4.0 out of 5 stars Safe walking in the snow
As a window cleaner I have stood on many wet and slippery window sills to do my job, sometimes seven or eight levels high. I would never consider working in this msnner if I wasn't wearing Dr. Martens shoes, the grip is the best I have ever found.

Published on 10 Dec 2010 by Kevin

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware
I purchased these shoes thinking they were the same as the previous pair I had, they were not.

They were very tight across the bridge of the foot and on closer inspection they did not have the DM stamp on the side of the shoe and the pattern of the cells in the sole was different. They were made in Thailand and not China as the ones I already had.

I...
Published 15 months ago by M. Dunn

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 7 Aug 2013
M. Dunn "Miked" (Bournemouth, England) - See all my reviews

I checked on the Dr Martens website and found that there are at least two different shoes under different product codes but under the same name, these codes do not appear on the actual shoes only in the information on the Dr Marten website!

So it cost me postage to return the shoes, BEWARE the pictures shown on the amazon webpage are not of the shoe supplied!

I have just spoken to Dr Martens and product code P11839002 is the wider/longer fit, these I believe are product code P10078001 the narrow fit!

Mike

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe walking in the snow, 10 Dec 2010

Now that the snow is here once again, I find my Dr. Martens are ideal for staying upright. PLEASE NOTE: I do not wear the Dr. Martens with the commando style tread, they are not nearly as good in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seller As Good As The Item, 17 April 2012
Dr. Martens Airwair Classic 1461 PW (Plain Welt) Black Smooth Leather Shoes
To begin with, I ordered the wrong size. My Dr. Marten boots are a size 10 and rather 'snug' so I ordered a size bigger.
Size 11's were huge and so they needed to go back.
I rang the seller direct and was met with THE most helpful Company I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
The very next day another pair of shoes arrived at my work address. I posted the other pair back on the weekend, recorded delivery. No mess, no fuss, just excellent customer service.
Now for the shoes...
What needs to be said? They're a pair of Dr. Marten shoes. Look great dressed down, look great dressed up. Comfortable from day 1 and, looking at the soles, will see many a year of wear.
Quality shoes. Quality seller.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the quality I have come to expect from Doc Martens, 17 Nov 2009
James E. Horton "Boltonfan" (Fleetwood Lancs) - See all my reviews
I have worn many pairs of Doc Martens during my days as an ambulanceman and they have been strong, sturdy and very hard wearing as well as comfortable. As soon as I took this pair out of the box I could tell they were not the same quality because of the weight. They were very light compared with the others I had worn and the sides are very thin which does not make for comfortable wearing. This is the first time I have ever ordered shoes by mail order and it will be the last. Rather try them on in the shop first.

5.0 out of 5 stars new shoes, 18 Nov 2011
Ihad been looking for these shoes forages but deadly expensive in the shops. I saved a ton even after currency exchange and they are every bit as good as they are cracked up to be

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality - in a word, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: Dr. Marten's Unisex 1461 3-Eyelet Oxford (Shoes)
Good, all round quality shoe especially useful in the winter as it has a warm sole with good grip. Takes a bit of breaking-in as the leather is quite stiff, especially in the heel area but worth it as they become really comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well received via mail, 17 May 2010
Ramon R. Concillado (Denmark) - See all my reviews
I ordered this model via Amazon, because the model via Amazon was half the price compared to an equal Doc Martin shoe in my local shoe-shop! Thumbs up for the very reasonable prices on Amazon! +++ :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as ever, 9 July 2011
Just as I remember them from my youth. Seemed to take a little longer to break in the uppers but worth persevering as once settled they are soooo comfortable. Just became an instructor so spending more time on my feet and they feel great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dr Marten shoes., 27 Dec 2009
Ms. J. Cater "book worm" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These was very sturdy shoes to last me a lot longer then even walking boots. Took some beddinng in but are ok now will last a long while always good for walking even in the snowy conditions as they have a excellant grip on the tread area.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made & comfortable shoes, 31 Oct 2012
This review is from: Dr. Marten's Unisex 1461 3-Eyelet Oxford (Shoes)
Having read several of the previous reviews I wasn't quite sure what to expect, so was pleasantly surprised when the delivery turned up earlier than expected which is always a good sign.

The shoes seem extremely well made - you can feel the quality of the leather and the stitching (even if they have been made in Thailand rather than in the UK) and they fit my feet perfectly. As mentioned by other users it might be a good idea to wear thick socks for the first few weeks to save the grief on the rear of your ankles whilst the shoes are bedded in. Perhaps this is something that Dr. Martens R & D dept could look into improving.

Would I recommend these Dr. Martens shoes to friends and family, well yes I would, they are comfortable to wear, are extremely well made and look very good. I'm very impressed with them.