5.0 out of 5 stars great picture and sound
Published on 7 Nov 2007 by maisy mc

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR design and even worse repairs policy
Within one month of having this TV, a design or manufacturing fault had become apparent: it was allowing small flies in between the layers of the screen.

I requested Philips give me a different TV, but they refused and said that it had to be sent of repairs for a MAXIMUM of 2 weeks. Yet and here I am, 3 weeks later with no TV still. No estimated date for the...
Published on 26 Aug 2008 by M. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars great picture and sound, 7 Nov 2007
This review is from: Philips 19PFL5602D - 19" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview - White (Electronics)
I was in two minds whether to buy this philips or the samsung. Im so glad I opted for this one, what a fantastic sound and the picture quality is crystal clear, (what it says on the box). Its in my kitchen and the white finish gives it a different but stylish look. I have a large kitchen diner its always busy, lots of chatting, food cooking, extractor fan on occasionally but you can still hear the sound clearly over all the noise and its only turned up half way. Overall a great tv for a kitchen or bedroom the screen looks bigger than a 19" and with digital intergrated its a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, really stylish TV, incredibly easy to use, 3 Jan 2008
Ms. Gadget "Gadget Girl" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I can genuinely find nothing bad to say about this TV. When it arrived, I was firstly struck by how stylish this TV was (if you love your iPod, you'll really appreciate the white and silver styling of this, its very funky) and it comes with a cool white glass stand. Setting it up couldn't have been easier, I simply turned it on, and it did the rest - finding all of the freeview channels automatically and quickly. The picture is really great, and that is just with my old portable aerial. The sound quality is good for a TV of this size, the volume goes pretty high too (I have it on 17 out of 100). I would recommend this TV to anyone, I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Highly reccomended, 3 Jan 2008
Mrs. Valerie A. Gaskin (Scotland) - See all my reviews
WOW.....what a TV!!!
As soon as you take it out the box you can see it has a quality build to it.
The high white gloss color looks very stylish and looks fantastic in my kitchen.Just plug it in and it sets all your freeview channels automatically.
Picture & sound quality is amazing, but when connected to my HD cable box & my HD dvd player,the picture quality is the best I have ever seen(it's like watching 3D)
There is not one thing I can find wrong with this TV.

BUY IT.........you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb 19" Widescreen Television, 10 May 2008
A. J. Lawson - See all my reviews
I bought this Philips 19" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV for my elderly mother and she is delighted with it!

When you take the TV out of its delivery box what you first notice is the amazing build quality of the set. The pictures you see on the Internet of this TV just do not do it justice. You have to see it for real - both the design and the quality of manufacture are superb.

Great screen output with wide viewing angles and most important the sound from the integral speakers are rich and true.

Many smaller LCD TVs seem to have problems with producing decent sound - but this Philips TV really excels in the sound area.

I bought this TV after having experiencing the terrible LG 19LS4 19" TV.

I think you should stick to quality brands like SONY and PHILIPS when you're buying LCD TVs. If you shop around then you pick these quality brands up for only a little more then the lesser brands - and avoid the hassles of experiencing inferior design/build quality on these lesser brands.

Finally I would like to say a big thank you to Amazon.co.uk for its amazingly fast delivery service via its FREE Delivery Option. The TV was delivered within 48 hours.

So if you're searching for a 19" HD Ready LCD Freeview TV - I highly recommend this Philips model and I highly recommend you buy it through Amazon.co.uk.

Thank you for reading my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT LCD, GREAT PICTURE, GREAT SOUND!, 25 Jan 2008
Bought this for my daughter at christmas,a stylish addition to her white bedroom and we were not disapointed. I had searched for an lcd on the high street and was disapointed with the sound and build of some cheaper models.We were delighted with this model, looks great, great picture and most of all the sound which lacks on a lot of the smaller lcd.The picture quality is superb.Buy it now you won't be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning White 19" LCD, 17 Mar 2008
Bought this Philips 19" for the bedroom after looking around for a few months. Particularly wanted a white TV and this one looks superb. Dead easy to set up, picture and sound quality are both fantastic. Listening to radio through it is amazing. The white frosted glass stand looks really good and acts as a stabiliser so it's really safe even on top of a small unit. Sure it would look great wall mounted too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would rate 6 stars, 5 July 2008
Ms. Yeliz Ozdel (UK) - See all my reviews
I was divided between philips or samsung. I have read all the reviews for both in these pages. Last minute I have decided to buy phillips. It was a present for my husband. He is absolutely over the moon with my choice. It looks so perpect. It is so easy to use. Plug it in, it does everything itself. The picture and sound quality absolutely excellent.I purchased it from hughesdirect. I have ordered on Sunday it arrived on Tuesday.I would recommed to anybody who cannot decide which one to choose. This tv is the answer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought on the strength of previous customer reviews, 16 May 2008
We wanted a white TV and bought this one largely because all of the customer reviews were so positive. The picture quality is excellent. Sound is very good too. The little TV looks good and feels very robust. For a technophobe like me the set up was so easy. We are delighted with our purchase. Our only plea to Philips would be to include a white power cable with their white TV. The black one that comes with the set looks a bit industrial when the TV is wall mounted on an arm as ours is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking, 31 May 2008
Shocked was how I felt when I took this out of the box, all the reviews I read were right, superb looking tv, looks fab with the wii next to it. That's not the end of it, it was so easy to set up for the wii, dvd and satellite. I'm over the moon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Troydee, 20 Mar 2008
Ordered from Amazon 16.27 Friday, estimated delivery Tuesday, having breakfast Monday 07.50, doorbell, new TV, amazing Amazon!!. As to the Philips TV again amazing, so simple to set up even a 3 year old could do it!. I have never seen a clearer picture, almost 3D, and the sound quality betters many expensive hi-fi systems I could name. Altogether an extremely good value purchase, too good for the kitchen where it was destined (I could have a problem with my wife over that so it looks like another purchase shortly). Don't look any further if you are thinking of purchasing a new digital/freeview LCD TV of this size, this has to be it.