deluxe edition: The Wombats Proudly Present..A Guide To Love, Loss and Desperation + DVD, comes with a bonus DVD, which includes footage of the band at the South by Southwest festival, along with the music videos for the singles.
on 14 December 2014
There are a couple of stand out tracks but The Wombats lapse back into sugar-coated rock at the first opportunity. Sometimes the album goes somewhere; most of the time it doesn't. However, getting out of bed the right side it's the perfect antidote when you're swooning over the new barmaid.
on 3 January 2016
Love this album! I bought it for myself this Christmas, honestly I was just making my shopping basket up to £20 to avoid the delivery charge. It's a classic, it has everything you want in an album. A theme, humour, harmony, rocking fun. There is something anyone can relate too.
on 10 September 2013
It was a present for a friend and I just wanted to keep it for me because it was so perfect. Thank you!!
on 3 September 2015
It doesn't play on my computer. Very disapointed.
on 1 January 2015
Arrived on time and in good quality
on 30 August 2009
I bought this album on the strength of the Joy Division track. Still love that, but most of the album was a let down. Middle of the road indie-pop.