4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Poor Accessories.
Published on 3 Mar 2009 by M. Chatterton

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
Published on 1 Feb 2010 by liverpool lou

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Poor Accessories., 3 Mar 2009
M. Chatterton (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
The ball was delivered promptly and I had it 'up and running' fairly quickly. Having an injured back, I use this in my office when I'm on the computer instead of a chair and it makes a noticable difference to your posture. The hand-pump that is supplied though is not really up to the job. It will inflate the ball but in reality, you need a foot-pump to get it fully inflated and at the correct pressure. The DVD that accompanies this product contains some good exercises but it is marred by the fact that it is not interactive i.e. there is no index and you cannot select chapters, etc. You have to watch the whole thing until you reach the part you want and as it is about 30 minutes long, this can be a pain sometimes.
Other than that, this is a very good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 1 Feb 2010
Be ABSOLUTELY sure you order the right size, because once you have pumped the ball up & tried it ,if it is too small you cannot return it to them . If you are borderline height, order the larger one as you can always deflate it slightly. Actual ball is good quality but dvd is amateur - minimal instruction & not enough time allowed to do each exercise. The exercise sheet is better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good quality. Colour is nice too!, 24 Feb 2010
K. Stephenson - See all my reviews
This review is from: 66Fit Gym Ball With Pump & Dvd (Sports)
I've never used an exercise ball before but have found this one very easy to use and very good quality. The pump makes it very quick to inflate and keep topped up. The ball is made of quite thick material and feels very strong when you are using it. There is a handy guide with it which gives you some starting exercises. I haven't watched the DVD.
The 55cm size is great for me, I am 5'2". The purple colour is really nice in a metallic finsh, which helps if you have to have it around the house!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 30 July 2009
This item was brilliant. Exactly what it said in the box. It was a great size, beautiful colour and easy to get up and running. When I'm not using it to work out I can use it as a chair! Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I'm a believer!, 26 July 2010
R. J. Jordan - See all my reviews
I bought this gym ball as it looked the best value for money - coming with DVD and pump - and it had good reviews. I was a little confused about which size to buy but a bit of internet research showed that the 65cm ball is for someone of 5'7" to 6'1". The ball was easy to inflate, is durable and retains its pressure well.

I was recommended to buy a gym ball by my chiropractor, and (truth be told) I was a little skeptical about whether it would work for me. It has, and how! My posture and core strength have improved very significantly, and I experience much less pain. I use the ball almost every day, and find it strangely relaxing.

The DVD will get you going, but I would recommend the Liz Gillies book: 101 ways etc. that is also available from Amazon at a good price. This will allow you to progress from the basic range of exercises and give you that bit more confidence that you are doing everything safely and correctly.101 Ways to Work Out on the Ball: Sculpt Your Ideal Body with Pilates, Yoga and More

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 7 Dec 2007
Davywavy2 - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
If having a large rubber ball to try and do sit ups on is your thing (and I bought one, so it must be mine), then this will do the job. The one slight criticism is that the seal on the inflation valve isn't great so it will leak air slowly and you'll have to give it a few minutes of work with the pump once a week (which uses a hand action your entire family will find hilarious) to keep it full. Beyond that, though, this is a perfectly good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 18 Feb 2010
C. Levey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 66Fit Gym Ball With Pump & Dvd (Sports)
It's always difficult buying products when you don't know the make. I have bought some sports equipment from this company before and I have been very happy with my purchases. So I decided to take a chance on their exercise ball and I can honestly say I am very pleased with this product as well.

The exercise ball comes complete with a good quality pump. It doesn't take long to pump up and the ball itself is on par with the make I use at my local sports centre.

I think the set is good quality and good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 21 Jan 2010
S. Wood (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 66Fit Gym Ball With Pump & Dvd (Sports)
I had previously bought a cheaper exercise ball and found it very difficult to pump up and use the pump it came with. So, decided for one which was a little more expensive and can definately say you get what you pay for.

The pump works very well and the ball pumps up extremely quickly. I have never had to re-pump as yet and I tend to use it 2-3 times a week.

Worth the price I paid.

4.0 out of 5 stars 66Fit Gym Ball with Pump and DVD - silver 65 cm - beware of pump issues, 22 Jun 2011
I expect one or two other potential purchasers are rather confused by the various reviews of this - and indeed other gym balls - and it is probably helpful to separate the pump and ball issues in order to be really objective. The ball arrived promptly and it is brilliant with a strong, good-quality, non-slip surface and takes my weight (96kg) easily both as a seat at my desk and for floor exercises and I'm very glad I didn't go for a 75cm ball as I am 1.79 metres tall (5ft 11inches) and this ball is plenty big enough and quite firm and very supportive. (I'm sure the rather plasticky smell will disappear in a week or so!). This can be thoroughly recommended as a five star purchase. Now for the downside; the supplied pump is utter rubbish and within 25 to 30 strokes of pumping, the little internal plastic nipple holding the two-way flutter valve in place had broken off being struck by the repeated impact of the internal cylinder of the pump (and which was completely inevitable given the short stroke length of the pump's external cylinder) and once the membranous valve material had come free, the pump jammed completely and was of no further use and beyond repair. That said, even if the pump had lasted, there is no way such a flimsy device would have generated the pressure needed to get this ball to 65 cm and I had to use a twin cylinder car/bike tyre foot pump to get the last few centimetres of the full 65cm. It's perfectly easy enough to achieve but you do need the right pump and frankly most of the small supplied devices are just not up to the mark. Don't be put off however, because this is an excellent ball and has a dedicated supplied remover to get the stopper out if and when you need to top the ball up and the supplied adapter easily fits in a standard foot pump connection. Throughly recommended as long as you are aware of the pump issues and the ball is probably well worth the money although you may have to buy a foot pump for as little as 10 or so from your local bike shop but at least can then top it up to full size whenever needed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate pump, 19 Dec 2011
I have recently started undergoing physical therapy for tendonitis in my hip and my physio recommended that I get a ball to do some exercises on at home. The ball I use at the physio's office is a size 65cm so I ordered the same size, which is inline with the maker's recommendation based on my height (5'10"). The ball itself appears to be very sturdy and high quality, however the pump is simply not adequate in order to pump the ball to it's full size. The pump has holes in the top, allowing it to suck air in to the ball, however once the ball is inflated to a decent size, the pressure of the air inside the ball then pushes back through the top of the pump making it literally impossible to fill the ball with enough air pressure to bring it to it's full size. The instructions say to pump the ball so that when you measure from the floor to the size imprinted on the ball it matches the measurement, so mine should technically be 65cm however after trying for the past 20 minutes, I cannot get it to go beyond 40cm. This is a shame because it simplpy is not fit for purpose at this size and I will now have to invest in a better pump before I can get any benefit out of it.