Published on 14 Feb 2012 by Flossy

2.0 out of 5 stars Doing hard time
Although this cushion does exactly what it should in terms of allowing the coccyx to float free above the normal seat cushion, I found it much too hard and could only sit for about 10 minutes before discomfort everywhere else set in.
Published 24 months ago by Chrissywis

5.0 out of 5 stars Kissis, kissis, kissis for sis cushion!!!! I can now sit pain free., 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: 66Fit Coccyx Cushion Elite - Blue, 38 X 39 X 5/3 cm (Sports)
I want to second all the other supporters of this cushion. Sitting without the cushion gives me instant coccyx/backache. Sitting with the cushion gives me no problems at all. Am going to order a second one for the car. Am suffering from acute pain at the moment and cannot bear sitting on a normal chair/sofa but this cushion enables me to sit down without making it infinitely worse - it is especially so in the car.

Also, I do some audio typing which requires me to sit still in the same position for several hrs. This would be impossible without this cushion. With the cushion I feel just fine.

Regarding some of the other comments saying the cushion is too hard: I think if it were too soft you'd just sink down to the seat and your coccyx would hit the chair again. In fact if you have had this back problem for a while you'd be used to harder seats by now anyway as soft seats are a killer for sore coccyxs and backs. I always avoid the soft and comfy sofas at my friends' houses and opt for the hard chairs due to this back problem.

also, someone alluded to weight....this cushion is made for folks of all weights so I guess it has to be tough enough to accomodate the heavier specimens amongst us.

Also, you can easily adjust how far back you want to sit which will address some of the leg circulation problems you might develop when sitting a long time. In fact the cushion is wedge shaped so the legs really shouldn't get affected.

One more thing you might consider before buying: it seems this cushion is available in different sizes. you might want to bear in mind that the size will influence seating comfort.

I love this cushion and wish I had bought it ages ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars coccyx relief cushion, 12 Jan 2011
Really takes the pressure off the coccyx area so that when you stand up again you don't get that rush of pain and awkwardness in standing. AA nuisance to take with you, but better than suffering!

5.0 out of 5 stars a life saver!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 Sep 2011
After having a bad motorcycle accident, i was in a lot of pain when sitting down, and as my work involves sitting down for 12 hours a day, i needed help!!! This cushion is a godsend and the person who invented it should get a medal!!!!! My coccyx "floats" when using the cushion and no long gives me pain at work!!! Superb item, and i cannot recoment it enough!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, a bought another!, 5 Nov 2011
I previously bought one from Argos which was too soft and didn't help.... I now have 2 of these, 1 for the car and one for the house. I would recommnd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coccyx Cushion, 23 Nov 2011
I ordered one for my sister and it was so good so I ordered one for myself. I use mine in the car all the time. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coccyx Cushion, 7 Feb 2012
This was the best thing that I bought for my very very sore coccyx. It was of the most benefit in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Coccyx Cushion - post surgery, 24 Jun 2013
I bought this for my daughter, following major surgery to her back she found sitting unbearable. This has definitely helped, particularly in the car, and at work. It means she can now sit for half an hour without having to get up and walk round. I was impressed with the speed of delivery, and the choices of different cushions for people who have back particularly lower back problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has reduced pain!, 30 Jan 2012
This cushion has been very useful, especially on car journeys. It takes the pressure off a sore, cracked coccyx. Best used when sitting on a more solid seat. Overall very good purchase and worth the money to get a bit of pain relief!

5.0 out of 5 stars probably the best cushion for coccyx, 20 Dec 2011
Delivery was fast and efficient. Arrived in a protective plastic case which is re-usable.

The cushion itself is firm, so you dont sink into it. Thats very important when you have injured your coccyx because if you sik into any seat, it just puts more pressure on the area. So this cushion is actually ideal. I use it in the car and i bought a second one for my desk chair at home.. Perfect, highly reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, wish I'd got one sooner, 21 Jun 2013
I bought this for my husband after reading several reviews of similar products. I settled on this one as he is taller and thought from other reviews that a firmer cushion would suit him best. He has had spinal surgery and finds this invaluable for driving.