3,560 Reviews
 (2,484)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use fast & reliable
If you have SD cards or Micro SD cards with Adaptors this is the card reader to buy. It's well made, tough and takes high capacity SDHC cards. I've used it with Sandisk, Kingston, Cannon and Transcend cards up to 32GB with no problems.
Published on 7 Aug. 2008 by S. Hayward

1.0 out of 5 stars sibgle slot reader
I bought two.

But the items were very disappointing. The first few times used they were fine and then they failed to work on all 3 of our computers, so can't recommend.
Published on 26 Aug. 2011 by soulmate

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use fast & reliable, 7 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader (Personal Computers)
As soon as you insert the card reader Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 all instantly recognise it and transfer speeds are fast. At £3.46 including delivery you can't go wrong.
Get one of these now and you won't have to waste any more time with slow USB cables that require the installation of new software for each different device you use.
Note: For cards of 64GB and over you will need an SDXC card reader such as the one in this link.
B0085Z49NG

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Bargain, 20 May 2008
Well Read "saro319" (Norhampton England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I never connect my camera to the computer. There really is no need to do that. The Integral SD reader does this faster and safely. It's also a terrific bargain and sturdy. Save yourself hassle. Buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Nov. 2008
I bought three of these, and I can't reccommend them enough. They are so easy to use, and far better than scrabbling around looking for usb leads etc. for phones and cameras. I just keep it in my bag, and I can access any sd card for my office work. Absolutely Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 24 Nov. 2008
Plug into my computer, worked straight away . easy to use, great litte product

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain product, 3 Oct. 2008
Bertie (Oop North, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this item from Amazon via a different seller but for a similar price (£2.79) and I'm very happy with it. The item itself is a simple single slot device but has allowed me to access my new camera's SDHC card without draining the camera battery.

My existing card reader doesn't support SDHC so this little gem has made my life easier at a low cost which is something I'm very happy about. It works fine with my Sandisk 8GB SDHC card and I've also successfully tested it with a 64MB Integral SD card and the 32MB Canon MMC+ card that came with my camera. I'm using it succesfully on an iMac with USB 1 ports.

I can't comment on long term use but my initial thoughts are very favourable, especially for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Additional comments for Integral SDHC Card Reader by MDT Tech, 22 April 2012
I have now used this product for a few days and it is really good. Solid construction, grips the card firmly, I've not had an "unrecognised media" error on XPSP3 using a USB2.0 port. Transfers are fast and accurate. I insert the card into the reader, then insert the loaded reader onto the USB connection. Within seconds, XP has recognised the device and "My Computer" shows the card's name, file system, etc as soon as you like. Clicking open is rapid and dragging/dropping as quick as a regular USB storage dongle. I use the option for quick removal, which means that I can simply "Eject" the device without needing to wait for WIndows to finalise the files (i.e. I disable "write caching". Theoretically, this should mean slower writes to the card as they are not buffered to the hard drive, but unless you are writing huge files (my cards are 8GB, Class 4), you won't notice). I keep this device with my "point and shoot" camera and it is soooo much faster than plugging the camer into USB for picture files transfer. Using Windows, it is also much, much quicker to use this device to erase old files too! Cards appear as USB-Drive(s), just like a solid-state chip (in fact that's what these cards are!) and that means nearly all of the options are available. You can "quick" format the card (8GB Class 4) in under 10 seconds (computer dependant), add folders/files, etc. If adding files, make sure that you name them like the camera does (e.g. DSC100-0023 or similar otherwise the camera may not "see" them). Another advantage is that most camera-USB cables do not charge the camera while in USB-data mode: camera batteries take a heavy beating doing all the file working as the +5V rail is not available. Put a second card into the camera (so cheap nowadays - see Amazon sellers, you can get 8GB (about 1300-odd pix or 30 min video depending on settings) for a fiver or less!) and your camera is instantly ready while you process your pictures!¬

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy life-saver!, 1 Mar. 2009
Jonathan (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I had trouble downloading a 3GB video from my Canon IXUS 960 IS Digital Camera - Titanium (12.1MP, 3.7x Optical Zoom) 2.5" LCD via a USB cable to my PC. Although it looked like it had transfered it, the resulting file on my computer was a useless 0KB one. Very frustrating!

However, having read a few forum messages, I decided that spending a few quid on one of these might be worth a shot... and it was! With no trouble at all, I just loaded the SD card into the stick, plugged it in and within a minute or two I was able to see the full 3GB+ file on my PC and do what I wanted with it.

If you're having similar issues, then this is really worth the shot as it worked for me with no problems at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast and a big improvement in formatting over oldr SD card readers under XP, 7 Sept. 2008
Martin Thomas (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I do agree with the very positive reviews of this Integral Integral SD Reader from other reviewers. I will add that it writes many tens of times faster than my other so called "USB 2.0" reader/writer, copying 1.7GB onto a 2GB card in a little over 3 minutes; a staggering improvement.

Next is that it formats SD cards more reliably than I achieved with my existing writer and fixed a problem I was having with writing to 2GB cards that I had FAT formatted. It worked well with a 4GB SDHC (Class 6) card.

It is a treat to use, being quickly recognized by, working consistently with and easily dismounted by XP. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars SD / SDHC Card Reader, 15 Jan. 2009
My old desktop doesn't have a card reader, so I bought this one so I could put all my photos on my old pc onto my SD Card. Then so I could put the SD Card into my Digital Photo Frame. Easy, I just plugged this 'Card Reader' with my SD Card in it into the USB socket on my old computer, then selected all my photos and send them to my SD Card. Now I can watch all the photos from my old pc on my Digital Photo Frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, 1 Jun. 2010
This card reader is simplicity itself. Take your SD memory card from your camera and slot it into the side of the reader. Plug the reader into the USB slot of your computer and hey presto it appears on your computer desktop screen. Now mouse click and you can view all your digital photographs on the card. The reader seems adequately made with a good retaining clear cover over the USB connection to keep it dust free and has an inbuilt red "power on" light when it is connected to your computer. I have now bought two of these, one I now keep by my computer and the other I carry in my camera bag should I need to download or view pictures and am away from my own computer. This card reader method seems easier than using the cable type connections that come with cameras. I am aware that the reader works both with Windows and Snow Leopard. So all in all, I would say this works well and is good value.

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader