Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 September 2009
A cracking singles collection which showcases David grays songwriting talent , not a bad song on here , leaves me wanting more , some old some new and whilst i love the classics like babylon i think David Gray is one songwriter who has got better over time ,he makes consistantly good music well worth buying ..
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 April 2015
I'd always enjoyed hearing some David Gray, but realised one day that I didn't actually own any of his albums. I went for this 2007 greatest hits package first, and it really got me into this man's work. Although he has fared better in terms of chart positions as an album artist, he has had a handful of big hit singles, and is responsible for so many excellent songs.

The tracks here span from his 1993 debut album 'A Century Ends' to 2005's 'Life in Slow Motion'. Most of the tracks are the originals, expect for 'Be Mine' and 'Babylon', which are bith remixes, and 'Shine', presented here as a live recording. As is often the case with such hits packages, there were two new songs, 'Destroyer', and the joyful single 'You're the World to Me'.

Fantastic voice, songs and lyrics, if you need a sampler of David Gray's work, pick up 'Greatest Hits'.
on 12 November 2007
Jimjimma - Whilst I agree a mixture of old and new would be better, you will probably find as with most greatest hits, the record label has the last say. The money has been made for them as of white ladder which is where I disagree with you. David gray has made some mistakes and he would be the first to admit it, he even said that he was too stupid to work out in the early albums that simplicity is the key. However I have found his creativeness on all albums a real treat and he continually comes out with awesome songs. A new day at midnight and Life in slow motion are breathtaking albums. I look forward to being inspired and moved by all that David has left to offer. This is mearly a record company album who wants to squeeze all that is left out of the most "Popular" albums.
on 27 May 2013
I wanted this album for ages but I am patient - I don't like paying the price of new release albums!! Excellent price in excellent condition, came when it was supposed to so I have no complaints at all!!!
on 28 June 2013
Excellant album well worth the money so wicked tunes didnt really here much of them until now and wanted the albulm straight away speedy service and well worth listerning to
on 30 June 2013
I bought this for one song only, as I often do with albums, but most of the other songs are great too. Arrived very quickly & as described!....
on 13 November 2007
For his hardcore fans this may seem like a let down, but two new tracks: The amazing You're the World to Me and the typical Gray'esq Deastroyer prove that he still has the ideas and the ability to remain one of the best songwriters in the world. For anyone who has always considered purchasing one of his albums- start with this. You'll miss his best stuff from his early years but 'Shine The Best of' is also available. Before long you may find many a David Gray CD in Your collection. Fantastic.
on 4 September 2014
I've wanted one of David Gray's albums for a long time, this one is an absolute delight with all of my favourite tracks on, one in particular that has great meaning to me (then again most of these tracks have) I can't stop playing it and it has spurred me on to collect his whole catalogue, he puts so much feeling into each and every song every one is sheer musical poetry.
I would recommend this album as a taster to anyone slightly interested.
on 16 May 2013
Good greatest hits album but wasn't as good as I had hoped. All tracks on my mp3 player and I haven't deleted one yet.
on 21 November 2007
The past few albums released by David Gray have been quite the disappointment, after the release of White Ladder I purchase his back earlier albums, none of which disappoint. His greatest hits album is an insult to anyone who remembers listing over and over again to those original songs and felt the world was a better place because of it. If you want David Gray's best works think about getting Lost Songs or the Ep's albums.