5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift
I purchased this DVD for my 5 year old neice who is a great fan of High School Musical she now has all the DVD's and the outfit. She loves it and watches as often as she is aloud along with her younger sister.

Great movie for children of all ages.
Published on 11 Sep 2009 by J. M. Mills

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much better with a little more effort!
I had high hopes for this film, I enjoyed the first one, but it could have been so much better. I'd seen a few clips on the trailers for the second one, and it looked far more interesting.

After looking at the first one again (can you believe it's a year already?) I was left with similar feelings of disappointment with this one too.

As with the...
Published on 10 Dec 2007 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 11 Sep 2009
J. M. Mills (Northamptonshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition [DVD] (DVD)

Great movie for children of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 27 Oct 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition [DVD] (DVD)
Wow! Three words to describe this feelgood movie. Its summer vacation but its not all fun and games for Troy, Gabriella and fellow wildcats as they begin work at Lava Springs country club which Sharpay's parents own. Sharpay tries to snatch Troy away from Gabriella and in the meantime there is the Lava Springs talent show to worry about.
Filled with catchy songs, a talented cast and a good storyline this movie is clean and heartwarming...siutable for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Let's rock and roll and just let go!", 17 May 2008
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition [DVD] (DVD)
It's summer vacation and the gang from East High is headed out to the local country club, either as members or as employees. Sweethearts Troy (Zac Efron) and Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens) are hard at work, but still have plenty of time for near-smooches. Bratty Sharpay (Ashley Tisdale) has her eye on Troy, however, and is wooing him with a possible college scholarship.

This is one fun musical. All the high school stereotypes are here - the jocks, the brainiacs, the snobs - and they all sing and dance their way into our hearts. There's a big musical number about every five minutes and the productions are energetic and fun . Clearly aimed at the pre-teen audience, this movie is full of young, good-looking actors who make being seventeen look like the Most. Fun. Ever. Efron and Hudgens are an adorable and wholesome couple while Tisdale is the teen witch you love to hate.

The desert setting is beautiful and the movie oozes happiness while stressing the value of friendship. Disney brings the old Judy Garland-Mickey Rooney-type teenage musical to the current generation in fine style.

4.0 out of 5 stars "High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition" on BLU RAY - Compatibility Issues With The 'US' Disc..., 20 Mar 2014
Mark Barry "Mark Barry" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
"High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition" is available as a stand-alone BLU RAY in many areas. Buy if you are buying from/in the UK - please avoid the 'American' Disney BR disc (even if it's cheap) because it's REGION A LOCKED. It won't therefore play on our machines unless they're chipped to be 'all regions' (which few are).

Best buy is the UK issued Part 1 and Part 2 bundle (use Amazon reference B005MO70PC in the search bar to get to the right release). It works out at about a fiver a disc and both have great picture quality with fun for all the family...

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition [DVD] (DVD)
I love this movie I have done since it was premired in the UK I loved Troy and Gabriellas departure song the best....gotta go my own way I cant remember the name I think that's it lol. I love the movies they've all been sweet but not totally cliché & cute Disney movies. I still love it 4 years later! The extended edition features an extra sharpay and ryan song, you remember the scene when troy is late to meet grabriella and they are in the pool? well its an extra song before then. To be fair I think having that in explains troy's being late moreso, it seemed that he wasn't late at all before...maybe it was just me it made sence in my head. Anyway I love the movies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 22 Aug 2008
M. F. Holton "NYU" (Hants, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition [DVD] (DVD)
The sequel to the hyped up musical event of 2006:High School Musical.

When this first came out I did have doubts about it as many had said the first one was annoying and this and that. I had never seen the first one before i saw number 2. I admit to first seeing it as a dare from my immature friends and i actually enjoyed it. It has an ok story line, fun jump about and dance songs and some great lyrics. All of the cast have done a brilliant job on this film. And seriously, if ur one of those people who refuses to watch it cos its uncool or whatever, I did and i think its great. and a great follow up to HSM.

Awesome film, don't miss out.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 - (dvd), 28 Dec 2009
This review is from: High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition [DVD] (DVD)
This is a delightful, good-clean-fun type of dvd for your children or grandchildren. I enjoyed it as much as they did!! Good songs, good dancing, and a nice story to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as 1 or 3 but keeps the kids happy !!, 2 May 2009
Nick G (London, UK) - See all my reviews
As a parent you often need to sit through a fair range of rubbish and whilst on paper this is a typical cliched Disney affair - it's a lot more bearable than other films I've had to sit through (ok so I enjoyed it really !!). Whilst the story is pretty much the same as HSM1 - it remains a very safe, unoffensive film which can be watched by any age.

Aside from the much better quality, the Blu Ray version offers little over the DVD version - not worth the upgrade unless you find it on offer somewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars High School Musical 2 Rocks, 11 Mar 2008
This review is from: High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition [DVD] (DVD)
This is a Disney Muscial with good wholesome values/morals and messages but the surprising thing is that the majority of the songs are good and the performances entertaining. As Grease was for the previous generation so High School Musical will be for this growing generation.

There are some good scenes especially when Sharpey sings Fabulous and the disasterous song she sings to Troy which she wants them to perform in the talent contest.

Good Fun and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but not excellence...so how come 5 stars?, 24 Jan 2008
This review is from: High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition [DVD] (DVD)
[Firstly, sorry, again I couldn't stop typing.]

So much has been said and written about this movie I wasn't going to even bother writing a review... but then I couldn't help myself.

I could describe the plot to you, but that has been done. I'm mainly going to explain why I selected 5 stars, when in comparison to truly great movies it...well it would hardly share the same category. I'm a believer in judging a movie or TV show by its intentions and the success of carrying them through to the end result, not neccessarily by its place in the Cannon of film. HSM2, as with HSM intended to entertain with great acting, great dancing, a good plot and of course, the Disney morals. With this in mind, it succeeded.

Clearly, the brains behind the franchise realised that the target audience of the tweenies were not the only demographic drawn [almost unwillingly] to the first movie. The sequel certainly shows this realisation and also the growth of the actors and the gentle change in styles.

Loving musicals, but only expecting to get a little fix, I bought the first and was hooked, (though it kind of stands out next to Rent, Moulin Rouge, Chorus Line, Cabaret, etc.). When the sequel arrived, I bought it without a second thought. Surprise, surprise, I loved it. It certainly has a slightly more mature and complex style in the characters' behaviour/interactions with each other, (even their tone of voice) and dialogue. It has a much more complex structure within the music and even more so in the dance, without moving to far away from the established style.

The talents of the actors are shown more clearly with greater respect. Lucas Grabeel, (Ryan) is allowed to shine through his voice and amazing dancing abilties, stepping out from Ashley Tisdale's, (Sharpay) shadow. Particularly in 'I Don't Dance' with Corbin Bleu (Chad) who also gets the same chance. This movie isn't purely the 'Troy and Gabrielle Show', which being amazed by Lucas's talents especially, was refreshing.

It's a musical, [obviously] and that genre can provide a realistic look at life. Although I don't honestly think HSM2 does this, I again go back to intent. This movie gives an impression of realism of American teenagers, close enough for the target audience to relate, but far enough away to escape and dream. As for anyone older watching this movie, I'm not so sure realism actually matters and perhaps its lack of total authenticity is what appeals to us; perhaps we only want the sunny, rosy escapism.

This movie is cheesy, yes. It doesn't stretch the imagination in it's plot or film making, (cinematography, set design, costuming, etc.) though Kenny Ortega's choreography is renowned outside his involvement in this movie and he never lets you down. It is not a work of excellence, in cinematic terms, but there is just something about this movie that has the world in a craze. Perhaps it is simply because the talent is so blatently thrown in front of you on screen. That is something I don't know how anyone can doubt. Dislike the film, fine. Hate the film, ok. But why doubt the talent or the intentions; or the successful executions of them?

This is one of those movies that 'is what it is'. Once you get that, the reason for its seemingly surprising broad appeal is not so hard to understand. It does what it does and it does it with flare.

(Though I'm still kinda embarrassed that I like it so much...or at all.)

High School Musical 2 - Extended Edition [DVD]