Format: DVD|Change

on 6 February 2010
I have already reviewed the audio release of this - I'll assume you know my feelings about the actual music.
It should be noted that the audio CD replaced and/or extended various musical passages, usually to cover up errors. This DVD however, presents the concert in "warts and all" form.
And it has a few advantages over the CD - I never understood why John Handy's delayed re-entrance on "Main Score Part Two" was considered such a grievous error that it needed replacing with an awkward reprise of the opening bars. Or why Roland Hanna's piano interlude at the end of "OP" needed to be trimmed by a few bars. At times though it's a trade-off in errors: "Started..." is just as messy here as it was on the CD, for different reasons.
So collectors will need to have both.