on 4 May 2015
Initially was not impressed with the 1st two series, but started to identify with the characters and thoroughly enjoyed
on 21 March 2014
Bought as a Xmas gift for my son-in-law - never watched it myself but he loved it so I'm told.
on 23 August 2009
My daughter introduced me to this series and I have to admit I was gripped from the start. It has actually caused me to stay up very late, just to watch one more episode.....!! The idea of the programme sounded rather Robinson Crusoe to me, but it is far more than that. The various stories are intricately interwoven and each series leads to new revelations about the characters. I can't wait for series 5 to be out on DVD and for series 6 to be transmitted on Sky next year when we will learn the truth about everything!
on 12 May 2008
I got this set largely because I had some Amazon cash given me, and the wife and I have enjoyed the show since we started watching (late in the first season). It was probably inevitable that we would get the DVDs, but this big box made the choice easier. And with this set, the box is really the main reason to spend the money.
Packaging on the individual seasons has not really been particularly attractive, or even in line with the aesthetic of the show itself; this box corrects that with a big, Hatch-inspired, Dharma-logo bedecked design. I showed it to a neighbour who's never seen the show, and when he saw the box he said, 'That box alone makes me want to see this!'
For the contents inside, there's probably plenty of information with each season box's listing here on Amazon, and this set adds nothing new. What may not be on those listings, however, is my petty bitching about the lack of detail in the boxes. I tend not to like boxes that list 'And More!' in the extra features, and each one of these does. In addition, the commentary tracks are connoted NOWHERE but the DVD menus themselves, and they are few and far between. Two discs into Season 2, and there's been only one, for the pilot.
All this is a shame, because the disc designers did a nice job on the disc content visually. The menus are all nice-looking (Lost-logo type lettering suspended in sound-backed imagery from the show), and the bonus feature discs are fairly packed with featurettes on various aspects of the show.
Frankly, if you need the show on DVD, this box makes it THE way to get it. However, if you can wait, I have a sneaking suspicion there will be a better version of the discs released somewhere down the road.